Suburban Women are Turned Off by Trump's Rhetoric

For House members, Democrats received a total of 60.6 million votes. Republicans received 50.9 million votes. That's an 8.6% difference. Obviously not all states in the Senate are up for vote, so I don't think the 7 percentage points is unreasonable.

And it's based on exit polling.

Trump will get his base out in 2020. Plus there's a new push to stop the illegal voting in the inner cities.

He tried to get his base to come out in the midterm election. That didn't go well.

Historically Presidents' lose seats in mid-terms..

In Since 1966 the President that lost most seats was in 2010 by Obama who lost 72 seats.
The President's Party Loses an Average 30 Seats in Midterm Elections

Trump averts disaster: He is just the third president in 100 years to gain Senate seats in midterm election, but lose House seats
Trump lost 26 House and GAINED 3 Senate!
Trump averts disaster: He is just the third president in 100 years to gain Senate seats in midterm election, but lose House seats
View attachment 272484

President Trump always wins.

For House members, Democrats received a total of 60.6 million votes. Republicans received 50.9 million votes. That's an 8.6% difference. Obviously not all states in the Senate are up for vote, so I don't think the 7 percentage points is unreasonable.

Trump will get his base out in 2020. Plus there's a new push to stop the illegal voting in the inner cities.

He tried to get his base to come out in the midterm election. That didn't go well.

In Since 1966 the President that lost most seats was in 2010 by Obama who lost 72 seats.

View attachment 272484

Except in 2018. The person you quoted didn't realize that Trump lost way more than 26 House seats. Whoops.

View attachment 272484

Except in 2018. The person you quoted didn't realize that Trump lost way more than 26 House seats. Whoops.
In the end males won't listen to females. They will go out and kill and maim and steal and then destroy everything to take what they want. I have stopped watching or reduced media/entertainment/sports TV stations that have mostly women dominating them and prog males including sports, dramas and movies. I don't think you are getting it.

In the end males won't listen to females. They will go out and kill and maim and steal and then destroy everything to take what they want. I have stopped watching or reduced media/entertainment/sports TV stations that have mostly women dominating them and prog males including sports, dramas and movies. I don't think you are getting it.

You're right - I don't think I'm getting whatever point you're trying to make.

Are you saying that the next election will be decided by violent men rather than by votes?

View attachment 272484

He lost 41 seats, not 26. That's 37% more than the average president.

Why would you say that he gained 3 seats in the Senate. The net gain was only two.

And you're making too much of the fact that he gained in the Senate, which historically doesn't happen. Senators have 6-year terms and the senators that happened to be up for election in 2018 were mostly Democrats - they were basically playing defense. 24 Democrat senators were up for election and only 9 Republican senators were up in 2018.

Don't believe a word of it! NO links. No substantiation. Just your guesses!
Come on that is so intellectual inept! Prove it!

I looked at your link. That graph was generated the day after the midterm election. Notice the asterisk on the 2018. It says "Tentative results. Will be updated as more races are called."

Also, right below the graph, it says this:

"It wasn’t enough to stanch the bleeding in the House, however. Republicans on Tuesday lost at least 27 House seats, with some results still pending. Democrats are projected to win around 33 seats,"

Check it for yourself. See, several of the races were still being decided long past that date and Democrats ended up winning 41 net total.

Or just look up the numbers yourself. The 2016 House had 194 Democrats. The 2018 House has 235 Democrat members.

235-194 = 41.

I'm going to do what people like you never do...admit a mistake.
See I'm not pompous or pious enough to think I'm perfect and never make mistakes.

Unlike the Anti-Trumpers who believed as Obama did, and as he said.. i.e. Obama was "god-like" when
he accepted the nomination in 2008
“the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

So I admit.. I took a chart that was right after the election and didn't get the final count.
I was wrong.

View attachment 272484

Why would you say that he gained 3 seats in the Senate. The net gain was only two.

And you're making too much of the fact that he gained in the Senate, which historically doesn't happen. Senators have 6-year terms and the senators that happened to be up for election in 2018 were mostly Democrats - they were basically playing defense. 24 Democrat senators were up for election and only 9 Republican senators were up in 2018.

