Summary of Evidence Released - What It Says

Trump can fire him at any time, yet knowing that Trump WANTS the memo to be true so he can hinder the Russian investigation farther, Wray STILL said it wasn't true
Wray did not say it wasn't true in fact he signed off on it yesterday...

Lying at this point is stupid because we are all paying very good attention...

The talking point was established early on. Poison the summary as much as possible before having any idea what's in it or not. They literally can't back off that stance for even a second now.

Trump can fire him at any time, yet knowing that Trump WANTS the memo to be true so he can hinder the Russian investigation farther, Wray STILL said it wasn't true
Wray did not say it wasn't true in fact he signed off on it yesterday...

Lying at this point is stupid because we are all paying very good attention...

Wrong. He said they cherry picked items and took them out of context creating an untruth.

and if you read the three page "summary", it still says that they didn't need the dossier for the warrant because of Carter Page's ridiculously long history with the Russians

can you imagine if any of president Obama's people were being worked as Russian assets and making anti-American speeches in Moscow?

Sure can. It's not hard at all. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me much.

House Intelligence memo released: What it says

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.

BUH-BAM!

In 2016 Ohr meets with Steele, determines he is extremely biased and 'desperate for Trump not to become President'.
- Ohr tells the leadership of the FBI this information. Both the leadership of the FBI and DOJ knew this to be the case!

The FBI and DOJ then seek FISA warrants to SPY ON THE POLITICAL OPPOSITION PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AND HIS TEAM DURING A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION using the KNOWN unverified dossier provided by a KNOWN biased foreign spy ... 'desperate' to prevent Trump from becoming President ... as their basis to obtain FISA Warrants to do so.

McCabe even confirms THE FBI AND DOJ WOULD NOT HAVE SOUGHT THE FISA WARRANTS WITHOUT THE DOSSIER!

So if I hate my neighbor and know he grows pot illegally in his basement and I turn him in. The charges won't stick because I didn't like him?

They won't if you spin stories about him getting your dog to pee on your bed when he didn't.

Huh?

You made a poor comparison. I improved it for you.

From the look of things it's just going to corroborate what Conservatives have been saying all along.

The dems are fucked!!

Some points... FISA court order NEVER knew that Democrats paid for the Steele Dossier. Court didn't know who bankrolled as that was necessary for the FISA warrant to spy
on an American.

Is that relevant?

Yes.

How do you know?

Because getting such warrants on fraudulent info is a no no.

Not really. If it is true that the FISA court was mislead to believe that the dossier was a straight up surveillance document and was not given information that Steele was paid, the document had political motivations to sway an election, and that senior FBI and DOJ officials were keeping this purposely from the FISA court ?
Then this looks pretty big, and actually FBI officials are not supposed to take political sides like that. we will see though

the document had political motivations to sway an election,

How does it sway an election when it was classified, dope?

It was used to allow spying on a candidate. Now, the spying didn't turn anything up, but it was still spying.

no one spied on the candidate. why are you making up things.

you're totally confused.

So they didn't get any information on Trump about which to complain? No Russian collusion to be seen.

they werent trying to prove about which to complain collusion.

snick~

So collusion, the whole purpose for the investigation in the first place, is null and void? I think there are a lot of lefties that are going to be wiping egg of their faces for some time.

From the look of things it's just going to corroborate what Conservatives have been saying all along.

The dems are fucked!!

Some points... FISA court order NEVER knew that Democrats paid for the Steele Dossier. Court didn't know who bankrolled as that was necessary for the FISA warrant to spy
on an American.

Is that relevant?

Yes.

How do you know?

Regrettably, you have no proof the evidence offered from the dossier was fraudulent.

on an American.

Is that relevant?

Yes.

How do you know?

Regrettably, you have no proof the evidence offered from the dossier was fraudulent.

I don't have to. It is up to the accuser to prove their point. The salacious and unsupported (not my words, BTW) dossier is problematic.

I understand information about the steaming pile was withheld when it was used to justify spying. That's a problem.

