Supply Chain Stalled Because 72,000 Truckers Failed Strict Drug Tests

A dire truck driver shortage that’s wreaking havoc on the US economy is getting worse — and it’s being fueled partly by tough federal drug-testing restrictions that were imposed nationwide last year, industry officials told The Post.

More than 72,000 truck drivers have been taken off US roads since January 2020 because they have failed drug tests that are now required by the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse, a 22-month-old registry established to increase safety on US highways, according to government data.

They have always had to pass drug tests, as long a CDL has been in effect.

I suppose if you do pot and your job will be drug testing you, you should probably be aware of how long it stays in your system.

Personally I believe that using pot should be treated like alcohol. I don't care for using either; at one point in my younger days I'd drink maybe once or twice a year but was always reminded the next day why drinking sucked and that memory would stay with me for a long time. Pot never appealed to me but I do know people who have used it on a regular basis and I am grateful it never appealed to me.

Both alcohol and pot do create damages but again those come down to personal choices adults should be aware of and make concerning use.

I am doing it in this very thread and you have not heard me do it! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
You aren't really. You're probably a supporter of legalized pot, but have no problem with all the other rediculous regulations placed on truck drivers. Like 30 minute breaks, 34 hour re-starts and all that other goofy shit the FMCSA has come up with.

I don’t. Nor do I allow it anywhere in my periphery that I have control over. That includes my home, my vehicles, my property, etc…

Good for you, I would never ask you to do anything else. I would ask that you allow others to the same on their choices

You aren't really. You're probably a supporter of legalized pot, but have no problem with all the other rediculous regulations placed on truck drivers. Like 30 minute breaks, 34 hour re-starts and all that other goofy shit the FMCSA has come up with.

I just listed another stupid rule for CDLs a few post up. Do you even bother to read what people post?

Good for you, I would never ask you to do anything else. I would ask that you allow others to the same on their choices
Of course not. He's a liberty-loving conservative that wants to put you behind bars for smoking a plant in your own home.

It depends. Not for a random drug screen, but for a post accident drug screen they're effectively banned for life because no insurance company will invite the driver.
The article implies that 72,000 drivers have been removed and are now missing from the workforce and I suspect thats not the true situation

It creates an altered mental state, which may inhibit one’s ability to make proper decisions. That inability negatively affects all of society.
how long is it in someone's system? Why are demofks trying to get it legal countrywide?

wow, he merely asked why you had the position you stated. Feeling boxed in?
A little bit, yeah. Especially when lunatics from the left and right want an authoritarian government that jails people for smoking a plant.

A dire truck driver shortage that’s wreaking havoc on the US economy is getting worse — and it’s being fueled partly by tough federal drug-testing restrictions that were imposed nationwide last year, industry officials told The Post.

More than 72,000 truck drivers have been taken off US roads since January 2020 because they have failed drug tests that are now required by the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse, a 22-month-old registry established to increase safety on US highways, according to government data.

It did not start just last year. For four years now those have been eating up truckers and Captains. Want to captain a boat get your license pee in a cup working the day the test results come back. Been that way for at least four years

The article implies that 72,000 drivers have been removed and are now missing from the workforce and I suspect thats not the true situation
I think it's possible. The quality of the average truck driver has deteriorated over the years, so having more potheads isn't unbelievable.

The thing is, even if you fail a random and don't get outright fired, it'll be 90 days before you can drive again. Who can take 3 months off work? Those guys typically find another line of work and never go back to driving.

Personally, if someone isn't disciplined enough to stay clean, they they have no business driving a truck.

Rancid journalism ...

72,000 drivers sounds like a lot of people, but I checked ... that's in a total of 8 million jobs ... or less than 1% ... that's NOT the problem with the supply chain ...

The RED FLAG here for FAKE NEWS is the NY Post's claim that "drivers make $70,000 to six figures" ... horsefeathers ... driving log truck around here is minimum wage or a little better ... BLS gives the medium salary for heavy truck drivers at $46k/yr and for delivery truck drivers at $32k/yr ... okay, a little above minimum wage, but significantly less than uneducated construction workers ... plus construction workers go home every afternoon ... get weekends offs ...

Yes ... the industry is in deep trouble ... primarily due to low pay ... just bound to attract the potheads ...

ETA: Also construction workers have a ten foot cyclone fence with barbed wire atop between themselves and the general public ...

Last edited:
My PROPER life choices do not negatively affect the lives of those who choose to do it. The IMPROPER choices of those who choose to use it DO negatively impact me.

Forum List

Back