Sunspot, NM WTF is happening

The solar observatory and post office in Sunspot NM are closed for "security reasons" Locals are being kept in the dark.

Must be another weather balloon crash

The FBI is investigating? Dafuq

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'
They’re getting ready to finally unleash the real Operation Jade Helm

Obama, Hillary's and their Deep State have been planning this from an underground Bunker. Tunnels connecting abandoned Walmarts clear - Let the gun grabbing and deprogramming of Nutbars COMMENCE! :cool:

a05a6cc2f164d63c56ed022f16ce1e1d--tunnels-walmart.jpg

It being a post office it could have something to do with a package bomb or poison sent through the mail.

They mailed a package to the observatory? Yeah. Maybe.

Another theory is that the observatory captured an image of "something" and they were put in immediate lockdown before they could disseminate it.
It was a Klingon ship, they forgot to activate their cloaking device.........
It's just a spot on the lens, or a weather balloon, or the planet Venus. Go back to sleep
It is? Okay, if you say so. Are ya sure it's not Ra? :dunno:

Clearly an aberrant weather balloon, or a speck of dust on the satellite lens, or Venus distorted as it passed the gravity lens of a black hole 3 Billion light years away. Whatever it is, it's clearly NOT an anomalous object in close proximity to the Sun, because we all know that humans are the most powerful, most advanced civilization that every existed and since we can't do that, it MUST be a speck of duck on the camera lens

UFO-Sun-737818.jpg

Are aliens draining our solar energy? Images of monster UFOs circling Sun emerge

If I'm not mistaken that there is a radio spectroscopy picture of the sun. The "UFO" there is most likely just a light particle racing out - the tracer would be because light travels so fast that even our most advanced [aka fastest] imaging techniques have difficulty catching light itself in a stationary position, plus ya know when imaging the entire sun it's gonna have more than one particle coming out right? It could also be a time lapse image though, which they'd use to determine the speed of said light particle's escape from the sun (like how we know it's 7 minutes for light from the sun to hit earth kind of stuff.) They like measure that kind of stuff to determine the different speeds at which various particles move, so it could also just be a different "spectrum" that's moving "slower" than the other particles (aka the "UFO" dots) in the pic and creating the tracer path.

Last edited:
From a poster on another website, "The post office is attached to a house. Its the only privately owned building up there, the rest are owned by the people who own the telescope, and then given out to the employees and family. There are permanent homes, as well as trailers. There is also a workshop, and a few community buildings, as well as a small museum/visitor center. The way that property works there since its the National Forest is the buildings are owned, but the land it is on, is not. So if you were told to leave the area by the National Forest people, you'd have to take the buildings with you. I'm sure they have some sort of deal with the National Forest to have the telescope, since its literally built into the mountain. I do know that the house is owned by the people who run the post office.

The land was originally used by the military, and I do want to point out that there is an old landing strip not far from Sunspot, I used to hike to it regularly.

I'm really not sure to be honest with you. Its very weird. As someone who used to live there. Its an extremely small town with a population that is probably well under 40 people now. Most of the employees left to move to a new telescope when this one traded hands to NMSU with funding from the NSF. It was originally going to shut down entirely until they stepped in. The only people who were going to be left in Sunspot would be the Apache Point employees. Which is a nighttime observatory a little over a mile from Sunspot."

Last edited:
It being a post office it could have something to do with a package bomb or poison sent through the mail.

Another theory is that the observatory captured an image of "something" and they were put in immediate lockdown before they could disseminate it.
It's just a spot on the lens, or a weather balloon, or the planet Venus. Go back to sleep

Clearly an aberrant weather balloon, or a speck of dust on the satellite lens, or Venus distorted as it passed the gravity lens of a black hole 3 Billion light years away. Whatever it is, it's clearly NOT an anomalous object in close proximity to the Sun, because we all know that humans are the most powerful, most advanced civilization that every existed and since we can't do that, it MUST be a speck of duck on the camera lens

UFO-Sun-737818.jpg

Are aliens draining our solar energy? Images of monster UFOs circling Sun emerge
If you say so....... Of course you do realize you sound like one of those alien conspiracy nutjobs when you "think" you are being questioned........ :eusa_whistle:

If they closed the post office, then, some dolt likely mailed something questionable to the observatory. that scared them.