I don't have to. It is up to the accuser to prove their point. The salacious and unsupported (not my words, BTW) dossier is problematic.
LOL

The accusation is that the FBI relied on fake evidence to obtain a warrant. Glad you admit the accusers of such have to prove it.

They can’t.

LOL

The accusation is that the FBI relied on fake evidence to obtain a warrant. Glad you admit the accusers of such have to prove it.

They can’t.

They don't have to. The fact that information about the steaming pile was withheld when it was presented in court is a problem. Tell you what. Since you know what all is in the pile that is factual, list it for us.

on an American.

Is that relevant?

Yes.

How do you know?

EXCEPT FOR THE WORDS OF THE AUTHOR HIMSELF!

Background and information gathering
In September 2015, the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative publication, retained the services of Fusion GPS, a private Washington D.C. political research firm, to conduct research on several primary Republican Party candidates including candidate Trump. The research was unrelated to Russia and was ended once Trump was determined to be the presidential nominee.

The firm was subsequently hired by the Hillary Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee through their shared attorney at Perkins Coie, Marc Elias. Fusion GPS then hired Christopher Steele [19] to investigate Trump's Russia-related activities.[16] According to CNN, Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee took over the financing of the inquiry into Donald Trump and produced what became known as the Trump dossier.[20]

In July 2016, Steele, on his own initiative, supplied a report he had written to an FBI agent in Rome.[21] His contact at the FBI was the same senior agent with whom he had worked when investigating the FIFA scandal.[9] By early October 2016, he had grown frustrated at the slow rate of progress by the FBI investigation, and cut off further contact with the FBI.[19]

In September 2016, Steele held a series of off the record meetings with journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo! News, The New Yorker and CNN.[4] In October 2016, Steele spoke about his discoveries to David Corn of the progressive American political magazine Mother Jones. Steele said he decided to pass his dossier to both British and American intelligence officials after concluding that the material should not just be in the hands of political opponents of Trump, but was a matter of national security for both countries.[22] Corn's resulting 31 October article was the first to publicly mention the dossier, although the article did not disclose Steele's identity.[22] The magazine did not publish the dossier itself, however, or detail its allegations, since they could not be verified.[23]

The January 18, 2018 memo by the majority (Republican) staff of the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) states that as a result of the Mother Jones article, Steele "was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines the most serious of violations--an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI"[24].

From Christopher Steele - Wikipedia

on an American.

Is that relevant?

Yes.

How do you know?

I have NO proof that you are truly one of the most ignorant person in the world do I...yet I can make that observation and no one will validate it!
The same with the dossier. It is Steele's word only.

How does it sway an election when it was classified, dope?

It was used to allow spying on a candidate. Now, the spying didn't turn anything up, but it was still spying.

no one spied on the candidate. why are you making up things.

you're totally confused.

So they didn't get any information on Trump about which to complain? No Russian collusion to be seen.

they werent trying to prove about which to complain collusion.

snick~

So collusion, the whole purpose for the investigation in the first place, is null and void? I think there are a lot of lefties that are going to be wiping egg of their faces for some time.
Collusion with the lefts and their fascist bullshit

How do you know?

LOL

They can’t.

They don't have to. The fact that information about the steaming pile was withheld when it was presented in court is a problem. Tell you what. Since you know what all is in the pile that is factual, list it for us.
The claim that it was a steaming pile remains unproven.

EXCEPT FOR THE WORDS OF THE AUTHOR HIMSELF!

Background and information gathering
In September 2015, the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative publication, retained the services of Fusion GPS, a private Washington D.C. political research firm, to conduct research on several primary Republican Party candidates including candidate Trump. The research was unrelated to Russia and was ended once Trump was determined to be the presidential nominee.

