Stupidity knows no rank: "Climate change is a threat to our national security."

Yes, really.

Ever heard of Malthus, John Kenneth Galbraith, or Paul Erlich??

economists and theorists?
So-called "experts", who also had dire predictions for mankind, who lived long enough to see themselves proved wrong.....Wrong by monumental proportions.

ok, three guys were wrong.

George HW bush though he would be re-elected.

Alan Greenspan thought that an invisible hand would always correct the market.

Einstein though wearing a watch on his ankle and walking backward would let him go back in time.

The Catholic church promoted as dogma that we lived in a heliocentric univese.

Einstein though wearing a watch on his ankle and walking backward would let him go back in time.

Four non sequiturs doesn't change the fact that all three of the "experts" I mentioned supposedly had all their facts and figures down cold, only to have reality bash them upside the head.

Try again.

[

Well, it's lower than sea level mostly due to geology, geography as well as oil removal.
It's lower because swampland with its water removed dries out and compacts.

Sheesh!!

The whole lower half of the state of LA is alluvial fill from the mississippi, it's thin, doesn't compact well and easy to remove by tidal changes and hurricanes, which happen every year.

Also, since all the agricultural runnoff has created a dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico, corals and other carbonitic life have not been able to become established in the delta region to help stabalize the alluvium.

The fact that the Mississippi enters the Gulf of Mexico, a warm water, relatively shallow sea, helps with the constant erosion of the alluvium.

Most of the Southern USA has limestone as bedrock, limestone is a soft rock, easily eroded by ground water. Karst topography creates large sinkholes and slower subsiding locations throughout the South.

Oil companies remove the oil in the shale, creating a subsidence as well, since NO has been pumping oil out for years, this has an effect on the topography of the whole state.

What do you think will happen IF sea levels rise?

Washington DC and New York city are about a foot or less above sea level.

Miami is built upon the water.

New Orleans is lower than sea level.

we will take you seriously when you tell us the goracle is done with flying around the globe in his private jet cashing in on his hype,, notice I said hype not hope.. democwats aren't really worried about global warming and the rising seas,, or they would stop with their bullshit limousine liberal behavior! donchyathink? :lol:

I don't control Al Bore, like you don't control Dick Cheney.

I do agree that it doesn't help the "cause" when he puts himself in these situatiions.

Four non sequiturs doesn't change the fact that all three of the "experts" I mentioned supposedly had all their facts and figures down cold, only to have reality bash them upside the head.

Try again.

They were wrong, like the examples i posted. Your thought is that computer models don't work because imperfect people enter the data.

They were wrong, while trying to convince the whole world that they were right, and that draconian centralized authoritarian measures had to be taken to save all of humanity.

That's what makes your really weak examples non sequitur.

Computer models don't work because they can only express the data that's been put into them. They cannot independently consider new information or react to information that was overlooked.

Last edited:
Do you realize that in the last three posts you've made in response to me you've used the phrase Non sequitur?

Well ... New Orleans was under for a bit there ... because the levies broke though. :razz:
Yeah, but that wasn't because of climate change....It was because some evil bigoted white people bombed the levees.

I know it's true because Calypso Louie said so!! :lol:

Didn't one of the kennedy boys say it was Bush's hurricane? I think I'm right...Bush didn't sign on to the Kyoto Treaty. So the left probably connected the dots for the global warming nonsense

What do you think will happen IF sea levels rise?

Washington DC and New York city are about a foot or less above sea level.

Miami is built upon the water.

New Orleans is lower than sea level.

:eusa_eh: Do you know anything beyond your pamphlets? New Orleans ... really ... learn a bit about the city and why it's lower than sea level.

Well, it's lower than sea level mostly due to geology, geography as well as oil removal.

You should have quit with geography...oil removal has nothing to do with it.

Well ... New Orleans was under for a bit there ... because the levies broke though. :razz:
Yeah, but that wasn't because of climate change....It was because some evil bigoted white people bombed the levees.

