Super Bowl XLIX Predictions

What many are leaving out of the equation this year is that Belichick is a defensive genius unlike John Fox. Bill Parcells never won a SuperBowl without Belichick by his side. I trust in Belichick (yes, I did say trust) to devise a defensive game plan to checkmate the Hawks. I'm banking on a lack of depth in Seattles offense to beat a Belichick defense.
They key is to stop the run and make Wilson pass. How many interceptions did Wilson throw against GB?

Green Bay had less to do with the number of interceptions than the weather conditions and luck. Not that Wilson doesn't take full responsibility for his errors. He does. One thing that has been a constant with Russell is that he has never had a habit of repeating bad games. Only one of the INTs was a truly poorly thrown ball and that one ..the ball intercepted in the end zone, was a miss communication between Kearse and Wilson as to where the receiver was supposed to be. Two of the INTs were right in Kearse's hands and skipped off into GB defender's hands. Both of those balls should have been caught. But to answer your question... 4.

Don't expect New England to be so lucky.

The 5th turnover was Doug Baldwin's fumble on a KO return. He wasn't very experienced in that part of the game and failed to protect the ball in the rainy conditions. He won't be returning Kicks in AZ. There won't be any rain or wind for this game.

THAT is the reason why Green Bay had so many scoring opportunities in the NFC Championship game. It wasn't because as many idiots think that GB was mopping the field with the Seahawks. What was MORE remarkable was that GB had to walk away with 9 instead of 21 points. That point is rarely brought up.

When a team is GIVEN that many opportunities to score starting in the red zone I for one was shocked how little GB made of their luck. It, that game, mostly showed how strong the Hawks were to overcome that much self inflicted adversity.

What many are leaving out of the equation this year is that Belichick is a defensive genius unlike John Fox. Bill Parcells never won a SuperBowl without Belichick by his side. I trust in Belichick (yes, I did say trust) to devise a defensive game plan to checkmate the Hawks. I'm banking on a lack of depth in Seattles offense to beat a Belichick defense.
They key is to stop the run and make Wilson pass. How many interceptions did Wilson throw against GB?

poor example since three of them were not his fault.the rain was a big factor causing the ball to bounce of kearses hands.your forgetting that rogers had trouble throwing the football as well throwing two interceptions since it affected him as well.

NE's run defense is not that good either,they may stop him in the first half but by the second,they will wear down as beastmode always wears down defenses that are stronger than the pats.

Kearse and Baldwin are mediocre at best.
no argument there but as I said,the pats run defense is not that good as was exposed in the ravens game.the pats were able to come back being down by two touchdowns twice cause the ravens had an injury riddled secondary.the hawks aren't completely healthy but they don't have any great receivers either,their best weapon is gronk.they wont have the homecrowd behind them this time.

as I have said before,i believe this game will be what everyone wanted to see last year,a close game like the first giants/pats game with the seahawks winning by a field goal.

baldwin and kearse may not be big time receivers like dez bryant or calvin johnson but they make clutch catchs when the game is on the line.this is the second year in a row where kearse came up big late in the game in the NFC title game.

Last edited:

poor example since three of them were not his fault.the rain was a big factor causing the ball to bounce of kearses hands.your forgetting that rogers had trouble throwing the football as well throwing two interceptions since it affected him as well.

NE's run defense is not that good either,they may stop him in the first half but by the second,they will wear down as beastmode always wears down defenses that are stronger than the pats.

It's going to hurt all the more to lose to them won't it?

Yer getting ahead of yerself Hugs talking about 3-peats and all.......

yes,first get your hawks to win this sunday THEN we can all start talking repeat.

I'm very confident of a win on Sunday. I really don't think it will be close either. Maybe not as bad an ass kicking as was handed out to the Broncos but more like it than not.

I'm very confident of a win on Sunday. I really don't think it will be close either. Maybe not as bad an ass kicking as was handed out to the Broncos but more like it than not.

I think the Hawks peaked just before the end of the season. Just plain lucky to slide by a hobbled Aaron Rodgers.....on the down elevator. Turnovers and a host of penalties will cost you a 2-peat.

I think the Hawks peaked just before the end of the season. Just plain lucky to slide by a hobbled Aaron Rodgers.....on the down elevator. Turnovers and a host of penalties will cost you a 2-peat.

I don't agree. The last 3 1/2 minutes against the Packers was some of the best Seahawk's football I've ever seen. If the Patriots are counting on weather related turnovers like happened in Seattle they are fools. Weather won 't be a factor.

CNBC said if you can find a ticket it will cost you 8200 dollars. 8200 dollars. The most expensive ticket by far for any sporting event in history. I wonder how much I could rent my sky box for?

I heard a box sections seating 29 can be purchased for about 289K dollars which include food, drink and entertainment. And if you have time a football game.

New England by at least 10 points..

There you have it.

Recriminations to follow in this thread if I am wrong. Everyone enjoy the commercials....heh

It really is fun to see Seattle fans try to convince themselves that it wasn't luck that the Hawks are in the SB.
It's also fun to see them try to convince themselves that Belicheck and Brady aren't the greatest coach and QB in the game.

