Supreme Court Allows Semi Automatic Gun Ban

The Charleston church mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Roseburg, Oregon mass killer used five handguns. No assault weapon.

The Virginia Tech mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Isla Vista mass killer used two knives, three handguns, and a BMW sedan. No assault weapon.

The Fort Hood mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Washington Navy Yard mass killer used a shotgun and a handgun. No assault weapon.

What about Newtown? Columbine? San Bernardino? Aurora? Wouldn't it be nice if at least 50% of these crimes didn't happen in the first place?

According to the Department of Justice in the 1990s....under bill clinton......Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack, and to save lives, and even to stop mass shooters, 1,500,000 times a year...

yeah..that is a lot more than 50%.....

I'm sure automatic weapons are the choice of all interested in killing hominids.

No, they aren't. Actual shooters will tell you full automatic fire is innaccurate and wastes ammo......

So all those criminals in Europe aren't actual shooters? Good! Somebody coulda got hurt.

No...they aren't......which is one of the reasons they have a low murder rate...they shoot each other a lot....and don't hit much...

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

Armed police patrols will target gun crime hotspots across the capital after a rise in the number of shootings, as Scotland Yard says there are more guns on the streets.

----Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns. In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Among victims 42% had links to gangs, and half of victims had links to drug dealing.

Sir Bernard said the rise in shootings nationally suggests that more weapons are getting on to the streets.

“The potential is that more guns have got through than we’ve known about and they’ve got in to the hands of criminals.

That’s the best explanation at the moment. “Clearly in some areas there is a gang element to it but that doesn’t account for all of it.

The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.” He warned that terrorists could go to criminal sources to buy guns.

“As we’ve seen in Europe, particularly looking at France and Belgium, if we allow easy access or allow any liberal approach to the possession of firearms for criminals, then it allows the possibility that terrorists get hold of it.Terrorists are generally going to go to a criminal source to supply them, there’s no way we want that to happen in Britain.”

I'm sorry, waht did you say? Europe

and how does your response speak to the decision of the supreme court?

oh wait... it doesn't.

now, if you want to address these issues rationally, which NRA brainwashed tend not to want to do, I would think we can all agree that no one who is not in the military needs to have a weapon that fires that many shots at a time without re-loading.

and I think other than the true NRA brainwashed, we can all agree that if someone is on the terrorist watch list, if they try to buy a gun a little red flag should go off

the gun owners in my life are all ok with that type of legislation.

so now do you want to actually comment on the decision or do you want to fling more nonsense?.

Moron...it is exactly because the military has them that we need to have them too...you don't understand him an history so you are talking out of your ass.......

The gun owners in your life are fools who will one day not be gun owners...

Yeah, we're gonna take on the military ain't we bub?

Yep.....just like the Afghani and Iraqi terrorists did with just rifles and improvised bombs...... vs ......Navy Seals, Missiles, bombers, you know...they drove out the most powerful military in the world....but sure....tell yourself we couldn't do the same with even more and better weapons...

Oh, so our military got it's ass kicked and you want to adopt that approach?

no twit....you said it would be impossible to defeat the American military if they attacked American citizens....you are wrong.....

Yes bubby, I think some of you folks are a bit full of yourselves on a keypad.

Because, asswipe....we have the actual confessions of shooters who were captured, and the notes and videos of shooters who died....they chose gun free zones...

Notes.....from the Sandy Hook shooter, Colorado theater, the guy just captured in Minnesota targeting a mega church, the South Carolina Church shooter and the Santa Barbara shooter....all said they chose gun free zones...to get their body counts up.
Link?

Dollars to donuts they said they chose CROWDS, not gun free zones.

Wrong..I have linked to all of them....they all point out choosing targets after wanting to attack other targets...but the original targets had armed security...the Muslim terrorist specifically stated he was going to target a mega church..because they don't allow guns in churches in America....

Bullshit, some states allow guns in church.

Yes...they do...in fact there have been several mass shootings in churches stopped by people with guns......I stated the muslim terrorist mega church guy said he was going to target the church because American churches don't allow guns......he was not the brightest muslim terrorist since he got caught on wire taps.......

But the church he was targeting...was a gun free zone...

Well I do feel gunfire in church really helps spread the mesage of Christ's love, so I "get" it.

Wow...the stupid is strong with you today....

Some details......

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)

No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)

Temple massacre has some Sikhs mulling gun ownership

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”

The Isla Vista mass killer used two knives, three handguns, and a BMW sedan. No assault weapon.

The Washington Navy Yard mass killer used a shotgun and a handgun. No assault weapon.

What about Newtown? Columbine? San Bernardino? Aurora? Wouldn't it be nice if at least 50% of these crimes didn't happen in the first place?

According to the Department of Justice in the 1990s....under bill clinton......Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack, and to save lives, and even to stop mass shooters, 1,500,000 times a year...

You're like the other twit, point to independent studies or be ignored as far as "info" dispersal goes.

Link?

