Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be an idiot. I was trying to convey to you how fucking ridiculous and lazy it is.

Not lazy at all. The belief you'll be attacked by ravenous undead is just as silly as being attacked by your neighbors because the economy got a little worse.

Then I ask again: Why the cheap sensationalism?

I’m not. For two reasons: 1) It’s not what the case is about. 2) They’ll never be able to prove.

The case is about whether or not marketing was a factor in Adam’s using the Remington to kill.

Sure it was. If they hadn't preyed on Nancy's brand of batshittery, that weapon never would have been in the house for him to use.

Nancy didn’t kill anyone. Nancy only had an enthusiasm for shooting guns. Adam is the one who had the enthusiasm for mass killings, as evidenced by his computer files. You know, the things you said did not exist.

Since Nancy is the one who purchased the guns but did not kill anyone and Adam suffered from depression and was planning a mass killing anyway and pretty much for that reason (not due to his fragile male ego), the case doesn’t have much to go on.

Moron..the civilian model, the AR-15 is just that, a civilian model not used by the military, you doofus.....it is not military grade as you just pointed out you dumb ass.

But this is where you are confused. The ORIGINAL AR-15 was fully automatic and designed FOR THE MILITARY. The military called it an M16.

Then they marketed a civilian version they called the AR-15 that has a slight modification to keep it from firing full auto that anyone reasonably competent can foil.

Military grade weapon sold to civilians... that's all kinds of fucked up.

Because it gets the point across...

Nancy didn’t kill anyone. Nancy only had an enthusiasm for shooting guns. Adam is the one who had the enthusiasm for mass killings, as evidenced by his computer files. You know, the things you said did not exist.

You mean the magic files that came off a destroyed computer... whatever. Point was. she raised a monster and unleashed it on the world. It's why we call the Monster Frankenstein but the Mad Doctor is the villain.

Oh, wait, this is one of those "Cheap sensationalism" that gets your panties in a wad.

Since Nancy is the one who purchased the guns but did not kill anyone and Adam suffered from depression and was planning a mass killing anyway and pretty much for that reason (not due to his fragile male ego), the case doesn’t have much to go on.

Again, you go with that argument.

I'll go with - she was a crazy person who raised a crazy kid, taught him how to shoot, told him that guns are a way to solve the worlds problems, and stockpiled the house with enough weapons to fight off the Zombie Apocalypse, and you got exactly the result you should have expected.

And Remington decided, "Yeah, this person is our key customers."

Moron..the civilian model, the AR-15 is just that, a civilian model not used by the military, you doofus.....it is not military grade as you just pointed out you dumb ass.

But this is where you are confused. The ORIGINAL AR-15 was fully automatic and designed FOR THE MILITARY. The military called it an M16.

Then they marketed a civilian version they called the AR-15 that has a slight modification to keep it from firing full auto that anyone reasonably competent can foil.

Military grade weapon sold to civilians... that's all kinds of fucked up.

Yes.....the civilian model the AR-15 has never been used by the military, you doofus.

The bolt action deer hunting rifle is an actual military weapon, in actual use by the U.S. military.

The pump action shotgun is an actual military weapon, in actual use by the U.S. military.

The deer hunting rifle and pump action shotgun are actual military grade weapons...the AR-15 is not.

To who, other simple-minded people like yourself who are not even aware that data had been retrieved from the computer?

You mean the magic files that came off a destroyed computer... whatever.

What would be the purpose in lying about something like that?

Point was. she raised a monster and unleashed it on the world. It's why we call the Monster Frankenstein but the Mad Doctor is the villain.

First he was a retard and now he’s a monster.

Oh, wait, this is one of those "Cheap sensationalism" that gets your panties in a wad.

I’m not the one resorting to sensationalism and ludicrous exaggerations so it appears you are the one with his panties with his panties in a wad.

Your panties are in a wad because the truth of the case does not fit neatly into your narrative and is a little more complicated than you’re willing to admit.

The truth is that a mother, who just happened to be a gun enthusiast, was dealing with a very difficult and stressful situation at home trying to raise a child with an emotional disorder the best way she knew how. She had no way of knowing or suspecting her son was capable of, let alone planning, a mass shooting.

Twenty children were mercilessly slaughtered and everyone agrees it was tragic. But that is not enough for people like you. You shamelessly use their deaths as a tool to advance an agenda and you dishonor their memories by ascribing untruths, inaccuracies and puerile exaggerations to their killings. Their deaths were quite tragic enough without your childish references to retards, monsters and zombies. Dipshit.

