"Superfast" Battery Offers 400 Km Driving Range From 10 Minutes Charge

WHEN are you ultra conservatives finally going to realize that change requires scaling up, which comes with economic adversity.
and WHEN are you finally going to stop your denials about how humans pumped *a lot* of extra CO2 and methane (which is 20x more heat trapping than CO2) into the air since the start of the industrial age?

Scaling up?
How many solar panels do we need to provide enough power after sunset?

Kia reported six incidents of melting components, none of which resulted in fires or injuries.

And the evidence of any issues with the vehicles in the OP?

I have as of yet understood why people are so upset at new and emerging technology.

I have as of yet understood why people are so upset at new and emerging technology.

Based on issues with fast charging existing batteries.

I don't think people are upset about this battery, just realistic.
People wouldn't be upset about most of this "green" tech, if it weren't for
government mandates and trillions in government spending.

Based on issues with fast charging existing batteries.

There are very few issues.

I don't think people are upset about this battery, just realistic.
People wouldn't be upset about most of this "green" tech, if it weren't for
government mandates and trillions in government spending.

There are very few government mandates and no one bitched when Yellow trucking got $700 million which they then squandered. (I've not seen trillions in spending)

I hate to burst the EV hype with a little, simple physics... but EVERY battery has the capacity to be "super fast charging" if you

A) Run enough current into it and

B) Can dissipate the heat generated by resistance to the higher current to prevent the battery from total destruction.

If you can accomplish this, halving the charge time results in a four-fold increase in required current (voltage remaining constant)

WHEN are you ultra conservatives finally going to realize that change requires scaling up, which comes with economic adversity.
and WHEN are you finally going to stop your denials about how humans pumped *a lot* of extra CO2 and methane (which is 20x more heat trapping than CO2) into the air since the start of the industrial age?

The “market” will dictate when something is worth buying.

CO2 traps heat? How much heat per what amount CO2? we can’t live w/o CO2, correct? we do the best we can. Our air, and water is clean. Much cleaner air than LA of the 70s. We have to live. Only the USA is penalized on the GW theory?

These advances will continue, but the climate change denialists, whose default setting is to hate electric vehicles, will continue to hold out. But as the past few years has shown, climate change keeps getting worse, while battery technology improves.

And the dinosaurs look up and shriek, stuck in tar and unable to move, promising to never change. They'll be largely extinct sometime in the future.
I doubt anybody hates electric vehicles. And if technology advances to make them more practical for more people great.

What we do hate is the government's intention that EVs are all we are going to be allowed to have even though they ignore the environmental downsides that do exist and cannot show ANY evidence that driving EVs makes any difference whatsoever in climate change. And they don't have a clue what this may do to our power grid.

There are very few government mandates and no one bitched when Yellow trucking got $700 million which they then squandered. (I've not seen trillions in spending)

Are they, "Shortening the life of a very expensive battery" and "starting a very expensive fire"?

There are very few government mandates

That's hilarious! California isn't mandating no new ICE car sales or carbon neutrality?

Picture a 90lb woman in 6” pumps jerking around a 6GA cord in 30 below weather trying to find the trap door to plug in as she is almost out of charge coming home from picking up the kid at daycare. Defense rests//

Are they, "Shortening the life of a very expensive battery" and "starting a very expensive fire"?

ICE engines don't last forever either.

As technology advances, prices come down.

We bought a 4k television 7-8 years ago. $1000. Same television can be bought for $400 today.

There are very few government mandates

That's hilarious! California isn't mandating no new ICE car sales or carbon neutrality?

California is one state of out 50 and as I have noted, it's not going to happen either.

As technology advances, prices come down.

We bought a 4k television 7-8 years ago. $1000. Same television can be bought for $400 today.

California is one state of out 50 and as I have noted, it's not going to happen either.

Quickly refueling them doesn't reduce their useful life.

California is one state of out 50

And they have dozens (hundreds? more?) of green mandates.
So do many other states.

Quickly refueling them doesn't reduce their useful life.

Again, technology marches on. What is being done today was only a dream 10 years ago.

California is one state of out 50

And they have dozens (hundreds? more?) of green mandates.
So do many other states.

Generalizations without nothing to actually reply to.

Again, technology marches on. What is being done today was only a dream 10 years ago.

Again, technology marches on.

That works better without government mandates and trillions in subsidies distorting markets.

Very few mandates. LOL!

They never demanded a stop in manufacture of singl—pane glass windows. They never came to your 109yr old home and demanded you pull out the old ones. The market (utility cost) made double-pane attractive. New builds put them in as a feature.

Last edited:
Of course it is and has.

LiPoFe chemical batteries, besides being expensive and toxic, are decades old tech that has reached the physical limits of their capabilities .

Electric motors and motor controllers used in current EVs are inefficient and haven't gotten appreciably better for the last 50 years.

Forum List

Back