Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
One cannot read that, without being reminded of the pathetic, Gillettized pussy, Gersh Kuntzman, and his ridiculous article about how traumatic he found it to fire an AR-15.

If you're that intimidated by firing a medium-powered rifle, one has to wonder what you'd think of firing a real high-powered rifle, such as one suitable for deer hunting, or a shotgun.

I'm not intimidated by firing it,MOrmon Bob... I'm initmidated being on the downrange side of it with a crazy nut behind it.

The problem is, we have too many of them out there in the hands of nuts...

think what you're having trouble understanding is that JoeB131 is almost certainly lying about the experience he claims to have had in the military, and with firearms. If he really had the experience that he claims, then he'd know that the AR-15 and the M-16 are nowhere near as intimidating to actually handle and fire as quite a few other common firearms; and if he's really so much of a Kuntzman that an M-16 would be that intimidating to him, then he would never have lasted very long in the Army.

Again, you've never been on a live fire range..

Ft. Sill, OK, we had a range instructor who lost half his foot because some numbnut didn't engage the safety on his rifle...

Yes, you develop a healthy respect for the damage these weapons can do to real people.

Of course, the thing is, they weed out the gun nuts in basic, which is why we don't have a lot of nuts in the service.

Which is frankly why I don’t understand why you can’t seem to grasp these distinctions. You know as well as anyone that a Glock in the close quarters of a school shooting will kill a child just as efficiently as an AR will. Given this, I can only assume that the aesthetics of the AR-15 is a factor in your conclusions.

Again, he didn't use a glock... he used an AR-15, a weapon DESIGNED FOR WAR.

Something no civilian should own. Ever.

No one is disputing that he used an AR-15 or what the body count was. The question is whether or not he could have achieved the same results with a handgun. In close quarters, I say yes.

One more time... the really devastating mass shootings - Las Vegas, Pulse Night Club, Sandy Hook, Stoneman High School... don't involve pistols... They involve assault rifles...

You know, the Las Vegas shooting blows holes in the theory that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. The Vegas shooter was using AR-15's, and was shooting from far enough away that the handguns some of the people at the concert were carrying basically ineffective, as they didn't have the range to reach the shooter.

And yeah JoeB...................I can't really see the necessity of a weapon that is specifically designed to throw lots of ammo down range in a short period of time outside of a war zone.

Which is frankly why I don’t understand why you can’t seem to grasp these distinctions. You know as well as anyone that a Glock in the close quarters of a school shooting will kill a child just as efficiently as an AR will. Given this, I can only assume that the aesthetics of the AR-15 is a factor in your conclusions.

No one is disputing that he used an AR-15 or what the body count was. The question is whether or not he could have achieved the same results with a handgun. In close quarters, I say yes.

One more time... the really devastating mass shootings - Las Vegas, Pulse Night Club, Sandy Hook, Stoneman High School... don't involve pistols... They involve assault rifles...
Chances are better you survive a pistol wound. Not so much with an AR.

Exactly. The muzzle velocity of a 9mm is significantly slower than what an AR-15 shoots. And, the force that is delivered is also significantly less.

Then, there is that nasty little fact that the ammo of the AR-15 is designed to shatter on impact. 9mm's don't nearly as bad as the AR-15.

Exactly. The muzzle velocity of a 9mm is significantly slower than what an AR-15 shoots. And, the force that is delivered is also significantly less.

Then, there is that nasty little fact that the ammo of the AR-15 is designed to shatter on impact. 9mm's don't nearly as bad as the AR-15.
When that round hits an organ, it can't be repaired. It is designed for killing.

Again, no one is disputing what weapon he used or how deadly it was or what the body count was or any of the known facts of the case. The problem is that you’re focusing on the weapon used as the main cause of the carnage and you seem to be saying the AR is the only weapon capable of doing this. It is not.

At Columbine, the only weapon used that is even remotely like the AR-15 was a Hi-Point model 995 carbine in 9mm. In other words, basically a handgun with a shoulder stock. It is not a weapon designed for combat with nowhere near the firepower of the AR and yet they managed to kill twelve students with this, a semiautomatic 9mm pistol and two shotguns.

If you had an AR, would you shoot up a school with it?

One more time...no one disputes the weapons used or how deadly they were.