I'll go with - she was a crazy person who raised a crazy kid,

That’s not what you said before. Before you said he was a retard. If you’re going to sensationalize, at least be consistent.

taught him how to shoot, told him that guns are a way to solve the worlds problems,

You don’t know that. You don’t know anything other than she taught him to shoot.

and stockpiled the house with enough weapons to fight off the Zombie Apocalypse, and you got exactly the result you should have expected.

Uh huh. You expected them not to get anything off the computer. But they did.

You thought her “booty call” sent Adam over the edge. But it didn’t.

You thought the neighbors said she was nuts. But they didn’t.

You thought Phillips was with a veterans group. But he wasn’t.

You thought Sandmann approached Phillips. But he didn’t.

Sure they did.

To who, other simple-minded people like yourself who are not even aware that data had been retrieved from the computer?

Point was. she raised a monster and unleashed it on the world. It's why we call the Monster Frankenstein but the Mad Doctor is the villain.

I’m not the one resorting to sensationalism and ludicrous exaggerations so it appears you are the one with his panties with his panties in a wad.

Your panties are in a wad because the truth of the case does not fit neatly into your narrative and is a little more complicated than you’re willing to admit.

The truth is that a mother, who just happened to be a gun enthusiast, was dealing with a very difficult and stressful situation at home trying to raise a child with an emotional disorder the best way she knew how. She had no way of knowing or suspecting her son was capable of, let alone planning, a mass shooting.

Twenty children were mercilessly slaughtered and everyone agrees it was tragic. But that is not enough for people like you. You shamelessly use their deaths as a tool to advance an agenda and you dishonor their memories by ascribing untruths, inaccuracies and puerile exaggerations to their killings. Their deaths were quite tragic enough without your childish references to retards, monsters and zombies. Dipshit.

That’s not what you said before. Before you said he was a retard. If you’re going to sensationalize, at least be consistent.

taught him how to shoot, told him that guns are a way to solve the worlds problems,

You don’t know that. You don’t know anything other than she taught him to shoot.

and stockpiled the house with enough weapons to fight off the Zombie Apocalypse, and you got exactly the result you should have expected.

Sure they did.

The big thing here too......she was a single mother.....there was no father in this kids life.....so she had to deal with all of it on her own, and he was allowed to completely go off the rails without two parents watching over him.

The big thing here too......she was a single mother.....there was no father in this kids life.....so she had to deal with all of it on her own, and he was allowed to completely go off the rails without two parents watching over him.

I hadn't thought of that, but one has to wonder how much of a factor that is. As Politically-Incorrect as it is to acknowledge this fact, it is undeniable that being raised without a father, or without a mother, is heavily correlated with adverse life outcomes. Not every fatherless boy grows up to be a criminal, of course, but one has to wonder if having a father in his life might have prevented this tragic outcome.

Sure they did.

I’ve told him this before but of course in his eyes she’s batshit crazy and she always will be.

I hadn't thought of that, but one has to wonder how much of a factor that is. As Politically-Incorrect as it is to acknowledge this fact, it is undeniable that being raised without a father, or without a mother, is heavily correlated with adverse life outcomes. Not every fatherless boy grows up to be a criminal, of course, but one has to wonder if having a father in his life might have prevented this tragic outcome.

Look at the majority of mass public shooters....fatherless homes......or fathers who were violent and abusive, the Virginia Tech shooter fits that one.........when you are a single mother trying to raise a difficult male child, you have a much tougher fight.....

It ain't complicated at all.

The Gun industry marketed to the worst kind of people.

Tragedy ensued.

Um... no. Here's the thing. In a society where we DON'T LET CRAZY PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, it doesn't matter if he goes off the rails or not. I mean, yeah, maybe he'd have shown up with a baseball bat or something, but they'd have been able to easily overpower him.

NOpe. Growing up in a house with no guns in it would have prevented this tragedy.

It ain't complicated at all.

As I said: More complicated than you’re willing to admit.

The Gun industry marketed to the worst kind of people.

Tragedy ensued.

No. They didn’t market to the worst kind, the worst kind used their product to kill. That’s it.

The worst mass killing in modern history was committed with a truck with a body count over four times that of Sandy Hook. Yet no one suggests that marketing was a factor.

You’re a hypocrite and you’re full of shit because everyone here knows what this is really about for you.

Um... no. Here's the thing. In a society where we DON'T LET CRAZY PEOPLE HAVE GUNS, it doesn't matter if he goes off the rails or not. I mean, yeah, maybe he'd have shown up with a baseball bat or something, but they'd have been able to easily overpower him.

He wasn’t crazy, he had Asperger’s and suffered depression.

NOpe. Growing up in a house with no guns in it would have prevented this tragedy.