Didn't one of the kennedy boys say it was Bush's hurricane? I think I'm right...Bush didn't sign on to the Kyoto Treaty. So the left probably connected the dots for the global warming nonsense

That was never-had-an-honest-job-in-my-life career meathead whiner (GOD how that asshole's voice is grating), RFK jr.

How many ice ages have we had, puntuated by warming ages?

And man is the cause of it?

Libs are certifiable.

That was never-had-an-honest-job-in-my-life career meathead whiner (GOD how that asshole's voice is grating), RFK jr.
yup, that would be the one.

Libruls will lie about anything and everything to make their "ManMade Global Warming" Religion the official religion of the USA.

The latest example: "Addressing the consequences of changes in the Earth's climate is not simply about saving polar bears or preserving the beauty of mountain glaciers," retired Navy Vice Adm. Lee F. Gunn, president of the American Security Project, told the panel. "Climate change is a threat to our national security."

"Climate change is a threat to our national security."

Yes, its THAT fucking stupid!

Kerry panel looks at climate change and national security - National Politics Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Isn't the Navy supposed to be comfortable with water?

Well, Frank, you have truly shown yourself to be one ignoramous. One silly assed partisan incapable of the least research. How do you ever find your way to work in the morning?

Download the Report Best for on-line viewing
Download the Report Best for printing
Download Briefing on Report
Global climate change presents a serious national security threat which could impact Americans at home, impact United States military operations and heighten global tensions, according to a new study released by a blue-ribbon panel of retired admirals and generals from all branches of the armed services.

The study, “National Security and the Threat of Climate Change,” explores ways projected climate change is a threat multiplier in already fragile regions, exacerbating conditions that lead to failed states — the breeding grounds for extremism and terrorism.

The CNA Corporation brought together eleven retired three-star and four-star admirals and generals to provide advice, expertise and perspective on the impact of climate change. CNAC writers and researchers compiled the report under the board's direction and review.

The report includes several formal findings:

Projected climate change poses a serious threat to America's national security.
Climate change acts as a threat multiplier for instability in some of the most volatile regions of the world.
Projected climate change will add to tensions even in stable regions of the world.
Climate change, national security and energy dependence are a related set of global challenges.
The report also made several specific recommendations:

The national security consequences of climate change should be fully integrated into national security and national defense strategies.
The U.S. should commit to a stronger national and international role to help stabilize climate changes at levels that will avoid significant disruption to global security and stability.

National Security and the Threat of Climate Change - The CNA Corporation

Environmental groups have been warning for years that tense parts of the world could get even worse with the advent of global climate change, and even spark whole new conflicts. Now, the nation’s spies are saying pretty much the same thing.

The U.S. intelligence community has finished up its classified assessment of how our changing weather patterns could contribute to "political instability around the world, the collapse of governments and the creation of terrorist safe havens," Inside Defense reports. Congress was briefed on the report last week. And on Wednesday, leading spies — including National Intelligence Council chairman Dr. Thomas Fingar and Energy Department intelligence chief Rolf Mowatt-Larsen — will testify on the Hill about the 58-page document, "The National Security Implications of Global Climate Change Through 2030."

In addition to examining how weather could add stress to governments with a weak grip on power … the authors mulled a spectrum of second- and third-order consequences for
Washington policymakers to consider — including indirect security concerns like impacts on economies, energy, social unrest and migration.

Foreign-policy concerns were also weighed, including how flooding, rising water levels or drought might create humanitarian crises. Also examined was how extreme weather events could challenge the response capabilities of governments around the world.

"Climate change is a threat multiplier in the world’s most unstable regions," a source familiar with the document tells Danger Room. "It’s like a match to the tinder." Just think about the fights over water already under way in the Middle East and Africa, or the tensions exacerbated by the hurricanes and tsunamis in Asia

Nation’s Spies: Climate Change Could Spark War | Danger Room | Wired.com

I believe the main issue in the future with regards to climate change is the availability of clean potable water.

If the sea levels rise, the water tables, deltas and river mouths will become more brackish.

dries areas will get drier, desertification is increasing.

If you think people get rowdy over oil, they'll be nuts over water access

Forum List

Back