Supreme Court: 2nd amendment applies to states as well

The gov't did not set the agenda in the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, Iraq, South Africa, etc etc. In all cases the people set the agenda.
I am sorry that big corporations scare you. Maybe you need drugs?

1) Sure they did...:cuckoo:
2) Corporations do not scare me in the slightest. People who bow and scrape to them do...because they can vote....

The corporatists and libertarians are fools. Where there is no rightful order, there is only carnality, libertinianism, and massive disorder. We elect our representatives to make laws in accordance with the national charter, the Constitution, which is interpreted by the federal courts. If those who cannot support free government cannot reform, then they and their doctrines must be exposed for what they are: the enemy of freedom.

Why should I resent them because they get paid to do a job? I will admit that they did a pretty bad job, but that does not remove their right to get paid. If the government starts telling people how much they are allowed to be paid for their services, where does it end? With everyone working for the government?

I absolutely agree they deserved to get paid for their job. Where does it end? When they do a BAD job.....

The Government has no authority nor should it, to void contracts for private business. If a company makes a bad contract they still have to pay it. That is law and that is not something the Government has any business mettling in.

This decision has flushed out the hypocritical righties, has it not? They are statists.

You need one of these. They keep you from looking silly:

Merriam-Webster_dictionary.jpg

No I don't. I just don't want corporations to set the agenda, because they have proven over and over again, greed is their friend. Ask BP....or any Wall St investment bank that hit the wall...
What happens when government sets the agenda? Cuba. Venezuela. China. The USSR. NAZI Germany.

History is against you.

FDR in WWII? JFK in October 1962? Your comments are easily dismissed as are you.

Sure, by an idiot.

All the whining and diverting by the gun grabbers does not change the fact that we now have the Supreme Court telling the Federal, State and Local Governments the 2nd Amendment applies across the board. The People have a protected right to own, possess , maintain and bear arms.

Cry all you want, you lose the people win.

All the whining and diverting by the gun grabbers does not change the fact that we now have the Supreme Court telling the Federal, State and Local Governments the 2nd Amendment applies across the board. The People have a protected right to own, possess , maintain and bear arms.

I don't see much argument...it is consistent with the DC decision

Who doesn't believe in free speech? I do.
Leftists don't.
Gun ownership is a cultural thing. I come from a culture where guns are no prevelent, nor is the subject even an issue...
In this culture, guns are prevalent. Deal with it.

Oh, so you don't believe in govt's being held accountable for their actions? Nor should the people they represent (YOU and ME, NOT corporations) be left out of the loop. I thought you were for freedom? Aren't you running late to go and bow before your corporate master?
So, you didn't lose any freedoms, huh? Thought so.

Say, aren't you running late to go and bow before Big Brother?

The meltdown was not the result of unfettered capitalism, it was the result of regulated capitalism. If I can apply the same logic you seem to be applying, we should abandon regulation because it obviously failed.

Maybe i was a bit too heavy on the rhetoric. How do you feel about some of these CEOs and directors of finance companies that almost went bust (and almost took your economy with it) getting million $$ bonuses? Does that sit well with you? If so, why? If not, what can be done about it, as the current US admin tries to put regulations in place to stop these people doing it all over again just so they can have a house in the Hamptons, or get that $10 million Lear jet?

Why should I resent them because they get paid to do a job? I will admit that they did a pretty bad job, but that does not remove their right to get paid. If the government starts telling people how much they are allowed to be paid for their services, where does it end? With everyone working for the government?

And the Government has no business in it at all except to say that it should encourage commerce...Government was NEVER meant to controll it in the degree that they are now. It's counter productive, and WHY we find ourselves in this giant mess.

They created it.

No I don't. I just don't want corporations to set the agenda, because they have proven over and over again, greed is their friend. Ask BP....or any Wall St investment bank that hit the wall...
What happens when government sets the agenda? Cuba. Venezuela. China. The USSR. NAZI Germany.

History is against you.

Huh? The govt sets the agenda in every country in the world. Why did you cherry pick?
I gave examples of where government has too much control. Freedom suffers and people are oppressed. Kindly don't do that to my country.

And I can say with great glee that there are Several City and State Governments with UnConstitutional LAW on their books.

They had better expedite Repeal post haste before THEY are Sued.

New York City? You listening?

Last edited:
The corporatists and libertarians are fools. Where there is no rightful order, there is only carnality, libertinianism, and massive disorder. We elect our representatives to make laws in accordance with the national charter, the Constitution, which is interpreted by the federal courts. If those who cannot support free government cannot reform, then they and their doctrines must be exposed for what they are: the enemy of freedom.
In summary:

Greater greater control of individual lives = more freedom.

That sounds familiar...hmmmm...

Oh, yeah!

And I can say with great glee that there are Several City and State Governments with UnConstitutional LAW on their books.

:clap2:

Actually, suing is the only recourse...

The victory is the incorporation, but it only affects places like D.C. or Chicago...

Morton Grove already changed the laws.

NYC allows premises permits, at this time, just time consuming.

The suits will question restrictions on carry permits, as the Constitution says 'bear arms,' and the degree of restrictions.

Incremental. Incremental...

Last edited:
Leftists don't.

Leftists I know do....

Oh, it doesn't affect me one iota. But surely the pros and cons of such an agenda are worthy of discussion, no?

Actually, I don't know because I don't know what was discussed in the meeting.
As I have stated many times before, I live in a country that IMO has more freedoms than yours....shrug...

Leftists don't.

Leftists I know do....

Oh, it doesn't affect me one iota. But surely the pros and cons of such an agenda are worthy of discussion, no?

Actually, I don't know because I don't know what was discussed in the meeting.
As I have stated many times before, I live in a country that IMO has more freedoms than yours....shrug...
Just curious...what country is that?

Just curious...what country is that?

1) I am originally from NZ, but came to Aussie three years ago after my wife got a job offer she couldn't refuse.
2) I found NZ's political system more transparent and 'free' than Australia's
3) I have found Australia's political system more transparent than America's
4) BTW, I am talking the realities, NOT what your constitution or BoR actually states, but how it is applied in real life. This goes for NZ and Oz's statutes, too...

Forum List

Back