The solar observatory and post office in Sunspot NM are closed for "security reasons" Locals are being kept in the dark.

Must be another weather balloon crash

The FBI is investigating? Dafuq

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'
Well if they closed it, it must be because of aliens. :cuckoo:

I didn't say that.
Oh, it sounded like you were suggesting it was aliens. If that isnt what you meant, go ahead and explain what you think it is.

It's just beyond weird that the FBI steps in to lock down an obscure solar observatory in the middle of nowhere NM

The whole story sound totally screwy and weird doesn't it.

Has Alex Jones weighed in? :cool-45:

Related - I think this is the town that has the sun and planets scattered around - is supposed to give a perspective on the distances in space between the planets and stuff (I put their tour on my bucket list.)

The telescope doesn't need height because it basically just takes pictures of the sun - far more important to be away from light sources than to be high up. This kind of telescope was designed to not have the dome looking bit on it - which is used to help block out light interference. As I recall this type of telescope was designed because scientists at the time were complaining about turbulence from the viewer messing up the detail of pictures. The science the telescope helps with is called spectroscopy - the interaction between matter and electromagnetic radiation. Fancy words for "hey that rainbow light splits into when shined through a prism" AND, critically, how it changes when passed through various other matter, gas, liquid, etc. so thus their stress of turbulence changing the EMR waves of their pics. This kind of data is used in a number of fields from chemistry to quantum physics, though I do believe this particular telescope was purchased/recommissioned specifically for global warming kind of stuff, how the sun effects the planets temps and the like (though I can't find a brain pic giving a when nor /if/ it actually happened, just an article where said purchase/recommission was being discussed.) The telescope itself was built in... 1964... could be 1969 (brain pic is fuzzy) so asbestos wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Though I can't say as I've ever heard of the FBI being needed to clean up asbestos. It was built by the Army CoE, and if I'm not mistaken this telescope changed hands earlier this year. Sold to that university I'd think.

My guess: Trump closed it down and the FBI needed to go get the govs. private data off the systems/collect up their computers and such.

EDIT - I just recalled these types are vacuum sealed to prevent air movement and changes in the wavelengths, maybe some shit broke. ~shrug~
Good information. Why would the government be keeping it a secret if they were pulling out? If they don't want to share the equipment with the university, I can understand that, but why all the secrecy?

I don't think they are keeping it a secret, like I heard about it and I'm no one special...

I googled and found this on the NSO site (took for damned ever to load FYI) - Legacy Telescopes - NSO - National Solar Observatory - That first one there is the Dunn Solar Telescope. I'll paste the article cause the website blows (leave it to the gov to fuck up something as easy as a basic web page):

Sacramento Peak, Sunspot, New Mexico
NSO operations: 1969 – 2018

For more than half a century this location, high above Alamogordo, NM, has been known for its excellent daytime sky quality, both in terms of transparency and seeing.

The Richard B. Dunn Solar Telescope (DST) was once the finest instrument of its kind in the world. Managed by NSO for almost half a century, its 0.2 arc-seconds resolution unveiled a multitude of secrets surrounding the complex magnetic fields that dominate the solar atmosphere. Equipped with a wide range of excellent instrumentation, such as the Universal Birefringent Filter and Echelle Spectrograph, the DST has also served as the test bed for the ongoing development of the next generation of solar instrumentation. This new instrumentation includes adaptive optics systems that will greatly reduce the effects of seeing on the solar image.

The DST specializes in solar high resolution imaging and spectroscopy. These observations allow solar astronomers worldwide to obtain a better understanding of the sun. The Dunn was inaugurated as the world’s premier high spatial resolution optical solar telescope in 1969. While larger telescopes have since been developed, the Dunn continues to be one of the most versatile, user-friendly setups in the world. It has two high-order adaptive optics benches to compensate for blurring by Earth’s atmosphere, and a 40-foot-wide observing platform hosting an array of instruments. Scientists and engineers use the Dunn to investigate a range of solar activities, often in concert with satellites, and to develop new technologies for the 4-meter Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope.

