Suddenly Cheering on a 3rd Party

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Because Biden is such a formidable candidate, we need all the help we can get :auiqs.jpg:

Still, I welcome them!

As the 2024 election approaches, Democrats are worried that not only will there be a rematch between former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden but that a third-party ticket could aid a Republican victory.

In 2016 we had an excellent 3rd party candidate. And with the two main candidates being Hillary and Trump, I thought Johnson would do well. He had been a governor and turned the state budget from red to black in his first term. New Mexico had been a blue state until he won it, and then won it again. And he was a true self-made millionaire.

But he ended up getting a shade over 3% of the vote. Damn shame. He would have made a great president.

In 2016 we had an excellent 3rd party candidate. And with the two main candidates being Hillary and Trump, I thought Johnson would do well. He had been a governor and turned the state budget from red to black in his first term. New Mexico had been a blue state until he won it, and then won it again. And he was a true self-made millionaire.

But he ended up getting a shade over 3% of the vote. Damn shame. He would have made a great president.

Johnson ended up being a bit too flaky, and that Aleppo flub was pretty bad. I preferred him to Clinton and Trump, but I think Weld would have done better as the top of the ticket.

If Trump wins the nomination you can bet there will be a third (fourth?) party candidate from the right also.

Johnson ended up being a bit too flaky, and that Aleppo flub was pretty bad. I preferred him to Clinton and Trump, but I think Weld would have done better as the top of the ticket.

Yeah, he needed better PR people.

The Aleppo thing didn't bother me. I doubt most people would have known what Aleppo was. And the Gov of New Mexico isn't known for foreign affairs.

The Aleppo thing didn't bother me. I doubt most people would have known what Aleppo was. And the Gov of New Mexico isn't known for foreign affairs.

His follow up reply is where he messed up.

"There should be no reason for anyone to really care where Aleppo is. That you deem it important is only because of a corrupt government forcing the military to places it has no business being in. I'm sure there are many parents of soldiers running to a map saying "you are where"?

IMG_6622.jpeg

The dirty little secret is that Biden only has about 30% support among democrats anyway. A 3rd party wouldn't make much difference.
I know he doesn't have support. It's the cheating and the "I hate Trump crowd" that can give Mr Potato head a victory

The gov of NM might not know about it, but a potential president should have at the time, or at least should have been able to express his ignorance better.

I did like the more widely appealing version of libertarianism they were running on. It seemed more likely to make an impact.

The call for a third party is what brought this forward: which I believe could be a write in party. Because going through the ballot process is over whelming and not user friendly.

THE THIRD PARTY/WRITE IN PARTY

The Third Party will most likely be a write in which can be done under an organized umbrella ..... the most common sense guidelines will be NEVER VOTE FOR THE BIG SPENDER, NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN AND....... consider what the lions share of voters will support as we demonstrate FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY :

=== The fascist GOP is bogus, fiscally reckless and unethical to the core HOWEVER we need a democrat or a write in party candidate who is not afraid to bring up the following reckless use of tax dollars:

= No more tax cuts for the rich because they are rich.... = fair taxation

= To make up for lost tax dollar revenue losses since Reagan/Bush reinstate taxes to meet that demand = fair taxation

= Cut tax dollar subsides for corporations including professional sports teams = must stand on their own

= Close 600 of the 1,000 offshore military installations leaving 400. = still funding 1,000 offshore bases

=========================================================================

THIS MONEY COULD BE SPENT ON SINGLE PAYER HEALTH INSURANCE FOR ALL , VOTING RIGHTS ENFORCEMENT, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND ENFORCEMENT AGAINST TAX EVASION.

We push for :

Prosecuting Voter Suppression to the Maximum Extent of the law.

Eliminate the bogus Debt Fiasco to a pay as you go out of respect for the USA and World Wide Economy.

Eliminating The Electoral College

Eliminating United We Stand

Eliminating Presidential Debates because the Bogus GOP can never stay on topic

Eliminating 75% of college debt because the loan system is fraudulent

Eliminate Insider Trading on Capitol Hill

Increasing Veterans Disability Pay to minimum of a real living wage

Codify SSI plus an 10% annual increase

Codify Medicare Benefits across the board after all it is not free

Codify Women's Right To Choose

His follow up reply is where he messed up.

"There should be no reason for anyone to really care where Aleppo is. That you deem it important is only because of a corrupt government forcing the military to places it has no business being in. I'm sure there are many parents of soldiers running to a map saying "you are where"?

He was not wrong.

The call for a third party is what brought this forward: which I believe could be a write in party. Because going through the ballot process is over whelming and not user friendly.

THE THIRD PARTY/WRITE IN PARTY

The Third Party will most likely be a write in which can be done under an organized umbrella ..... the most common sense guidelines will be NEVER VOTE FOR THE BIG SPENDER, NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN AND....... consider what the lions share of voters will support as we demonstrate FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY :

=== The fascist GOP is bogus, fiscally reckless and unethical to the core HOWEVER we need a democrat or a write in party candidate who is not afraid to bring up the following reckless use of tax dollars:

= No more tax cuts for the rich because they are rich.... = fair taxation

= To make up for lost tax dollar revenue losses since Reagan/Bush reinstate taxes to meet that demand = fair taxation

= Cut tax dollar subsides for corporations including professional sports teams = must stand on their own

= Close 600 of the 1,000 offshore military installations leaving 400. = still funding 1,000 offshore bases

=========================================================================

THIS MONEY COULD BE SPENT ON SINGLE PAYER HEALTH INSURANCE FOR ALL , VOTING RIGHTS ENFORCEMENT, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND ENFORCEMENT AGAINST TAX EVASION.

We push for :

Prosecuting Voter Suppression to the Maximum Extent of the law.

Eliminate the bogus Debt Fiasco to a pay as you go out of respect for the USA and World Wide Economy.

Eliminating The Electoral College

Eliminating United We Stand

Eliminating Presidential Debates because the Bogus GOP can never stay on topic

Eliminating 75% of college debt because the loan system is fraudulent

Increasing Veterans Disability Pay to minimum of a real living wage

Codify SSI plus an 10% annual increase

Codify Medicare Benefits across the board after all it is not free

Codify Women's Right To Choose

It would most likely be a split in the GOP, either the Trump or never-Trump factions will leave and run a 3rd party. The never-Trumpers would be fiscally conservative and socially more liberal than the current GOP. That is where the country is and they might be quite popular.

Forum List

Back