Study Shows Migrants Use Almost TWICE The Welfare Benefits As Native-Born Americans

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Another leftwing claim about illegals goes down the tubes:

New research has discovered that foreign noncitizens use nearly two times the amount of welfare as native-born Americans. Both legal and illegal aliens fall into the category of foreigners who take from the welfare system.

According to a report by Breitbart, in recently released research by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), analysts discovered that about 63 percent of noncitizen households, those who live legally and illegally in the U.S., use some form of public welfare while only about 35 percent of native-born American households are on welfare.

VI1Nk76.png

California and Texas have the most expansive welfare-dependent immigration. For example, more than 7-in-10 noncitizen households in California use at least one form of welfare compared to just 35 percent of native-born American households that use welfare in the state.

In Texas, nearly 70 percent of noncitizen households use welfare. Similar to California, only 35 percent of native-born American households are on welfare.

And they are at least 100,000 times less American. Why are we taking in immigrants and replacing ourselves when we could be making more Americans?

New research has discovered that foreign noncitizens use nearly two times the amount of welfare as native-born Americans. Both legal and illegal aliens fall into the category of foreigners who take from the welfare system.

According to a report by Breitbart, in recently released research by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), analysts discovered that about 63 percent of noncitizen households, those who live legally and illegally in the U.S., use some form of public welfare while only about 35 percent of native-born American households are on welfare.

VI1Nk76.png

California and Texas have the most expansive welfare-dependent immigration. For example, more than 7-in-10 noncitizen households in California use at least one form of welfare compared to just 35 percent of native-born American households that use welfare in the state.

In Texas, nearly 70 percent of noncitizen households use welfare. Similar to California, only 35 percent of native-born American households are on welfare.

You picked a winner on this one. Freedompost which uses Breitbart which uses CIS as a source. The problem is, CIS is using bad information from the beginning. All 3 of these are known Conspiracy and non factual sites. The original figures used by CIS was compiles using ALL Immigrants, both legal and illegal, to come up with a total. Then they took that total and used it for just Illegals. Then they used the lower legal immigrant figures in comparison. It ends up making it look like the Illegals are getting much more welfare than they really are. Breitbart made the chart from this bad data. This gets my conveted award of "Stop Making Shit Up".

VI1Nk76.png

You picked a winner on this one. Freedompost which uses Breitbart which uses CIS as a source. The problem is, CIS is using bad information from the beginning. All 3 of these are known Conspiracy and non factual sites. The original figures used by CIS was compiles using ALL Immigrants, both legal and illegal, to come up with a total. Then they took that total and used it for just Illegals. Then they used the lower legal immigrant figures in comparison. It ends up making it look like the Illegals are getting much more welfare than they really are. Breitbart made the chart from this bad data. This gets my conveted award of "Stop Making Shit Up".
Sorry, turd, but Breitbart is a conspiracy site only in the imaginations of snowflake morons like you. I don't know anything about the other two sites, but I sure as hell don't swallow your opinion on them.

The title of the thread says "Immigrants," so your claim is wrong on its face.

VI1Nk76.png

Sorry, turd, but Breitbart is a conspiracy site only in the imaginations of snowflake morons like you. I don't know anything about the other two sites, but I sure as hell don't swallow your opinion on them.

yet it's presented like it was just the Illegal Immigrants. Give it a break. and read the response just before you embarrassed yourself with this one.

VI1Nk76.png

yet it's presented like it was just the Illegal Immigrants. Give it a break. and read the response just before you embarrassed yourself with this one.
I throw it out there to start a discussion. If you want to attack their conclusions, then go ahead, but rejecting them simply because you don't like the source is a logical fallacy.

From the CATO Institute.

The federal government spent about $2.3 trillion in 2016 on the welfare state, an amount equal to approximately 60 percent of all federal outlays in that year.1 A full $1.5 trillion of those expenditures went to the entitlement programs of Social Security and Medicare, whose intended beneficiaries are the elderly, while the other $800 billion went to means-tested welfare benefits, whose intended beneficiaries are the poor.2Overall, immigrants are less likely to consume welfare benefits and, when they do, they generally consume a lower dollar value of benefits than native-born Americans. Immigrants who meet the eligibility thresholds of age for the entitlement programs or poverty for the means-tested welfare programs generally have lower use rates and consume a lower dollar value relative to native-born Americans.3 The per capita cost of providing welfare to immigrants is substantially less than the per capita cost of providing welfare to native-born Americans.

Cato is a right of center think tank. What used to be considered conservative

Stopped reading when I saw "According to a report by Breitbart,”
It gets worse

According to a report by Breitbart, in recently released research by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS),

A dishonest anti-immigrant "think tank"

I always fact check whatever CIS puts out. When it's about a ultra right wing thing, they are truthful. But on everything else, they make my coveted "Making Shit Up" list. And any site that uses them as a source also gets that coveted award.

According to Pew, 3.8 million undocumented immigrants have at least one child who is a citizen. And as a citizen the US not only cares for them, but makes sure the new citizens caregivers can take care of the new citizen.

Mark.

VI1Nk76.png

I throw it out there to start a discussion. If you want to attack their conclusions, then go ahead, but rejecting them simply because you don't like the source is a logical fallacy.

I was the one that followed it to the source. That source was CIS. And I fact checked the information they put out and it was false. They got my coveted "Stop Making Shit Up" award. Breitbart and the other used that information to compile their own and came up with false information. No matter how pretty you make your picture, if it's based on faulty data, it's a lie. And the harder you try and defend it, the more you earn your own coveted "Stop Making Shit Up" award.

VI1Nk76.png

52944341_2350955221604011_3365245066988748800_n.jpg

From the CATO Institute.

The federal government spent about $2.3 trillion in 2016 on the welfare state, an amount equal to approximately 60 percent of all federal outlays in that year.1 A full $1.5 trillion of those expenditures went to the entitlement programs of Social Security and Medicare, whose intended beneficiaries are the elderly, while the other $800 billion went to means-tested welfare benefits, whose intended beneficiaries are the poor.2Overall, immigrants are less likely to consume welfare benefits and, when they do, they generally consume a lower dollar value of benefits than native-born Americans. Immigrants who meet the eligibility thresholds of age for the entitlement programs or poverty for the means-tested welfare programs generally have lower use rates and consume a lower dollar value relative to native-born Americans.3 The per capita cost of providing welfare to immigrants is substantially less than the per capita cost of providing welfare to native-born Americans.

Cato is a right of center think tank. What used to be considered conservative

Cato was also founded and funded by the Koch brothers, who are HUGE believers is allowing in low wage workers. Hmm, could there be any bias in what their bought and paid for organization reports?

Mark

According to Pew, 3.8 million undocumented immigrants have at least one child who is a citizen. And as a citizen the US not only cares for them, but makes sure the new citizens caregivers can take care of the new citizen.

Mark.

And if that illegal immigrant is caught, even with a legally born child, they can be deported with or without the child at the illegal immigrants discretion. The Child has the legal right to stay, the parent does not. Yah, I know, that sounds heartless but that's just the way it is.

Stopped reading when I saw "According to a report by Breitbart,”
It gets worse

According to a report by Breitbart, in recently released research by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS),

A dishonest anti-immigrant "think tank"

I always fact check whatever CIS puts out. When it's about a ultra right wing thing, they are truthful. But on everything else, they make my coveted "Making Shit Up" list. And any site that uses them as a source also gets that coveted award.
You never fact check what CNN or WAPO puts out, so why should anyone listen to what you have to say about CIS?

Forum List

Back