You know, the Las Vegas shooting blows holes in the theory that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. The Vegas shooter was using AR-15's, and was shooting from far enough away that the handguns some of the people at the concert were carrying basically ineffective, as they didn't have the range to reach the shooter.

And yeah JoeB...................I can't really see the necessity of a weapon that is specifically designed to throw lots of ammo down range in a short period of time outside of a war zone.

It’s not a question of necessity. We don’t have a necessity for 99% of the things we use every day.

In close quarters such as a school shooting, one is as deadly as the other.

Again, no one is disputing what weapon he used or how deadly it was or what the body count was or any of the known facts of the case. The problem is that you’re focusing on the weapon used as the main cause of the carnage and you seem to be saying the AR is the only weapon capable of doing this. It is not.

Not what I said at all...

Okay, Corky, try to follow this... an AR had a higher rate of fire, and can do more damage than a pistol. The ammo is specifically designed to do more damage when it hits someone.

It’s not a question of necessity. We don’t have a necessity for 99% of the things we use every day.

That's again- retarded. Most of the things we use every day aren't designed to kill people.

One cannot read that, without being reminded of the pathetic, Gillettized pussy, Gersh Kuntzman, and his ridiculous article about how traumatic he found it to fire an AR-15.

If you're that intimidated by firing a medium-powered rifle, one has to wonder what you'd think of firing a real high-powered rifle, such as one suitable for deer hunting, or a shotgun.

I'm not intimidated by firing it,MOrmon Bob... I'm initmidated being on the downrange side of it with a crazy nut behind it.

18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands....

3 were used in 2018 to kill 33 people......

Bicycles killed 345 people in 2017.

You are insane.

Okay, Corky, try to follow this... an AR had a higher rate of fire, and can do more damage than a pistol. The ammo is specifically designed to do more damage when it hits someone.

That's again- retarded. Most of the things we use every day aren't designed to kill people.

The ammo was not designed to do more damage, you moron....you were shown this in another thread...the ammo was made light so that soldiers could carry more of it...you dope.

And ....

Gilroy...AR-15.....3 killed
Dayton....AR-15 10 killed.

Russia polytechnic shooting 20 killed, 40 injured with a 5 shot, tube fed, pump action shotgun.
Navy yard shooting....12 killed, pump action shotgun.

Luby's cafe....24 killed, 2 pistols.
Virginia Tech....32 killed, 2 pistols.

It isn't the weapon, you dope....it is the choice of target and how long it takes before someone starts shooting back at the killer, you moron.

You are insane.

Bicycles aren't designed to kill people, and the Bicycle industry isn't marketing to the Nancy Lanzas of the world.

You are insane.

Bicycles aren't designed to kill people, and the Bicycle industry isn't marketing to the Nancy Lanzas of the world.

And yet bicycles kill more people than the AR-15 rifle......knives kill more people than the AR-15 rifle.....

cars killed over 38,000 people...

18 million AR-15 rifles..... 3 were used illegally.....

You are an idiot.

And like I’ve been telling you Corky, in the close quarters of a school or office building it makes no difference. Unless you’re telling me that a Glock won’t kill a child at five to ten yards, I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say other than that the AR looks more menacing.

Automobiles were not made to kill people but they kill children much more efficiently and much more often than ARs anyway. Or even handguns for that matter.

So you’re not concerned about children being killed, only when someone does it on purpose.

You didn’t answer my question: If you had an AR, would you shoot up a school?

You are insane.

Bicycles didn't kill those people. Drivers in cars that ran over the bicyclists is what killed them.

You are insane.

Bicycles didn't kill those people. Drivers in cars that ran over the bicyclists is what killed them.

And guns don't kill people...the people using the guns illegally kill those people.....

And yet bicycles kill more people than the AR-15 rifle......knives kill more people than the AR-15 rifle.....

You are an idiot.

You're numbers are crap.... Do you just make this shit up?

Point is, nobody is making me go through a metal detector or a security checkpoint because I might have a bicycle.

You are an idiot.

You're numbers are crap.... Do you just make this shit up?

Point is, nobody is making me go through a metal detector or a security checkpoint because I might have a bicycle.

Wow, aa deranged lunatic like you says the numbers are crap....I'll notify the democrat media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back