DST Today
Sunspot Solar Observatory Consortium now runs the Sunspot Visitors Center and Dunn Solar Telescope, in collaboration with NSO. The Dunn Solar Telescope a one-of-a-kind solar telescope that produces some of the sharpest images of the Sun available in the world. The visitors center is open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through the summer months. For more information about the Dunn Solar Telescope, visit www.sunspot.solar.

---

So it's in "collaboration" with the university. Articles that came up in my search say there was a "safety" issue, I breezed through a bunch of the local shit.

I'm changing what I think is going on firmly to "something broke" and the FBI cats are in there with the Army CoE to fix whatever broke.

You can find some video tours of the place in action on YouTube, mildly interesting stuff if you like computer screens :p

UFO-Sun-737818.jpg

If you say so....... Of course you do realize you sound like one of those alien conspiracy nutjobs when you "think" you are being questioned........ :eusa_whistle:

I've been aware, literally for decades now, that believing my own eyes and thoughts earns me various titles: nut job, conspiracy theorist, etc, right out of the CIA Handbook. Because we all know the government is the sole power in the Universe

From another website, "The post office is attached to a house. Its the only privately owned building up there, the rest are owned by the people who own the telescope, and then given out to the employees and family. There are permanent homes, as well as trailers. There is also a workshop, and a few community buildings, as well as a small museum/visitor center. The way that property works there since its the National Forest is the buildings are owned, but the land it is on, is not. So if you were told to leave the area by the National Forest people, you'd have to take the buildings with you. I'm sure they have some sort of deal with the National Forest to have the telescope, since its literally built into the mountain. I do know that the house is owned by the people who run the post office.

The land was originally used by the military, and I do want to point out that there is an old landing strip not far from Sunspot, I used to hike to it regularly.

I'm really not sure to be honest with you. Its very weird. As someone who used to live there. Its an extremely small town with a population that is probably well under 40 people now. Most of the employees left to move to a new telescope when this one traded hands to NMSU with funding from the NSF. It was originally going to shut down entirely until they stepped in. The only people who were going to be left in Sunspot would be the Apache Point employees. Which is a nighttime observatory a little over a mile from Sunspot."
Gotta ask since you lived in the area! Have you been on Havesu on memorial day week end? When I was a young man I went a couple of times! Big freaking party better than spring break!!

From another website, "The post office is attached to a house. Its the only privately owned building up there, the rest are owned by the people who own the telescope, and then given out to the employees and family. There are permanent homes, as well as trailers. There is also a workshop, and a few community buildings, as well as a small museum/visitor center. The way that property works there since its the National Forest is the buildings are owned, but the land it is on, is not. So if you were told to leave the area by the National Forest people, you'd have to take the buildings with you. I'm sure they have some sort of deal with the National Forest to have the telescope, since its literally built into the mountain. I do know that the house is owned by the people who run the post office.

It wasn't really the "military's" per say, I mean it was used by NASA until now, it was built by Army CoE and like they kinda controlled it for a bit simply because NASA [as we know it today, ie space "study"] wasn't exactly a thing at the time. This shit was built from a time before space study was even a thing, it's like legacy "hey can we get a guy on the moon" era facilities for our first foray's into considering/studying space at all.

Yeah all the gov worker peeps moved to the "replacement" telescope in... Hawaii I believe.

Last edited:

UFO-Sun-737818.jpg

I've been aware, literally for decades now, that believing my own eyes and thoughts earns me various titles: nut job, conspiracy theorist, etc, right out of the CIA Handbook. Because we all know the government is the sole power in the Universe
I've been aware, literally for decades now, that when not knowing what something is the human mind attempts to categorize it with what each individual thinks is the most probable answer to that individual. Basically you have no clue as to what this is and neither do I. I'm also aware the the "eyes can deceive......." There's more than enough data supporting that.

Gotta ask since you lived in the area! Have you been on Havesu on memorial day week end? When I was a young man I went a couple of times! Big freaking party better than spring break!!

No, it's from a poster at another website. I never lived there

No, it's from a poster at another website. I never lived there
Sorry my bad! Also sorry you never got to experience it! It is still there if ya want to put ity on your bucket list!

Forum List

Back