Sunspot, NM WTF is happening

When I look at the lay out for this place some questions come immediately to mind. The first being where it is located! If I were to design and build a solar observation center I would want it to be as dry and high in th eatmosphere as possible. When I look at this center I see it is located in a valley. Not where I would put it! My guess is this center has other uses!
Actually, it says it's in the mountains. Did you go to its website?
I looked at google maps! There are much higher peaks in the area any civil engineer would have chose higher altitude if available. The area is not heavily populated so there is no reason an optimum site for observing space would not have been picked. I beleive this spot was picked due to it's closeness to Lake Havesu and all that water! Not needed for telescopes but well needed for uranium enrichment! Please see satalite image I have included! These three building look very similar to dry storage for spent rods!
Google Maps
Looks like you may have cracked it. Why send the FBI, though? Are they in charge of nuclear accidents these days? Or maybe someone tried to steal something?
They are the top agency for keeping peice inside our country! Send in CIA and army uniforms and our speculation goes wild! It is how I would have handdled it if one of my projects were in danger of exploding! Of course I would have been smart enough to just say it was a gas leak! No one questions a gas leak you just leave!
Asbestos and mold also make people just leave with out many questions!
That wouldn't warrant evacuating nearby homes and P.O. But a gas leak would have been a good cover. You should work for the government!

I looked at google maps! There are much higher peaks in the area any civil engineer would have chose higher altitude if available. The area is not heavily populated so there is no reason an optimum site for observing space would not have been picked. I beleive this spot was picked due to it's closeness to Lake Havesu and all that water! Not needed for telescopes but well needed for uranium enrichment! Please see satalite image I have included! These three building look very similar to dry storage for spent rods!
Google Maps
Looks like you may have cracked it. Why send the FBI, though? Are they in charge of nuclear accidents these days? Or maybe someone tried to steal something?
They are the top agency for keeping peice inside our country! Send in CIA and army uniforms and our speculation goes wild! It is how I would have handdled it if one of my projects were in danger of exploding! Of course I would have been smart enough to just say it was a gas leak! No one questions a gas leak you just leave!
That wouldn't warrant evacuating nearby homes and P.O. But a gas leak would have been a good cover. You should work for the government!
I use to! There were alot of gas leaks back in the day! I usually had our PR person in a short skirt explain what the problem was! PS there are molds that can threaten large swaths of area!

When I look at the lay out for this place some questions come immediately to mind. The first being where it is located! If I were to design and build a solar observation center I would want it to be as dry and high in th eatmosphere as possible. When I look at this center I see it is located in a valley. Not where I would put it! My guess is this center has other uses!
Google Maps

Not in NYC

Google Maps

Not in NYC
If they had a brain they would be worried about both! Most people hear asbestos,mold,or gas leak they do not ask many questions, they just want to leave!

Google Maps

Not in NYC
If they had a brain they would be worried about both! Most people hear asbestos,mold,or gas leak they do not ask many questions, they just want to leave!

I can't wait for the FBI press conference where they fully disclose exactly what happened in Sunspot NM.

1947f.jpg

Not in NYC

I can't wait for the FBI press conference where they fully disclose exactly what happened in Sunspot NM.

1947f.jpg
There are many things about that facility that makes me think classified stuff went on there! You and I will not be around when that stuff gets declassified unless ya think you will live fifty years! At my age that would be a true miriacle! If I were covering it up it would be a gas leak or unspecified threats from unknown individuals!

It being a post office it could have something to do with a package bomb or poison sent through the mail.

They mailed a package to the observatory? Yeah. Maybe.

Another theory is that the observatory captured an image of "something" and they were put in immediate lockdown before they could disseminate it.
It was a Klingon ship, they forgot to activate their cloaking device.........

The only Klingons are in your ass crack, Cappy

It being a post office it could have something to do with a package bomb or poison sent through the mail.

Another theory is that the observatory captured an image of "something" and they were put in immediate lockdown before they could disseminate it.

The only Klingons are in your ass crack, Cappy
Wow, such a command of the English language!! I bet you even made it to second grade!!!!

Perchance you could explicate upon your supposition? :dunno:

Oh wait, that's far too advanced for your level of elucidation. Oh well......

Last edited:

It's just a spot on the lens, or a weather balloon, or the planet Venus. Go back to sleep

It's just a spot on the lens, or a weather balloon, or the planet Venus. Go back to sleep
It is? Okay, if you say so. Are ya sure it's not Ra? :dunno:

Related - I think this is the town that has the sun and planets scattered around - is supposed to give a perspective on the distances in space between the planets and stuff (I put their tour on my bucket list.)

