🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Support the fast food workers

When was that law passed?

What law was passed that says that job IS supposed to be worth a living wage? You can't be serious in asking that question. Laws by congress don't determine what any particular job pays. The economic law of supply and demand is what determines the value of any particular job and is why a job at McDonalds only pays $8.25/hr.

It is not about a law. It is about the moral obligation to uphold the reason for the founding of this great country. It is the doctrine of equality.:eusa_angel:

There is no moral obligation that says an employer is responsible for providing for your basic neccessities. Such an obligation would actually be immoral to obligate someone else that which you are able to do for yourself. To render such an obligation also would require someone else to earn enough to live on through their own effort plus enough to supply you with the same. It's a scenario that logistically just can't work.

As to the reason of the founding of the country, what reason are you referring to exactly? Equality certainly isn't it. Equal OPPORTUNTIY perhaps all men being created equal, but that is different than equal outcomes and the country was not founded on the idea that everyone will achieve, whether earned or given, the same outcomes.

That was passed, when, exactly?

And if you are talking about a concept, labor doesn't factor into that?

Interesting.

:lol:
Labor is a commodity...As such it is subject to the laws of supply and demand.

Again with the contempt.

Show me one other commodity that needs to feed a family and pay rent.

There aren't any. What's your point? As I've explained before you are setting up a paradox if you insist that it is the obligation of your employer to provide at least enough for you to live on. It is immoral and unfair.

The paradox is someone else has to earn enough for themselves plus his/her employees to provide to others that which you claim they are entitled to. If you are entitled to enough to live on that should have been given to you and not something they should have had to work for.

It is immoral because it is wrong to obligate someone else to your responsiblity to provide for yourself especially when you are capable of doing so on your own and said obligation would require someone to earn through their own effort and more than which you claim you are owed through little or no effort of your own.

It is unfair because it would require paying workers different wages for the same work not based on any difference in their merit or value in the skills they provide, (in theory someone doing a worse job than someone else with the same job could actually make more), but because their living expenses dictate such.

Last edited:
Nancy Salgado makes $8.25 an hour working at a McDonald's in Chicago.

There are two reasons I believe she should work harder and stop moaning:
She decided to apply for the job, knowing what the salary was.
I know plenty of people who make that per week, not per hour.

Basically, she (and her greedy mates) want all the cash but don't want to take any risks to get it.
There are about 20 million people that'll be happy to take her job if she gets the sack as she deserves.

I work in the financial industry. I've also owned my own business.

By the way, free market capitalism is a liberal invention.

Conservative "contribution" to it has been consolidation and monopoly. In addition to Corporatism.

This is not something conservatives really like.

Conservative = Bad

Liberal = Good

Sallow Partisanship = Consistant

Union workers.

Public workers.

And now fast food workers.

Who's next on the conservatives' worker hate list?

The reality of what will happen is that the unions will force technology on these fast food places and push them to automation. This will end millions of jobs. Since the jobs in fast food require more technical skill, the people administering the mechanical functions will be higher paying. There will just be way fewer of them.

I remember the automat. Horn and Hardart had automats all over in the 50s. They were like vending machines for food. You put in your money, the window opens and you take your food out.

Unions are going to put the fast food worker out on the unemployment line.

The Fast-Food Restaurants That Require Few Human Workers : All Tech Considered : NPR

I SUPPORT the fast food workers.

This is why I oppose the fantasy bullshit spewed in the idiotic OP.

The workers should have a right to work.

If the free market (including the efforts of unions) doesn't get the workers an hourly wage they find acceptable, they can strike. Or, they can quite and obtain a better paying job elsewhere if they are qualified for it and willing to work that hard.

Otherwise, stfu.

The "service" you are providing is giving me a rather expensive "fast" meal. You guys tend the register, cook the burgers and fries. Pass it over the counter and clean the joint. Perfectly fine work, to be sure. But work that's "worth" $15.00/hour?

Get the fuck outta here. The property on which the burger joints exist cost money and you guys aren't the ones paying the mortgage or rent. The utilities aren't free, either, boys and girls and ladies and gentlemen. And you guys aren't writing those checks out of your own collected wealth. The cows and potatoes and cooking oil cost plenty too. You aren't growing the taters, raising the cows or producing the corn oil nor are you guys paying for any of that stuff.

Who is paying for all of the above, your salaries, taxes and a whole lot more? The owners.

And you think you are "entitled" to a greater percentage of the rewards for THEIR efforts and their labors and a greater share of the rewards of their expenditure (risk) of capital? Why? How so?

I have a news flash for all you all: The day of the relatively cheap fast food lunch is soon to be seen in historical archives only. You are already starting to price yourselves OUT of the market. Wanna hasten that? Demand and get $15.00/hour for YOUR comparatively meager contribution to the bottom lines of Mickey D and King Burger.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Union workers.

Public workers.

Not seeing any hate in any of the cases. Explain how you see hate. Just because a person sees something different as you doesn't mean hate on either side. It means a disagreement. Attaching an emotion to. A point of view is a sign that people are not mature enough to deal with facts.

Union workers.

Public workers.

Don't hate the burger flippers, but if they think their labors are worth $15 an hour they're nuts.

Can't fault them for trying.

One can certainly fault the way they're trying. As has been noted by many others one way to 'try' is to add more value to the company making you worth paying more, or 'try' gaining a skill that warrants more pay. These people are demanding nearly twice what they currently make for no more effort on their own part. They simply have no evidence to support the notion they are worth what they'r asking. So yes, in this case I certainly can fault them for trying.

Many people in high-end jobs refuse to "better themselves" (whatever that means). Do you look down on them as well?
Better themselves = make themselves more marketable so they can earn more money with their value as a human resource instead of by holding a sign saying it ain't fair.

Better themselves = being able to pay the bills and feed the kids without whining to Nanny Government about how "unfair" life is.

Forum List

Back