Sunspot, NM WTF is happening

"They" are hiding the build up to a more devastating Carrington event.

Solar storm of 1859 - Wikipedia

The electrical grid hasn't been upgraded nor has there been much effort to place protections in place in case of a Carrington like event or an EMP attack. It should give us all pause for thought and have a plan should an event like that happen.
Big ass candles, gas, and batteries. Worst comes to worst I know how to snare squirrels and stuff like that, my dad didn't raise a total fool lol.

The electrical grid hasn't been upgraded nor has there been much effort to place protections in place in case of a Carrington like event or an EMP attack. It should give us all pause for thought and have a plan should an event like that happen.
Big ass candles, gas, and batteries lol. Worst comes to worst I know how to snare squirrels and stuff like that, my dad didn't raise a total fool lol.

Snare?
Fuck that!!! Ya screw some rat traps on Oak or any other nut bearing tree and you can fill a freezer. Or your belly since freezers wont be working.

Big ass candles, gas, and batteries lol. Worst comes to worst I know how to snare squirrels and stuff like that, my dad didn't raise a total fool lol.

Snare?
Fuck that!!! Ya screw some rat traps on Oak or any other nut bearing tree and you can fill a freezer. Or your belly since freezers wont be working.
Lots of strategies to use your surroundings to your advantage if you have to, including the poor squirrels lol.

Snare?
Lots of strategies to use your surroundings to your advantage if you have to, including the poor squirrels lol.

Shiiiit....I eat squirrels now!!! Chicken fried with white gravy!!!!

The issue may be related to Mercury (the metal, not the planet). On a tip from a science journalist friend who covers telescopes and who has been there, I verified the observatory uses a vat of liquid mercury as a float bearing for the giant solar telescope. According to an internal NSO/NMSU document, that bearing is “high-risk” during maintenance. If there was a major mercury spill, it might explain why the Feds are there, with FBI providing security. The amount of Mercury is said to be in the “tens of gallons” range, which is next to impossible to come by in the commercial market these days, and if it were weaponized, it would make a very nasty dirty bomb. Perhaps there’s some security issue with the mercury on-site.

The mysterious and sudden closure of the National Solar Observatory in New Mexico is sending alien hunters into a frenzy as the facility remains shut without explanation. The research institute in Sunspot was evacuated last Thursday along with a nearby United States Postal Service office for unexplained ‘security reasons.’

A spokesperson for the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) which manages the observatory said the evacuation was a precautionary measure due to a security issue. “It was our decision to evacuate the facility,”spokeswoman Shari Lifson added....

(Excerpt) Read more at wattsupwiththat.com ...

The issue may be related to Mercury (the metal, not the planet). On a tip from a science journalist friend who covers telescopes and who has been there, I verified the observatory uses a vat of liquid mercury as a float bearing for the giant solar telescope. According to an internal NSO/NMSU document, that bearing is “high-risk” during maintenance. If there was a major mercury spill, it might explain why the Feds are there, with FBI providing security. The amount of Mercury is said to be in the “tens of gallons” range, which is next to impossible to come by in the commercial market these days, and if it were weaponized, it would make a very nasty dirty bomb. Perhaps there’s some security issue with the mercury on-site.

The mysterious and sudden closure of the National Solar Observatory in New Mexico is sending alien hunters into a frenzy as the facility remains shut without explanation. The research institute in Sunspot was evacuated last Thursday along with a nearby United States Postal Service office for unexplained ‘security reasons.’

A spokesperson for the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) which manages the observatory said the evacuation was a precautionary measure due to a security issue. “It was our decision to evacuate the facility,”spokeswoman Shari Lifson added....

(Excerpt) Read more at wattsupwiththat.com ...

I'd think there would have been reports of hazmat activity.

Snare?

If there is no power for a long time and you are desperate for food squirrel chili slow cooked on the wood stove would probably be one of the better concoctions you eat lol.

Snare?

If there is no power for a long time and you are desperate for food squirrel chili slow cooked on the wood stove would probably be one of the better concoctions you eat lol.

Assuming you had all the seasoning for chili.
Hell,even coming up with salt,pepper and flour for a simple chicken fried squirrel would be hard to come by.
Living on the Gulf coast in southeast Texas the only thing I couldnt find would be pepper.

Forum List

Back