Under-estimating the opposition makes it that much harder to eat crow.

Wow..these comment sound just like Denver fans did last year before the Super Bowl...the greatest quarterback to ever play the game with a NFL record 55 touchdown passes and a NFL record 5400+ passing yardage and you know what Manning did in the Super Bowl don't you? I think a lot of Denver fans were eating crow if that was the bird of choice.

Wait.... I think Green Bay fans were say their head coach and quarterback were the greatest....I bet that is kind of up setting to New England fans.

But lets settle down a little bit, okay? No where has anyone I have ever seen claimed Wilson or Carroll was anywhere near the 'greatest'.

Now for a reality check...Seattle beat several very good teams with very good defenses in winning the last 11 out of 12 games be it luck or what ever while New England was losing to a not so great team in the Buffalo Bills.

The fact is Wilson and Seattle is 10-0 against the better quarterbacks in the NFL today, including Brady.

You should really stop making the comment about the Bills if you want to be taken seriously. That game was after the Pats had already locked up the #1 seed and it was basically their JV squad going up against what was actually a very solid Buffalo defense. It was no surprise that they lost.

As far as Wilson's record against top QBs, it's honestly very impressive. However, keep in mind the following:

1. Over the course of his career, there is not a single team in the NFL that Brady has a losing record to.

2. Brady holds the NFL records for most playoff wins, touchdown passes, and yards passing.

3. Brady's 20 career playoff wins are more than 21 current NFL FRANCHISES.

And most is ancient history.

Well Seattle was 3rd in the NFL for the fewest turnovers this year at 14. New England was tied for 1st with Green Bay at 13. In the NFC Championship Seattle and Green Bay combined for what....7 or 8 turnovers? That was all rain, man. It won't be raining in this game. I don't see an extreme amount of turnovers on either side....maybe one each. Penalties....just depends. Seattle is the most penalized in the NFL and Seattle's opponents have been the least penalized. Just depends on how they are called, when they are called....I would sure hate to see penalties decide this game. I don't think either fan base wants that

I don't agree. The last 3 1/2 minutes against the Packers was some of the best Seahawk's football I've ever seen. If the Patriots are counting on weather related turnovers like happened in Seattle they are fools. Weather won 't be a factor.

Packers shut their defense down and were only concerned with watching the clock. Once you shut your defense down, it is hard to turn it on again

As fast as the Pats score, by the second half Seattle will have to abandon the run game altogether

Green Bay had less to do with the number of interceptions than the weather conditions and luck. Not that Wilson doesn't take full responsibility for his errors. He does. One thing that has been a constant with Russell is that he has never had a habit of repeating bad games. Only one of the INTs was a truly poorly thrown ball and that one ..the ball intercepted in the end zone, was a miss communication between Kearse and Wilson as to where the receiver was supposed to be. Two of the INTs were right in Kearse's hands and skipped off into GB defender's hands. Both of those balls should have been caught. But to answer your question... 4.

Don't expect New England to be so lucky.

The 5th turnover was Doug Baldwin's fumble on a KO return. He wasn't very experienced in that part of the game and failed to protect the ball in the rainy conditions. He won't be returning Kicks in AZ. There won't be any rain or wind for this game.

THAT is the reason why Green Bay had so many scoring opportunities in the NFC Championship game. It wasn't because as many idiots think that GB was mopping the field with the Seahawks. What was MORE remarkable was that GB had to walk away with 9 instead of 21 points. That point is rarely brought up.

When a team is GIVEN that many opportunities to score starting in the red zone I for one was shocked how little GB made of their luck. It, that game, mostly showed how strong the Hawks were to overcome that much self inflicted adversity.
BWAH HA HA! You insinuate that GB was lucky...BWAH HA HA!

Really?
During the 2014 playoffs...
......................... .
Rank Rec Target Yds

3 Julian Edelman, WR NE 17 25 172

4 Jermaine Kearse, WR SEA 4 9 164

6 Doug Baldwin, WR SEA 9 13 144

7 Rob Gronkowski, TE NE 10 21 136

-Top two receivers for NE gained 308 yds during the 2014 playoffs

-Top two receivers for SEA gained 308 yds during the 2014 playoffs

As fast as the Pats score, by the second half Seattle will have to abandon the run game altogether

Heard that last year. Heard that against Philadelphia this year. Heard that against Denver in week three. Heard that against Green Bay in week one. Heard that in the NFC Championship...did Seattle abandon the run? Nope.

CNBC said if you can find a ticket it will cost you 8200 dollars. 8200 dollars. The most expensive ticket by far for any sporting event in history. I wonder how much I could rent my sky box for?

I heard a box sections seating 29 can be purchased for about 289K dollars which include food, drink and entertainment. And if you have time a football game.

Unless hookers and blow is also provided........it's a ripoff.

Unless hookers and blow is also provided........it's a ripoff.
Hmm I wonder if Vegas has an over/under prop bet available for the numbers of players that get busted for hookers and blow before kickoff. :lol: As long as he is from the Patriots I'm fine with it. :D

Forum List

Back