It didn’t stop the Columbine shooting. None of the weapons used by Harris and Klebold came from their homes or otherwise belonged to their parents or families. They were all purchased by legal-age friends from gun shows.

Once again; more complicated than you’re willing to admit.

The truth doesn’t dovetail neatly with your narrative so it keeps you running in circles making assumptions, exaggerations and perpetuating falsehoods and untruths. I must say, it’s rather entertaining to watch.

not even a little complicated.... If you sell guns to crazy people - in fact, make them your main market because most SANE people realize a gun in the house is actually kind of dangerous - eventually, one of them is going to do something awful.

The worst mass killing in modern history was committed with a truck with a body count over four times that of Sandy Hook. Yet no one suggests that marketing was a factor.

No, but let's look at that. AFTER that, we passed laws to track who was buying fertilizer of that type.

The U.S. Finally Starts Regulating Sales Of Ammonium Nitrate

Wow... I guess it's a good thing we don't have a National Fertilizer Association claiming that any crazy person who wants to buy Ammonium Nitrate has a right to do so because the Founding Fathers said so!

Because they don't want THEIR products used by crazy people.

It didn’t stop the Columbine shooting. None of the weapons used by Harris and Klebold came from their homes or otherwise belonged to their parents or families. They were all purchased by legal-age friends from gun shows.

And a funny thing happened. That person went to prison. Someone was held accountable.

SELLER OF GUN USED AT COLUMBINE GETS 6-YEAR PRISON TERM

We need to do the same thing to the people who sold weapons to Crazy Nancy and her son, Corky McTardo.

The truth doesn’t dovetail neatly with your narrative so it keeps you running in circles making assumptions, exaggerations and perpetuating falsehoods and untruths. I must say, it’s rather entertaining to watch.

It ain't complicated at all. I mean, watching you and Dick Tiny and Mormon Bob try to blame everything else EXCEPT guns for the shooting is funny, but the fact is, the ONE element you can remove from this equation that would have absolutely kept Corky McTardo from shooting up those kids was THE GUNS.

not even a little complicated.... If you sell guns to crazy people - in fact, make them your main market because most SANE people realize a gun in the house is actually kind of dangerous - eventually, one of them is going to do something awful.

No, but let's look at that. AFTER that, we passed laws to track who was buying fertilizer of that type.

Wow... I guess it's a good thing we don't have a National Fertilizer Association claiming that any crazy person who wants to buy Ammonium Nitrate has a right to do so because the Founding Fathers said so!

And a funny thing happened. That person went to prison. Someone was held accountable.

We need to do the same thing to the people who sold weapons to Crazy Nancy and her son, Corky McTardo.

It ain't complicated at all. I mean, watching you and Dick Tiny and Mormon Bob try to blame everything else EXCEPT guns for the shooting is funny, but the fact is, the ONE element you can remove from this equation that would have absolutely kept Corky McTardo from shooting up those kids was THE GUNS.

You are a moron....

320 million people in the U.S.
600 million guns in private hands.
Over 18.6 million people carry guns for self defense.

Total number of mass public shootings in 2018...12...that means 12 nuts out of 320 million people.

Total killed...93 people. Total.

Total killed in bicycle accidents? 345.

Guns are not a problem. Democrat party judges, politicians and prosecutors who let repeat gun offenders out of jail on bond, and out of prison on insanely short prison sentences are the problem........stop them, and we don't have a gun problem anymore.

You are a moron....

320 million people in the U.S.
600 million guns in private hands.
Over 18.6 million people carry guns for self defense.

see, Dick Tiny is doing his usual spooge with inaccurate numbers...

Fact is, we take away the guns, no Adam Lanzas shooting up schools.

One mass shooting is too many. We just had another one yesterday on a military base... but I'm sure you'll come up with a reason why that one doesn't count, either.

They didn’t market to crazy people. This is a complete fabrication by you.

I was talking about the Nice truck attack in 2016. But you know what else? The fertilizer was marketed to farmers. So what?

Irrelevant. The point is, they did not get the weapons from home and were able to acquire them anyway. Ergo, your claim that it wouldn’t have happened if Nancy hadn’t had the guns in the house is null and void.

The ONE element you can remove from the Nice equation that absolutely would have kept Muhammed from running over eighty six people was THE TRUCK.

Your argument is like saying: “If the bomber hadn’t had a bomb then he wouldn’t have bombed the building.” Duh.

No one disputes that Lanza used guns you dumbass. That’s not what the debate is about. The debate is about whether Remington’s marketing figured in the shooting. I say no. Why? Because given Adam’s Lanza’s emotional problems and the fact that he had been planning the shooting for some time, I don’t think he was concerned with boosting his male ego. He just wanted to kill a bunch of people and the AR-15 was handy. I doubt he ever even saw a Remington ad.

