Study: Free birth control leads to fewer abortions; Romney wants to cut access.

It might make sense if it were true.

But it obviously isn't true. There are more unwanted children, more cases of child abuse and neglect, more single parent families, more money spent on welfare since the advent of legalized abortion and free birth control. Kindly stop perpetuating the lie that free birth control and abortion can prevent any of those things, when the fact is, they lead directly to an increase in all.

Do you have figures to back that up?

:link:

Again, there aren't "more cases of child abuse", there's just more reporting of it. When I was growing up, if I acted up in a store, I'd get a whupping. Today that parent would be reported to DCFS in a heartbeat.

Now, true, there are more "single parent families", in the regard that marriage isn't considered a requisite for child-rearing now. So what?

That wasn't birth control, that was to protect to troops from disease. If that's the case, we should be handing out rubbers to these whiny sluts.

And I'll bet you are wondering why the GOP is having problems with women these days...

That wasn't birth control, that was to protect to troops from disease. If that's the case, we should be handing out rubbers to these whiny sluts.

And I'll bet you are wondering why the GOP is having problems with women these days...

omg get a grip, Maher called a Vice President candidate a Cxxt and nobody blamed you liberals for it..some of you here said Palin was MILF so you people have no room to cast stones
give us a friggen break from your all's insanity there are PLENTY women in the Gop..

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now you're quoting Bush? com'on, seriously?

Where does it say, taxes should be used so people can have all the sex they want since we gave them free birth control? or even anything like it?
Rubbers were standard issue during world war 2 and the end of world war 1 to the military.... That certainly was tax payer's money funding it.

:lol:

To protect their rifles during water landings under fire.

few used them for the actual purpose.

Kept their cigarettes dry, too.

omg get a grip, Maher called a Vice President candidate a Cxxt and nobody blamed you liberals for it..some of you here said Palin was MILF so you people have no room to cast stones
give us a friggen break from your all's insanity there are PLENTY women in the Gop..

I've seen women who've said worse things about Palin...

And honestly, if she we a fat bald guy who said such stupid things, most of the right wouldn't pay attention to her.

"It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition.… This we have the capacity to do”

“We need to make population and family planning household words. We need to take sensationalism out of this topic so that it can no longer be used by militants who have no real knowledge of the voluntary nature of the program but, rather are using it as a political stepping stone. If family planning is anything, it is a public health matter”. ~ George HW Bush

Title X funding passed 298 to 32 in the House and passed the Senate unanimously.

HW Bush did not get the nickname of "Rubbers" for nothing!

Such a well coined phrase, I have never heard of it.......

And honestly, if she we a fat bald guy who said such stupid things, most of the right wouldn't pay attention to her.

oh that's right, you think you KNOW everything...Palin was a Govoner of a state, so she is not a NOBODY like most of you here

What happened to conservatives?

“It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition.… This we have the capacity to do”. Richard Nixon

I tend to think that what has happened to Conservatives has happened to Libeals at least on the top of the table.

Look at the pair we have running for office. Obama came from humble beginnings; no dobut. Apparently, he excelled in his studies, went to Harvard, worked in the community, the state legislature, the Congress, then the Presidency. Not saying it's been a day at the beach for him but its doubtful he's taken an unsure breath in two decades. Governor Romney was born in to wealth and affluence and, to his credit, maintained both. It is possible he's never taken that unsure breath. Even the supposedly "endearing" stories his wife tells smack of it; "We had to sell stock to get by."

The problem isn't Obama and the problem isn't Romney. The problem is that our professional politicians have become stratified to the point to where the path doesn't go through public service as it used to. The public service introduces the future politician to what actual sacrifice is taking place. Through that understanding, you earn a respect for what people do to make ends meet. Both candidates acknowledge the need for the social safety net but I doubt either one understand how delicate the threads of that net are.

One could extrapolate this out to the softness we have as a society but that softness has always been such to a degree.

Given to some pretty wild-assed speculation about Obama based on actual factual documentation.

It might make sense if it were true.

But it obviously isn't true. There are more unwanted children, more cases of child abuse and neglect, more single parent families, more money spent on welfare since the advent of legalized abortion and free birth control. Kindly stop perpetuating the lie that free birth control and abortion can prevent any of those things, when the fact is, they lead directly to an increase in all.

Do you have figures to back that up?

:link:

Again, there aren't "more cases of child abuse", there's just more reporting of it. When I was growing up, if I acted up in a store, I'd get a whupping. Today that parent would be reported to DCFS in a heartbeat.

Now, true, there are more "single parent families", in the regard that marriage isn't considered a requisite for child-rearing now. So what?

True, and that would be the case with other issues as well; abuse and neglect were occurring 50 years ago, much of it simply not reported.

HW Bush did not get the nickname of "Rubbers" for nothing!

Such a well coined phrase, I have never heard of it.......

In Washington
As congressman, Bush struggled to strike a balance between the conservative Texas electorate and his more moderate personal views. His vote in favor of the Fair Housing Act of 1968 was not popular among his constituents, but he defended it strongly. Despite not leaving too much of a mark in Washington in those four years, he did earn the nickname "Rubbers" for his deep interest in population control and family planning. With his father's help, Bush became the first freshman in 63 years to be offered a seat on the powerful Ways and Means Committee. In 1970 Bush relinquished his safe House seat in favor of another run for the Senate. Once again, he was defeated.

