🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Student Arrested After Wearing Gorilla Mask, Carrying Bananas at Black Lives Matter Protest

That school is just an hour away from me. How is dressing up as a monkey and handing out bananas to everyone else who is there a detriment to anyone's well being? Just because someone gives you something to eat doesn't mean that you have to eat it. The last time that I checked, people have a right to refuse.

God bless you and the guy always!!!

Holly

So I could follow your daughter around all day at the mall and make lewd suggestive comments, tell her I'll be waiting for her when she leaves so we can do it, and you will just turn the other cheek? That's messed up!
There is a difference between free expression and verbal harassment.

I'm not a minority nor do I riot or loot. I agree that those actions should be prosecuted, but I am highly offended by someone intentionally try to inflame people in the manner this guy did it, and I would not have shed a tear if he had gotten his assed kicked. It's better he was arrested, and he deserved to be arrested.
You may rest assured there are individuals who would like to kick your ass for what you just said.

How do you feel about that?

so why would a black person get mad if they saw a white person with a gorilla mask on? Unless they think they resemble a gorilla

But what was black people supposed to do when they saw the banannas and mask?

cry?
That would be perfectly lawful. But who said they should do anything?

so why is it a story? Black people in 2016 are no longer bothered by racial slurs and gorilla masks because we all made a decision not to let whitey control our emotions

Looks like racism is in the air...

Student Arrested After Wearing Gorilla Mask, Carrying Bananas at Black Lives Matter Protest

Do you agree or disagree with his arrest?
He was arrested on charges of civil rights intimidation?
I had to look that one up. As you read this it sure seems to fit what BLM has been doing. But alas, crimes of a different color...

2010 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare
Part 3 - Disorderly Conduct and Riots
39-17-309 - Civil rights intimidation.

39-17-309. Civil rights intimidation.

(a) The general assembly finds and declares that it is the right of every person regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion or national origin, to be secure and protected from fear, intimidation, harassment and bodily injury caused by the activities of groups and individuals. It is not the intent of this section to interfere with the exercise of rights protected by the constitution of the United States. The general assembly recognizes the constitutional right of every citizen to harbor and express beliefs on any subject whatsoever and to associate with others who share similar beliefs. The general assembly further finds that the advocacy of unlawful acts by groups or individuals against other persons or groups for the purpose of inciting and provoking damage to property and bodily injury or death to persons is not constitutionally protected, poses a threat to public order and safety, and should be subject to criminal sanctions.

(b) A person commits the offense of intimidating others from exercising civil rights who:

(1) Injures or threatens to injure or coerces another person with the intent to unlawfully intimidate another from the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured by the constitution or laws of the state of Tennessee;

(2) Injures or threatens to injure or coerces another person with the intent to unlawfully intimidate another because that other exercised any right or privilege secured by the constitution or laws of the United States or the constitution or laws of the state of Tennessee;

(3) Damages, destroys or defaces any real or personal property of another person with the intent to unlawfully intimidate another from the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured by the constitution or laws of the state of Tennessee; or

(4) Damages, destroys or defaces any real or personal property of another person with the intent to unlawfully intimidate another because that other exercised any right or privilege secured by the constitution or laws of the United States or the constitution or laws of the state of Tennessee.

(c) It is an offense for a person to wear a mask or disguise with the intent to violate subsection (b).

(d) A violation of subsection (b) is a Class D felony. A violation of subsection (c) is a Class A misdemeanor.

(e) The penalties provided in this section for intimidating others from exercising civil rights do not preclude victims from seeking any other remedies, criminal or civil, otherwise available under law.

(f) But if the person intimidated is Caucasian, then they will be held for felonious assault while being white. Civil Rights laws are made to protect blacks and Hispanics but not to protect white people.

We have seen video after video after video of black ass holes assaulting whites and Hispanics and the cops just stand there awaiting orders to stop the violence.

The Libtards in power in our major urban areas are amoral Marxist scum and deserve to be hung from lamp posts.

mi0000092570.jpg

This is a White man done up in minstrel makeup. It once was a common form of burlesque entertainment. Some people still think it's funny. It's not against the law and there is no reason why it should be.

Blacks don't think it's funny and some of them think it's okay to violently attack someone who would wear minstrel makeup.

I'd be interested in reading both White and Black opinions on the subject of minstrel theater, whether it should be unlawful and whether it's okay for Blacks to assault a White for choosing to wear minstrel makeup.

Tough one but I'm not seeing the intimidation part. The guy is a royal ass but I think he has as much right as the next. Something is missing out of this story. The guy is an idiot.

Looks like racism is in the air...

Do you agree or disagree with his arrest?

I hate what he did and people who mock in that cruel sort of way, though he probably should not have been charged with anything because then you would have to do the same to others expressing themselves. People
have been allowed to burn flags, our shout things over bull horns that could also be interpreted as provoking, but
they are allowed to do that as freedom of speech.

On the other hand though, because this guy was handing out bananas it becomes personally insulting and i think this almost approaches what is considered "fighting words", if his actions are to be considered free speech. In that case someone would have been justified to punch the guy in response.

Also, i think the officers were probably correct in taking him in to prevent things from escalating, for his own protection and protection of others. That's sort of a judgement call I think the officers on the site should be allowed to take. As far as the prosecution part though, I don't think so. It's very ugly speech, but is still considered free speech in order to allow others to express as well.
More than likely, the charge was simply a ruse so that the police could remove the guy and act like they were doing something. The charge will most likely be dropped. That being said, universities don't play by the same rules. The kid will most likely be expelled.

The statement I made was not about the country.
It was about not using the brain.

People have a right to be stupid.

Sometimes there are consequences to stupidity. BUT in the old republic, there could not be laws restricting speech, not even stupid speech.

Then the majority of the people of Tennessee need to change that law.
The law seems fine to me. The application in this case is wrong. But the charge will probably be dropped.

More than likely, the charge was simply a ruse so that the police could remove the guy and act like they were doing something. The charge will most likely be dropped. That being said, universities don't play by the same rules. The kid will most likely be expelled.
You're right about the university being able to expel that student for provocative conduct. But the police are not empowered to forcibly remove or restrain someone who has not violated any specific laws. Even if the charge is dropped a false arrest lawsuit can be filed.

Forum List

Back