I looked at your link. That graph was generated the day after the midterm election. Notice the asterisk on the 2018. It says "Tentative results. Will be updated as more races are called."

"It wasn’t enough to stanch the bleeding in the House, however. Republicans on Tuesday lost at least 27 House seats, with some results still pending. Democrats are projected to win around 33 seats,"

Check it for yourself. See, several of the races were still being decided long past that date and Democrats ended up winning 41 net total.

Or just look up the numbers yourself. The 2016 House had 194 Democrats. The 2018 House has 235 Democrat members.

235-194 = 41.

See I'm not pompous or pious enough to think I'm perfect and never make mistakes.

Unlike the Anti-Trumpers who believed as Obama did, and as he said.. i.e. Obama was "god-like" when
“the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.
Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

So I admit.. I took a chart that was right after the election and didn't get the final count.
I was wrong.

I'm glad you learned something here.

View attachment 272484

235-194 = 41.

I was wrong.

Well thanks to you I've learned what pomposity looks like.

235-194 = 41.

I was wrong.

Well thanks to you I've learned what pomposity looks like.

Sorry, that didn't come across as sincere as I intended. It sounded less dick-ish at the time.

With all the "fake news" arguments we see around here, and both sides digging deeper into their political trenches, we rarely see anyone around here with the guts to admit they were wrong and change their opinion. I'm legitimately glad that we were able to agree on something factual when we weren't before.

Everyone makes mistakes. Most people, at least around here, won't ever admit to them or learn anything outside their party's political talking points.

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections.....

I am a woman and II love him. I don't believe those polls

People like you believe what they want to believe. The recent midterm elections confirms the claims made in the articles. The Republicans lost several suburban Congressional seats because they lost suburban women.

I'm not sure what women this article is getting it's info from. Most of the women I have conversed with are strong supporters of Trump's policies. They may not be in love with Trump the person. But his policies will easily get him re-elected.

Rush Limbaugh does not claim the people he talks to on the phone are representative of all Americans yet you claim the women you talk to represents all American women. Figures do not lie. Women especially suburban women have supported the Democrats in larger numbers than they supported Clinton.
You don't quite got all your groceries bagged - doya?

You are empty in the grocery department. That is a fact.

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

Suburban women recoil as Trump dives into racial politics

Trumps antics solidify his base

But it is independent women and men who will decide close elections. With a booming economy, Trump should be a shoe-in for re-election.
But he constantly shows himself to be unfit to be president.

Makes 2020 that much more difficult

You admit Trump's economy is booming, but say he's unfit. Uh what? LOL Liberals. smh

It is the Obama-Trump economy. Neither deserve any credit.
/—-/ Is that the libs screwball excuse today? Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

The unemployment rate was 4.7% when Trump took office. That is a fact.

Bullshit. You want the federal government doing what you want. You do not want less government. These anti-abortion bills are not small government.

I do not interfere in what someone calls themselves. You want the federal government to interfere.

They are done at the State level. I, as a resident of New York am OK with the old abortion laws we had, which basically said anything goes before the 3rd trimester.

If Alabama wants to ban it, let them.

I say no and a majority of voters would say no. That is why they support the Roe vs Wade ruling.

Roe V Wade is made up bullshit.

I bet you are the type that loves made up rights while trying to deny people 2nd amendment rights.

You are bullshit. Roe vs Wade is a reasonable compromise since no one knows when a life exists.

Privacy rights are not made up rights. I support gun rights with reasonable regulation and bump stocks should be banned.as they are not guns.

It's a "compromise" based on nothing. No where in the Constitution is there a right to an abortion.

NYC makes me wait 3-6 months and pay over $500 in fees just to keep a revolver in my apartment, and makes me come up with a "good reason" and wait even longer and pay even more for a concealed carry permit. Is that "reasonable"?

The right to privacy exists. You apparently support the government telling women what they can do with their bodies yet you oppose mandates such as the individual mandate in Obamacare. You are a hypocrite.