Biography . George H. W. Bush . American Experience . WGBH | PBS

Think about who benefits from contraceptive devices surgically implanted in young girls. Hint: it's the same people who support the concept. Liberal men have been abusing girls for a hundred years in the US. All they have to do is use peer-pressure and psychological tactics and they have another young girl who can be abused sexually without having the responsibility of supporting a child. It's a win-win for dirty old and hip young liberal men both politically and socially and girls come up on the losing end in the democrat war against moral and family values.

oh that's right, you think you KNOW everything...Palin was a Govoner of a state, so she is not a NOBODY like most of you here

No, she was a FAILED DISGRACED governor of a minor state.

Just to be accurate and all. She was someone the Oil Companies that run Alaska thought would do as she was told and she did.

Until McCain made the biggest mistake of his political career and inflicted her on teh rest of the country.

Which has nothing do with the fact that the right calls the 97% of women who practice some kid of family planning "sluts".

Where does it say, taxes should be used so people can have all the sex they want since we gave them free birth control? or even anything like it?
Rubbers were standard issue during world war 2 and the end of world war 1 to the military.... That certainly was tax payer's money funding it.

absolutely the same....

the gvt was taking our tax money to supply military men with condoms so they could go out and f**k whomever they wanted.....whenever they wanted.

They set the precedence for gvt funding....

Last edited:
Are you actually equating giving men, how signed up for war, with people who are just to dumb to say; "not now, I don't have protection."?

uhhhh, the point being is that government has been paying for birth control/and safe sex via rubbers for quite some time....

You would think that grown men in the military are adults and can utilize their own self control....but I guess not.

It opened the door to the gvt funding birth control and safe sex. The only difference now regarding gvt funding birth control is that it is women you are concerned with and not men... So Why should my tax dollars go towards grown military men f-ing around, war or not?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the gvt funding military men with condoms, just wondering why it is okay for the gvt funding the goose, but not the gander?

Because the military and the public is not equal. We feed the military, there is no mess hall for the public. We arm the military, there is no armory for the public. We tell the military where to go and when. The public doesn't get deployment orders.

Actually, we do fund a "mess hall" for the public. It takes the form of two, sometimes three meals a day provided for qualifying school children. Sometimes, even their families can eat for 'free'. It even goes as far as feeding these people when school isn't in session.

No, she was a FAILED DISGRACED governor of a minor state.

Just to be accurate and all. She was someone the Oil Companies that run Alaska thought would do as she was told and she did.

Until McCain made the biggest mistake of his political career and inflicted her on teh rest of the country.

Which has nothing do with the fact that the right calls the 97% of women who practice some kid of family planning "sluts".

Minor state? In what respect? Well, I'll let that pass as it obviously illustrates your own ignorance about things you have no clue about.

Are you actually equating giving men, how signed up for war, with people who are just to dumb to say; "not now, I don't have protection."?

uhhhh, the point being is that government has been paying for birth control/and safe sex via rubbers for quite some time....

You would think that grown men in the military are adults and can utilize their own self control....but I guess not.

It opened the door to the gvt funding birth control and safe sex. The only difference now regarding gvt funding birth control is that it is women you are concerned with and not men... So Why should my tax dollars go towards grown military men f-ing around, war or not?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the gvt funding military men with condoms, just wondering why it is okay for the gvt funding the goose, but not the gander?

Because the military and the public is not equal. We feed the military, there is no mess hall for the public. We arm the military, there is no armory for the public. We tell the military where to go and when. The public doesn't get deployment orders.
so what? I am a military brat, I grew up in a military family all my life and my husband served as well and is a disabled veteran....I don't think we are "special" and above any other citizen here in this country.

There is NO DIFFERENCE paying for Military men (to have rubbers), many of whom are married, so they can go out and f**k away whomever they want, while they are doing a tour overseas or in war....other than saving the military money in the long run, because they won't have to pay for all of their health care treatments for various venereal diseases, than to fund the pill or rubbers to keep other citizens from getting pregnant or a disease, because it will save the gvt money in the long run.

The precedence was set.

The effect on teen pregnancy was striking: There were 6.3 births per 1,000 teenagers in the study. Compare that to a national rate of 34 births per 1,000 teens in 2010.

There also were substantially lower rates of abortion, when compared with women in the metro area and nationally: 4.4 to 7.5 abortions per 1,000 women in the study, compared with 13.4 to 17 abortions per 1,000 women overall in the St. Louis region, Peipert calculated. That's lower than the national rate, too, which is almost 20 abortions per 1,000 women.

Consequently, it’s the consensus of conservatives that the facts should be ignored, and the program ended, because they perceive providing free contraceptives as ‘offensive’ and in conflict with their subjective moral dogma.

Yet another of many good reasons to vote against Romney and republicans in general.

Who benefits from pressuring young girls to have contraceptive devices surgically implanted in their bodies? Hugh Heffner? Sleazy pimps, dirty old men, sexual predators, hormone infused boys? Surely it''s not the girls.

Who benefits from pressuring young girls to have contraceptive devices surgically implanted in their bodies? Hugh Heffner? Sleazy pimps, dirty old men, sexual predators, hormone infused boys? Surely it''s not the girls.
the girl can suffer a great deal through the pregnancy at such a young age as well....I think it should be up to the parents if they believe their child needs such....hard to imagine a parent agreeing to such, but if they do, they must know that their child has lost their virginity already....

I don't agree with any kind of mandate for birth control for the young or protection for the adult perverts who may abuse them....but if the girls are abused and they do get pregnant from such abuse....I would rather them not get pregnant, than for them to have to consider their option of abortion or to have an abortion at such a young age.

Forum List

Back