The firm was subsequently hired by the Hillary Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee through their shared attorney at Perkins Coie, Marc Elias. Fusion GPS then hired Christopher Steele [19] to investigate Trump's Russia-related activities.[16] According to CNN, Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee took over the financing of the inquiry into Donald Trump and produced what became known as the Trump dossier.[20]

In July 2016, Steele, on his own initiative, supplied a report he had written to an FBI agent in Rome.[21] His contact at the FBI was the same senior agent with whom he had worked when investigating the FIFA scandal.[9] By early October 2016, he had grown frustrated at the slow rate of progress by the FBI investigation, and cut off further contact with the FBI.[19]

In September 2016, Steele held a series of off the record meetings with journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo! News, The New Yorker and CNN.[4] In October 2016, Steele spoke about his discoveries to David Corn of the progressive American political magazine Mother Jones. Steele said he decided to pass his dossier to both British and American intelligence officials after concluding that the material should not just be in the hands of political opponents of Trump, but was a matter of national security for both countries.[22] Corn's resulting 31 October article was the first to publicly mention the dossier, although the article did not disclose Steele's identity.[22] The magazine did not publish the dossier itself, however, or detail its allegations, since they could not be verified.[23]

The January 18, 2018 memo by the majority (Republican) staff of the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) states that as a result of the Mother Jones article, Steele "was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines the most serious of violations--an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI"[24].

From Christopher Steele - Wikipedia
I can’t decide what’s funnier? That you’re posting from a wiki or that post doesn’t actually indicate the evidence presented to the FISA court was fraudulent. In fact, it doesn’t even say what evidence was presented.

giphy.gif

I have NO proof that you are truly one of the most ignorant person in the world do I...yet I can make that observation and no one will validate it!
Not, it’s not just Steele’s word. Some of it was confirmed by the FBI.

According to the committee testimony of former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe,
the information in the dossier was necessary to the probable-cause showing required to justify issuance of a FISA warrant.
That is, the warrant would not have been issued without the dossier information.
House Memo Details Use of Steele Dossier to Spy on Trump Campaign Adviser

So the FISA warrant NEEDED the dossier information to justify the warrant.

Do we agree that McCabe said that and that is valid?

Now is the dossier valid?
According to reports, the Steele dossier was first handed to FBI Director James Comey in December 2016 by Senator John McCain, who had received the memo from a contact and passed it on for verification.
Much of the information remained unverified, but the FBI took the information in the dossier seriously enough to brief members of Congress and then-president Barack Obama. In early January 2017, then president-elect Trump received a two-page summary of the report.
How was the Steele dossier used by the FBI? Nunes memo puts focus on the Trump-Russia dossier

So is the material in the dossier to be believed???

How do you know?

According to the committee testimony of former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe,
the information in the dossier was necessary to the probable-cause showing required to justify issuance of a FISA warrant.
That is, the warrant would not have been issued without the dossier information.
House Memo Details Use of Steele Dossier to Spy on Trump Campaign Adviser

So the FISA warrant NEEDED the dossier information to justify the warrant.

Do we agree that McCabe said that and that is valid?

Now is the dossier valid?
According to reports, the Steele dossier was first handed to FBI Director James Comey in December 2016 by Senator John McCain, who had received the memo from a contact and passed it on for verification.
Much of the information remained unverified, but the FBI took the information in the dossier seriously enough to brief members of Congress and then-president Barack Obama. In early January 2017, then president-elect Trump received a two-page summary of the report.
How was the Steele dossier used by the FBI? Nunes memo puts focus on the Trump-Russia dossier

So is the material in the dossier to be believed???
Congressmen who were present during McCabe’s testimony are denying McCabe said that and are calling on Republicans to release the transcript. Republicans have thus far not.

And the dossier was not the only evidence the government relied on to obtain the warrant...

And parts of the dossier have been verified.

Unfortunately for the right, Nunes did not specify exactly which parts of the dossier were provided to the FISA court so there’s no way of knowing if it was limited to the verified parts or not.

House Intelligence memo released: What it says

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.
That is tough... Figure it out. Our justice system is tough but fair. There there is no conspiracy again, conspiracy nut jobs.

Forum List

Back