The loss of support from suburban women is what cost the Republicans the House in these last midterm elections. If the president can't start behaving like an adult why even bother to run for reelection?

Trumps antics solidify his base

But it is independent women and men who will decide close elections. With a booming economy, Trump should be a shoe-in for re-election.
But he constantly shows himself to be unfit to be president.

Makes 2020 that much more difficult

You admit Trump's economy is booming, but say he's unfit. Uh what? LOL Liberals. smh

/—-/ Is that the libs screwball excuse today? Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

The unemployment rate was 4.7% when Trump took office. That is a fact.
Obama's median unemployment rate during his 96 months in office was 7.7% - the highest of any administration since WW2.
That is a fact.

3 years in after tax cuts, tariffs, trade deals, etc, it's the Trump economy.

The key for the D's in 2020 is to somehow tank the economy. Their stooge economists like Krugman have done their best, but they are going to have to work harder to get people put out of work and, hopefully for them, starving on the streets so they can blame Trump.

An

No, the Republicans lost the House in the midterm elections
because after 2 years of the never ending drama and noise
Pelosi and her ilk had created but attributed it to
Democrats no longer in a position to ‘stop the(ir)madness’

On top of the nonstop propaganda campaign
of Russian collusion and Orange Man Bad

For the love of, government has ceased to function
because of the nonsense the left has engaged in
because they don’t act like adults

Pelosi convinced naive voters that the only way
civility would be restored in Washington
was with Democrats back in power

These suburban women said what they had to
because you best believe they were white

They were dead on in 2018. The only one who got it wrong was Rasmussen.

They were actually short of the overall turnover from Republican to Dem. not exactly "dead on"

Wow a sitting President loses the House in his first term.... that has never happened before, EVER

Final Results Republicans 53.3 Democrats 44.9 Democrats +8.4
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 11/1 - 11/3 774 LV Republicanscreated this. 50 Democrats 43 Democrats +7
CNN 11/1 - 11/3 1151 LV Republicans 55 Democrats 42 Democrats +13
ABC News/Wash Post 10/29 - 11/1 737 LV Republicans 52 Democrats 44 Democrats +8
Rasmussen Reports 10/28 - 11/1 2500 LV Republicans 45 Democrats 46 Republicans +1
IBD/TIPP 10/25 - 11/3 798 LV Republicans 50 Democrats 41 Democrats +9
Economist/YouGov 10/28 - 10/30 1296 RV Republicans 47 Democrats 42 Democrats +5
NPR/PBS/Marist 10/28 - 10/29 509 LV Republicans 52 Democrats 43 Democrats +9
Harvard-Harris 10/26 - 10/28 1835 RV Republicans 47 Democrats 38 Democrats +9
Reuters/Ipsos 10/24 - 10/30 1383 LV Republicans 49 Democrats 42 Democrats +7
USA Today/Suffolk 10/18 - 10/22 1000 LV Republicans 51 Democrats 43 Democrats +8
FOX News 10/13 - 10/16 841 LV Republicans 49 Democrats 42 Democrats +7

5 pollsters missed by less than a point. 3 missed by 1-2 points. The only one who completely missed was Rasmussen who had Republicans up by 1.

Many of these states where gerrymandered so Democrats could not take control. However the suburban move from Republican to Democrat was unexpected and Trump has worsened it.

And NY and California aren't gerrymandered?

California redraws it's districts with a commission made up of private citizens. In New York, redistricting has been handled in a bipartisan manner although that could change in the next map. Voters in Missouri, Ohio and Michigan voted overwhelmingly for taking away the power to redistrict from the state legislature.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

My area of Queens is Republican, yet we get lumped in with part of the South Bronx to dilute our vote.

In 2012, a federal judge drew the maps after rejecting both parties' maps.

Rush Limbaugh does not claim the people he talks to on the phone are representative of all Americans yet you claim the women you talk to represents all American women. Figures do not lie. Women especially suburban women have supported the Democrats in larger numbers than they supported Clinton.
The raunchier Trumps gets, the more suburban women like him. :biggrin:

th

Forum List

Back