You think this ad is for a well-adjusted person... Well, of course you do.

Cb2nhuDW8AQlDh8.jpg

Irrelevant. The point is, they did not get the weapons from home and were able to acquire them anyway. Ergo, your claim that it wouldn’t have happened if Nancy hadn’t had the guns in the house is null and void.

Well, since we are going to take EVERYONE'S gun... same effect.

No one disputes that Lanza used guns you dumbass. That’s not what the debate is about. The debate is about whether Remington’s marketing figured in the shooting. I say no. Why? Because given Adam’s Lanza’s emotional problems and the fact that he had been planning the shooting for some time, I don’t think he was concerned with boosting his male ego. He just wanted to kill a bunch of people and the AR-15 was handy. I doubt he ever even saw a Remington ad.

His Crazy Mommy did... or some ad that told her she needed to have one of those...

You work on the assumption I care about a legal point.

If I were on that jury, I'd look at the autopsy pics of those slaughtered kids, and THEN find Remington Guilty....

You think this ad is for a well-adjusted person... Well, of course you do.

Cb2nhuDW8AQlDh8.jpg

You’re the one who’s always bringing up penis sizes so you tell me.

A man who is swayed by marketing directed at the male ego is nuts or crazy or retarded. But then if a man “whines” too much (by your estimation), you insult his male ego by calling him “Dick Tiny”.

It seems to me that you’re the one who’s confused here and maybe not quite so well adjusted.

Well, since we are going to take EVERYONE'S gun... same effect.

Irrelevant. Your argument that it wouldn’t have happened if Nancy hadn’t had the guns in the house is still null and void.

His Crazy Mommy did... or some ad that told her she needed to have one of those...

She didn’t kill anyone so your point is moot.

You work on the assumption I care about a legal point.

On the contrary, by this time I know you don’t care about anything, least of all the victims.

If I were on that jury, I'd look at the autopsy pics of those slaughtered kids, and THEN find Remington Guilty....

I have no doubt of that. That’s why I’m glad you’re not on the jury. In fact, you should never be on any jury. You are not capable of objectivity and are too easily swayed by your emotions. You would be pure poison to any legal trial.

Great news. The gun industry has been irresponsible in selling weapons for mass killing to the public. Hopefully they will be soon paying for it.

Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

The Supreme Court has denied Remington Arms Co.'s bid to block a lawsuit filed by families who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook school massacre. The families say Remington should be held liable, as the maker of the AR-15-style rifle used in the 2012 killings.
Good news?!

But... eh... hmm... man, I think you have no brains man, no brains...

Remington has not business at all with what you will do with the arms they manufacture.

What you do with arms if YOUR responsibility, and the legal use of the arms is the government responsibility to control. Remington just sells arms, that is what they do. And their business is LEGAL business.

You buy a Ford F250 and use it to kill a bunch of people. Will the families and survivors sue the Ford company because is the manufacturer of the truck? My hope is for those families not receiving a single penny from Remington.

But no one knows, sometimes the judges give sentences the wrong way. The winner party will be the one with the smarter attorneys. Ovid saw the works of attorneys and said it clear and with the best criteria, advocacy is the prostitution of the word.

You’re the one who’s always bringing up penis sizes so you tell me.

A man who is swayed by marketing directed at the male ego is nuts or crazy or retarded. But then if a man “whines” too much (by your estimation), you insult his male ego by calling him “Dick Tiny”.

It seems to me that you’re the one who’s confused here and maybe not quite so well adjusted.

I don't need a gun to prove my manhood... some of you apparently do. I handled enough guns in the Army to last me six lifetimes, if I never see another one, that's fine. I just want to make sure people like Adam Lanza don't get them. If you are telling me we can't do that without taking away your guns, too.... I REALLY DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT.

Now, if you can come up with a way that keeps Adam Lanza from getting a gun, but you get to keep yours, I'm all for it.

Irrelevant. Your argument that it wouldn’t have happened if Nancy hadn’t had the guns in the house is still null and void.

No one else would have given that crazy retard a gun.

I have no doubt of that. That’s why I’m glad you’re not on the jury. In fact, you should never be on any jury. You are not capable of objectivity and are too easily swayed by your emotions. You would be pure poison to any legal trial.

Actually, I'd be the one calling bullshit on the lawyers and getting to the truth.

The truth is, Remington KNEW that crazy people were buying their weapons... they didn't care. In fact, they saw crazy people as their prime market.

THAT'S WHY THEY ARE GUILTY.

I don't give a fuck about "Law", I care about JUSTICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back