Study: All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Without being crushed with posts accusing me of racism can those who are all for open borders, which the US has not had until relatively recently, please tell me in rational terms why they hold that view? Is it just Altruism? Considering the pain and suffering brought with the illegal immigration, such as diseases, why exactly are you for the flood of low skilled, low educated people? Those opposed I already know your reasons, I think.

Study: All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants

According to a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), net employment growth in the United States since 2000 has gone entirely to immigrants, legal and illegal. Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.

The idea of "they're stealing our jobs" is almost as old as the country. And almost as wrong.
Conservatism is about the free movement of capital and labor. The anti immigrant bunch is simply on the wrong track here.

The idea of "they're stealing our jobs" is almost as old as the country. And almost as wrong.
Conservatism is about the free movement of capital and labor. The anti immigrant bunch is simply on the wrong track here.

Are there jobs to steal for a group largely composed of uneducated and low skill? The country NEVER had borders where people just walked across.

So I am getting that you feel that that by allowing ILLEGAL immigration and not just a trickle but a flood of immigrants is good for a country with a lingering 7 percent unemployment rate? When those on disability and dropping out of the work force is on a steep rise?

Are there jobs to steal for a group largely composed of uneducated and low skill? The country NEVER had borders where people just walked across.

So I am getting that you feel that that by allowing ILLEGAL immigration and not just a trickle but a flood of immigrants is good for a country with a lingering 7 percent unemployment rate? When those on disability and dropping out of the work force is on a steep rise?

Jobs arent "stolen". That is simply wrong.
Additionally there were no immigration laws in this country until the 1880s.

If immigrants cannot find jobs they will go home or stop coming. I dont see a problem.

If immigrants cannot find jobs they will go home or stop coming. I dont see a problem.

Why do you put words into my posts? I don't see where I said that jobs were stolen. What I say is that there is a 7 percent unemployment rate and the work force participation rate is dropping. What do you say to those figures?

Go home or collect unemployment, welfare, free education for their kids and Obamacare, would that be a problem?

Last edited:
Why are American companies hiring undocumented workers instead of Americans?

Is it because they pay immigrants less so that the company can profit more?

they can go to other countries and pay people less idiot

now why dont you idiots on the Left ask yourselves is it really logical that people would come here by the millions just to be "exploited" for low wages or subject to the "racism" you losers on the left say is rampant here?

get rid of the anchor baby amendment and stop welfare to illegals; and watch the flow stop
(yes they do get welfare and even tax returns leftard)

Of course as you would too. THAT is the problem that is hurting the middle class. Why the left hates corporations yet wish to help them out with labor on the cheap, that does hurt people is any one's guess.

I started this thread asking for why folks support immigration with open borders if you are one of them would you respond? Thanks.

Last edited:

Why do you put words into my posts? I don't see where I said that jobs were stolen. What I say is that there is a 7 percent unemployment rate and the work force participation rate is dropping. What do you say to those figures?

Go home or collect unemployment, welfare, free education for their kids and Obamacare, would that be a problem?

Social welfare programs are the problem, not immigration.

Of course as you would too. THAT is the problem that is hurting the middle class. Why the left hates corporations yet wish to help them out with labor on the cheap, that does hurt people is any one's guess.

I started another thread asking for why folks support immigration with open borders if you are one of them would you respond? Thanks.
Why is hiring illegal labor hurting the middle class? That makes no sense. The opposite is the case.

Yep just look at European countries..

You can't have it both ways. Do we just let people starve? What if there are no jobs for these low educated low skilled workers? YOU say they will just go home. Is that reality? Can they "just go home?"

I think, this is my opinion, what you want to say is that we could open our border so people could freely come and go. They would come when their is work and not when there isn't. I think I could live with that, some sort of guest worker visa. But what we are doing now is just damn crazy and I don't see "guest worker" as a compromise being offered by anyone. It is either all or nothing that I see.

The immigrants are not stealing the jobs, the assholes are hiring them because they claim white folks won't work...

Yep just look at European countries..

Why Europe's immigration nightmare is only beginning

Why Europe's immigration nightmare is only beginning - CNN.com

You can't have it both ways. Do we just let people starve? What if there are no jobs for these low educated low skilled workers? YOU say they will just go home. Is that reality? Can they "just go home?"

I think, this is my opinion, what you want to say is that we could open our border so people could freely come and go. They would come when their is work and not when there isn't. I think I could live with that, some sort of guest worker visa. But what we are doing now is just damn crazy and I don't see "guest worker" as a compromise being offered by anyone. It is either all or nothing that I see.

What we need is the following:
A biometric ID card that allows the holder to work anywhere in the U.S. All taxes will be collected from his paycheck. If he ends up qualifying for citizenship he gets to claim his SS contributions etc. If not, he doesnt.
The ID also serces as a laissez-passer, allowing him to pass freely over whatever border he came in on. So if he came over from Mexico, he can go back to Mexico, but not to Canada. And vice versa.
The ID should be inexpensive to get and obtainable within 7 working days.
That will solve virtually all the problems. When we made border crossings hard it meant crossing illegally was so difficult people would bring their families rather than just going back when work was done.

What we need is the following:
A biometric ID card that allows the holder to work anywhere in the U.S. All taxes will be collected from his paycheck. If he ends up qualifying for citizenship he gets to claim his SS contributions etc. If not, he doesnt.
The ID also serces as a laissez-passer, allowing him to pass freely over whatever border he came in on. So if he came over from Mexico, he can go back to Mexico, but not to Canada. And vice versa.
The ID should be inexpensive to get and obtainable within 7 working days.
That will solve virtually all the problems. When we made border crossings hard it meant crossing illegally was so difficult people would bring their families rather than just going back when work was done.

That might work but we did have a system like that called a VISA and no one seems to care so they truck across the border in droves, nothing says that they will bother with a new id, until we secure the border.

Forum List

Back