"Superfast" Battery Offers 400 Km Driving Range From 10 Minutes Charge

GAS ENGINES ARE NOT RANGE EXTENDERS IN THE NORMAL HYBRID.
I didn't say that, idiot, I said that they kick in to boost acceleration so that the ICE portion only deals with constant speeds which does extend the range of the EV! That is the whole point. An ICE engine can be made to be within its ideal torque operating range (RPM) all of the time regardless of speed; that is the point to the gearbox and transmission. Not so with an EV.

You’re illiterate in physics.
Really? I have a Masters in the field and worked in electric and electronics and communications for a good portion of my life. In fact, I'm sure you've likely benefited directly from some of the things I helped pioneer.

You obviously know NOTHING about physics.
I just choose not to own hybrids and EVs.

You are totally incorrect about hybrids. The electric motors provide power where gas engines are LEAST efficient….they don’t replace them bozo. They provide torque for acceleration and hills and become generators going done hill to replenish the battery….in steady rate highway travel at higher speeds, where gas engines are most efficient, they provide the majority of the power…..They aren’t RANGE EXTENDERS, unless it’s a plug in hybrid…
Whatever, it is still all the same thing, same isea. Basically, a hybrid is an eggbeater with a battery assist to give it some oomph.

Blow it out your ass. Gas cars, if they catch fire, do so because of a gas spill or a freak hose leak onto hot exhaust or a collision or some correctable issue usually, whereas EVs catch fire for no foreseeable or correctable reason, and burn hot and can't be put out and incinerate, like this Tesla who was being towed for a mere flat tire, caught on fire for no reason, then continued to burn for 16 hours reigniting despite firefighters repeatedly thinking they had put it out.

Brand new car, gets a flat tire warning. Takes a fire crew thousands of gallons of water and 16 hours later, the owner is left with this:

View attachment 817062View attachment 817063

What people don't realize with a battery that can charge enough to power a car 150-200 miles in just 10 minutes is that it still takes the same amount of energy as an EV battery that takes 4-8 hours to charge, you are simply dumping a much higher current into a battery that has far lower internal resistance--- ie, acts like a dead short with capacity. And a battery that can absorb so much energy in 10 minutes will be capable of RELEASING far more energy far more quickly as well, so you are in effect sitting on a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time, over a simple collision or some small internal defect.

And while the "quick fill" alleviates the obvious, immediate problem of an EV, you still can't find working charging stations hardly anywhere even in California, you are still left carrying energy produced elsewhere and storing it instead of producing it as you drive yourself directly like a gas car, and you are still left with the enormous cost of the cars, the environment impact of strip mining all of these precious metals using mostly slave labor in 3rd world countries and the massive expense of replacing the batteries ever 9-10 years.
What a bozo. Your made up shit means nothing. You have no idea what you are talking about. The rate of catching fire in an ice engine far exceeds that of an EV dufus. 25 per 100,000 is far smaller than 1500 per 100,00. Are you an idiot or what ?

Unless you were in the service of public access employment like doctors and nurses, no one coreced you to get vaccinated
LIAR-S.jpg

Blow it out your ass. Gas cars, if they catch fire, do so because of a gas spill or a freak hose leak onto hot exhaust or a collision or some correctable issue usually, whereas EVs catch fire for no foreseeable or correctable reason, and burn hot and can't be put out and incinerate, like this Tesla who was being towed for a mere flat tire, caught on fire for no reason, then continued to burn for 16 hours reigniting despite firefighters repeatedly thinking they had put it out.

Brand new car, gets a flat tire warning. Takes a fire crew thousands of gallons of water and 16 hours later, the owner is left with this:

View attachment 817062View attachment 817063

What people don't realize with a battery that can charge enough to power a car 150-200 miles in just 10 minutes is that it still takes the same amount of energy as an EV battery that takes 4-8 hours to charge, you are simply dumping a much higher current into a battery that has far lower internal resistance--- ie, acts like a dead short with capacity. And a battery that can absorb so much energy in 10 minutes will be capable of RELEASING far more energy far more quickly as well, so you are in effect sitting on a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time, over a simple collision or some small internal defect.

And while the "quick fill" alleviates the obvious, immediate problem of an EV, you still can't find working charging stations hardly anywhere even in California, you are still left carrying energy produced elsewhere and storing it instead of producing it as you drive yourself directly like a gas car, and you are still left with the enormous cost of the cars, the environment impact of strip mining all of these precious metals using mostly slave labor in 3rd world countries and the massive expense of replacing the batteries ever 9-10 years.
All bullshit .
25 is smaller than 1500 dumbo.