The telescope doesn't need height because it basically just takes pictures of the sun - far more important to be away from light sources than to be high up. This kind of telescope was designed to not have the dome looking bit on it - which is used to help block out light interference. As I recall this type of telescope was designed because scientists at the time were complaining about turbulence from the viewer messing up the detail of pictures. The science the telescope helps with is called spectroscopy - the interaction between matter and electromagnetic radiation. Fancy words for "hey that rainbow light splits into when shined through a prism" AND, critically, how it changes when passed through various other matter, gas, liquid, etc. so thus their stress of turbulence changing the EMR waves of their pics. This kind of data is used in a number of fields from chemistry to quantum physics, though I do believe this particular telescope was purchased/recommissioned specifically for global warming kind of stuff, how the sun effects the planets temps and the like (though I can't find a brain pic giving a when nor /if/ it actually happened, just an article where said purchase/recommission was being discussed.) The telescope itself was built in... 1964... could be 1969 (brain pic is fuzzy) so asbestos wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Though I can't say as I've ever heard of the FBI being needed to clean up asbestos. It was built by the Army CoE, and if I'm not mistaken this telescope changed hands earlier this year. Sold to that university I'd think.

My guess: Trump closed it down and the FBI needed to go get the govs. private data off the systems/collect up their computers and such.

EDIT - I just recalled these types are vacuum sealed to prevent air movement and changes in the wavelengths, maybe some shit broke. ~shrug~

Last edited:

You might want to check out "anomalies" appearing near the Sun

Thanks, now I can't see anything.

It is? Okay, if you say so. Are ya sure it's not Ra? :dunno:

Clearly an aberrant weather balloon, or a speck of dust on the satellite lens, or Venus distorted as it passed the gravity lens of a black hole 3 Billion light years away. Whatever it is, it's clearly NOT an anomalous object in close proximity to the Sun, because we all know that humans are the most powerful, most advanced civilization that every existed and since we can't do that, it MUST be a speck of duck on the camera lens

UFO-Sun-737818.jpg

Are aliens draining our solar energy? Images of monster UFOs circling Sun emerge

Even the local station is on lock down. This used to be a free country, right?

Related - I think this is the town that has the sun and planets scattered around - is supposed to give a perspective on the distances in space between the planets and stuff (I put their tour on my bucket list.)

The telescope doesn't need height because it basically just takes pictures of the sun - far more important to be away from light sources than to be high up. This kind of telescope was designed to not have the dome looking bit on it - which is used to help block out light interference. As I recall this type of telescope was designed because scientists at the time were complaining about turbulence from the viewer messing up the detail of pictures. The science the telescope helps with is called spectroscopy - the interaction between matter and electromagnetic radiation. Fancy words for "hey that rainbow light splits into when shined through a prism" AND, critically, how it changes when passed through various other matter, gas, liquid, etc. so thus their stress of turbulence changing the EMR waves of their pics. This kind of data is used in a number of fields from chemistry to quantum physics, though I do believe this particular telescope was purchased/recommissioned specifically for global warming kind of stuff, how the sun effects the planets temps and the like (though I can't find a brain pic giving a when nor /if/ it actually happened, just an article where said purchase/recommission was being discussed.) The telescope itself was built in... 1964... could be 1969 (brain pic is fuzzy) so asbestos wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Though I can't say as I've ever heard of the FBI being needed to clean up asbestos. It was built by the Army CoE, and if I'm not mistaken this telescope changed hands earlier this year. Sold to that university I'd think.

My guess: Trump closed it down and the FBI needed to go get the govs. private data off the systems/collect up their computers and such.

EDIT - I just recalled these types are vacuum sealed to prevent air movement and changes in the wavelengths, maybe some shit broke. ~shrug~
Good information. Why would the government be keeping it a secret if they were pulling out? If they don't want to share the equipment with the university, I can understand that, but why all the secrecy?

Interesting - Can't find any new news on this. Seems wrong not to have informed the locals.
But if I lived within 20 miles of there - I'd GTFO

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Interesting - Can't find any new news on this. Seems wrong not to have informed the locals.
But if I lived within 20 miles of there - I'd GTFO

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

The press is not covering this?

Damn, must be true then.

Forum List

Back