Supply Chain Stalled Because 72,000 Truckers Failed Strict Drug Tests

My PROPER life choices do not negatively affect the lives of those who choose to do it. The IMPROPER choices of those who choose to use it DO negatively impact me.
How is your weight? Fat, unhealthy people drive up insurance costs.

It creates an altered mental state, which may inhibit one’s ability to make proper decisions. That inability negatively affects all of society.
I understand why you do not want any of it around you but if we are going to talk about negative effects on society lets be realistic about a lot of other shit first. For instance; why are farmers abusing chemicals in our food supply and chemical companies not held accountable for putting chemicals into our food supply? It should be illegal to desiccate food crops before harvest because grains do not get washed off prior to being processed. Why are crops being allowed that have chemicals grown into those food stuff we eat? Why are chemical companies allowed to sell sprays like benzalkonium used in food packaging companies as any amount of it causes lung damage (asthma). We could go on and on about the ills of all these commerce venues being shoved out onto the public that are inhibiting proper growth of young people and sickening all which affects cognitive functions also.

A dire truck driver shortage that’s wreaking havoc on the US economy is getting worse — and it’s being fueled partly by tough federal drug-testing restrictions that were imposed nationwide last year, industry officials told The Post.

More than 72,000 truck drivers have been taken off US roads since January 2020 because they have failed drug tests that are now required by the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse, a 22-month-old registry established to increase safety on US highways, according to government data.

they take speed.

This dude has to be trolling. You can't seriously be for alcohol prohibition. Are you a time traveler or something?

he has held this position for the whole time I have been on the forum. He is basically against everything

A dire truck driver shortage that’s wreaking havoc on the US economy is getting worse — and it’s being fueled partly by tough federal drug-testing restrictions that were imposed nationwide last year, industry officials told The Post.

More than 72,000 truck drivers have been taken off US roads since January 2020 because they have failed drug tests that are now required by the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse, a 22-month-old registry established to increase safety on US highways, according to government data.

Wait a minute FJB said the supply chain stalled because of COVID...

There are some professions where you really need to make sure that those in them are not impaired. You do not want anyone operating a dangerous piece of machinery who has been using drugs that might impact his ability to operate that machinery in a safe manner.

I would have to say that if you want to do drugs, then being a truck driver is not the right profession for you. I had similar thoughts, back when I was a forklift operator, that this is not a profession for anyone who wants to do drugs.

Let the druggies take jobs where their drug-induced impairment doesn't put their safety, and that of other people, at risk.

As usual, that is an oversimplification of the problem. People being paid not to work and job migration are bigger contributors to the massive trucker shortage.

Forum List

Back