When ICE cars are banned anyone who does not want to buy an EV is free to walk or ride a bicycle
They are banned already and for obvious reasons idiot. Try a subway. Try manufacturing plants. Anywhere enclosed environments where ICE pollution exists, they are mitigated or BANNED. Breathing their fukin* fumes kills in enclosed environments and pollutes everywhere bubba.

What a fool you are. We’ve been dealing with polution from ice engines for decades that you derelict mutants can’t even remember.

What a bozo.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsecureservercdn.net%2F45.40.152.98%2F152.00f.myftpupload.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F07%2Fbozo-768x849.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=968da6ed196ffe84ed4f4fc21610bd3d1fb9e8db311b56fe11187546da0dbcdc&ipo=images

Meanwhile, those very few EVs on the road are burning up left and right even as I've driven ICE cars for half a century with nary a concern ever for a fire. And I used to drive cars that I had to be out pouring Moroso Octane booster into the tanks to raise the octane up high enough just to get the engine to shut off. EVs are death traps in the making.

What a bozo. Your made up shit means nothing. You have no idea what you are talking about. The rate of catching fire in an ice engine far exceeds that of an EV dufus. 25 per 100,000 is far smaller than 1500 per 100,00. Are you an idiot or what ?

We’ve all seen your posts here and there.. Without link? Your BS is often deep and wide. Probably from CNN? You’re a cut and paste GW cult member. Whereas TooBFreak has a Masters and probably worked decades in the electronics field.

Formula 1 race cars are hybrids. The difference is that they use the energy from braking to charge the battery. That is not practical in a regular car.

its done in EV's and Hybrids now.

The power from the battery is not used to extend their fuel economy but to increase horsepower for passing. It adds about 160 horsepower.

Which is all new technology.

The first electric car was built around 1900. So, for 130 years we have been "improving" the electric car and the battery. Compared with hundreds or thousands of other things, we haven't gotten very far.

Nobody was serious about it most of that time.

Odds are a Gas car or Electric bicycle will not spontaneously burst into flames in your garage or on the charger in you APT.

Gas car fires are often due to human error or an accident.

Last edited:
I didn't say that, idiot, I said that they kick in to boost acceleration so that the ICE portion only deals with constant speeds which does extend the range of the EV! That is the whole point. An ICE engine can be made to be within its ideal torque operating range (RPM) all of the time regardless of speed; that is the point to the gearbox and transmission. Not so with an EV.

Really? I have a Masters in the field

Obviously the field isn‘t anything related engineering or science.
and worked in electric and electronics and communications for a good portion of my life.
You’re way out in the field. Communication ? With whom ?
In fact, I'm sure you've likely benefited directly from some of the things I helped pioneer.

I just choose not to own hybrids and EVs.
That’s hilarious. YOU ALREADY DO DRIVE A HYBRID and you don’t even know it. Except for the drive motor , name one system in your car that isn’t directly activated, manipulated or managed by an electric motor or solenoid.
You are driving a car now just one step away from being an official EV.
Whatever, it is still all the same thing, same isea. Basically, a hybrid is an eggbeater with a battery assist to give it some oomph.
Really ? They decrease pollution dramatically. The electric motor is untouched by ICE engines in efficiency.

That’s ignorant. They can blow up at anytime that doesn’t require an accident. Like EVs, it’s all about maintenance. You obviously know little about Ice engines.

Please feel free to present a video of an ICE spontaneously catching fire.

The only time that ever happened was when idiot leftists mandated MTBE be added to the gasoline which attacked the existing fuel systems and destroyed them.

That led to quite a few carbeques, but after that was figured out, no more fires.

its done in EV's and Hybrids now.

Which is all new technology.

Nobody was serious about it most of that time.
Exactly. The only reasons why the gas car caught in was the fossil fuel distribution infrastructure and the STARTER MOTOR. The EV was done in by an electric motor. Who’d have thought ?

Please feel free to present a video of an ICE spontaneously catching fire.

The only time that ever happened was when idiot leftists mandated MTBE be added to the gasoline which attacked the existing fuel systems and destroyed them.

That led to quite a few carbeques, but after that was figured out, no more fires.
Feel free to repeat…25 in smaller than 1500.

Forum List

Back