Supported by Scripture, who's in Hell?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Using Scripture where you can show 'if you did this, you'd be sent to Hell' who's in Hell right now? Not, who is going, should go, but of those who've already died, who's being ripped apart and boiling in lava or whatever you 'good people' imagine.

Using Scripture where you can show 'if you did this, you'd be sent to Hell' who's in Hell right now? Not, who is going, should go, but of those who've already died, who's being ripped apart and boiling in lava or whatever you 'good people' imagine.

I don't think scripture is very clear about this. In the evangelical Christian tradition there is a clear cut answer but I challenge that answer to be unbiblical.

I don't think scripture is very clear about this. In the evangelical Christian tradition there is a clear cut answer but I challenge that answer to be unbiblical.

I don't think it is either. But some Christians like to 'save your soul from hell' so figured they'd have na idea who's already there. :)

I don't think it is either. But some Christians like to 'save your soul from hell' so figured they'd have na idea who's already there. :)

Apparently all the people who were born before D L Moody invented the sinners prayer in the late 1800's are burning in hell.

Apparently all the people who were born before D L Moody invented the sinners prayer in the late 1800's are burning in hell.

Never heard of him. Something wrong with Jesus saying go recite the Lord's Prayer? Wasn't good enough was it? :)

Evangelicals believe that God is required to give them salvation from hell if they say some magic words and have a sincere spirit. If God has to cave to the demands of a broken hearted individual then he fails to meet the criteria of God.

You go to hell if you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He said "no one gets to the Father but by Me" so, I take that to mean it's Jesus or nothing. He died for our sins, and, if you don't accept that free gift of salvation, you die. I'm sure if I gave it more time I could make a stronger case, but, that's it for now.

Never heard of him. Something wrong with Jesus saying go recite the Lord's Prayer? Wasn't good enough was it? :)

It is called the A B C's in the evangelical world. A - admit to God that you are a sinner. B - Believe that Jesus gave his life for you. C - Confess to Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

Abc's is symbolic of the simplicity of the whole thing.

Once you take these easy steps then Jesus will wash away all of your sins which not only protects you from God's wrath and punishment. The blood of Jesus also allows you to commune with God directly through prayer. Before your magic prayer you were repulsive and disgusting in the eyes of God because of your sins. Now that Christ has forgiven you then you have become a friend of God.

Christ will change you from the inside out. Anyone can be saved.
HE will do the rest! You just have to mean it! and Want it!

It is called the A B C's in the evangelical world. A - admit to God that you are a sinner. B - Believe that Jesus gave his life for you. C - Confess to Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

Once you take these easy steps then Jesus will wash away all of your sins which not only protects you from God's wrath and punishment. The blood of Jesus also allows you to commune with God directly through prayer. Before your magic prayer you were repulsive and disgusting in the eyes of God because of your sins. Now that Christ has forgiven you then you have become a friend of God.

And it says to do those 3 things where?

You go to hell if you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He said "no one gets to the Father but by Me" so, I take that to mean it's Jesus or nothing. He died for our sins, and, if you don't accept that free gift of salvation, you die. I'm sure if I gave it more time I could make a stronger case, but, that's it for now.

This theology was developed in the late 1800's. Calvinist theology says that God is sovereign and not required to do anything.

This theology was developed in the late 1800's.

Ah. :)

It's something churches use for children to help them understand salvation. It's not in the Bible exactly like that... sheesh!

It's something churches use for children to help them understand salvation. It's not in the Bible exactly like that... sheesh!

But if people are telling others they're going to go to hell unless they do this and that, they must know what gets you sent to hell right? So where's it reveal all that seemingly very important to know info?

Are all the disciples' ancestors in hell? Is Mary and Joseph? Did they ever do those things? Is Jesus himself? Did his 'sacrifice' save himself as well or just everyone else?

I was raised up in a Baptist Church my whole life. I am a closet atheist that is still actively involved in a medium sized Southern Baptist Church. People really do believe this is the way to heaven and the way to avoid hell. It isn't just a joke that we tell children like Santa Clause. People genuinely believe this.

Forum List

Back