Wrong..I have linked to all of them....they all point out choosing targets after wanting to attack other targets...but the original targets had armed security...the Muslim terrorist specifically stated he was going to target a mega church..because they don't allow guns in churches in America....

Yes...they do...in fact there have been several mass shootings in churches stopped by people with guns......I stated the muslim terrorist mega church guy said he was going to target the church because American churches don't allow guns......he was not the brightest muslim terrorist since he got caught on wire taps.......

Well I do feel gunfire in church really helps spread the mesage of Christ's love, so I "get" it.

Some details......

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

vs.

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

The president of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin had only a butter knife on hand, which he used to fight the gunman. He was killed, but his heroic actions were credited for slowing the shooter. Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.

“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”

I"m sure you think you had a point? Take guns to church, I don't really care, it's fine with me. Take a few.

You're like the other twit, point to independent studies or be ignored as far as "info" dispersal goes.

Fuck you asswipe....

Here are a whole bunch of gun studies...both government and private......

.which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

What happened was that the semi automatic replaced the fully automatic weapons.

People like me said back then that it wouldn't do anything to stop the carnage. We were right.

My point is that if we ban the semi automatic or assault weapons and there's nothing that does the same thing to replace it, we won't have such horrendous massacres we've had.

Banning certain weapons does work.

No one has a Thompson machine gun anymore. It was banned in the 1930.

Fully automatic weapons were banned in the 1980s, republican ronald reagan signed the legislation into law.

Keep in mind that it went into effect in May 1986. Which means that the republican controlled senate at the time, wrote a bill, voted on it and passed it. So republicans at one time did put the safety of Americans before money.

I find it interesting that no matter what you gun nuts say, it's constitutional to ban a type of weapon and that the supreme court upholds those bans.

I guess all the claims of destroying the second amendment
and taking away rights is just exactly what I've known it to be all my life.

Nothing but a bunch of garbage.

Europe banned fully automatic rifles...and they are the weapon of choice of european criminals and terrorists........you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sure automatic weapons are the choice of all interested in killing hominids.

No, they aren't. Actual shooters will tell you full automatic fire is innaccurate and wastes ammo......

So all those criminals in Europe aren't actual shooters? Good! Somebody coulda got hurt.

No...they aren't......which is one of the reasons they have a low murder rate...they shoot each other a lot....and don't hit much...

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

Armed police patrols will target gun crime hotspots across the capital after a rise in the number of shootings, as Scotland Yard says there are more guns on the streets.

----Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns. In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Among victims 42% had links to gangs, and half of victims had links to drug dealing.

Sir Bernard said the rise in shootings nationally suggests that more weapons are getting on to the streets.

“The potential is that more guns have got through than we’ve known about and they’ve got in to the hands of criminals.

That’s the best explanation at the moment. “Clearly in some areas there is a gang element to it but that doesn’t account for all of it.

The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.” He warned that terrorists could go to criminal sources to buy guns.

“As we’ve seen in Europe, particularly looking at France and Belgium, if we allow easy access or allow any liberal approach to the possession of firearms for criminals, then it allows the possibility that terrorists get hold of it.Terrorists are generally going to go to a criminal source to supply them, there’s no way we want that to happen in Britain.”

Wait, what?

"Europe banned fully automatic rifles...and they are the weapon of choice of european criminals and terrorists........you have no idea what you are talking about."

And:

"......which is one of the reasons they have a low murder rate..."

Some details......

vs.

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

I"m sure you think you had a point? Take guns to church, I don't really care, it's fine with me. Take a few.

Allow me to translate your answer......

Begin translation...

Wow...he was right...now I look like an even bigger moron than I normally do.....what do I do now...I know....I'll pretend not to get his point....and try to move on....

End Translation....

The Minneapolis mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Sikh temple mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oikos University mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Seal Beach mass killer used three handguns. No assault weapon.

The Tucson, Arizona mass killer who shot Gabby Giffords used a handgun. No assault weapon.
then make all firearms bolt or lever action, 6 round capacity non detachable magazine for both public (police) and private use - the right to bear arms.

How do you enforce that on criminals?
to reduce their availability entirely and putting any person in jail who has one in their possession ... not too hard to understand.

You mean like France...Britain, Sweden, Belgium.....they banned them...and their cipriminals and terrorists use them all the time.
You mean like France...Britain, Sweden, Belgium.....they banned them...and their cipriminals and terrorists use them all the time.

that's funny, they are not banned in the US and no Terrorist yet has used one - only gun loving psychopaths ....

in the US, unlike Europe the band guns would cease to exist.

Some details......

vs.

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Osceola ( 0 dead )

Allow me to translate your answer......

Begin translation...

Wow...he was right...now I look like an even bigger moron than I normally do.....what do I do now...I know....I'll pretend not to get his point....and try to move on....

End Translation....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have another self declared partisan "winner" on a poli chat board.

That does not take away from the fact the Left is working toward a total ban on guns, one step at a time.

You got the gun nutters wanting to arm EVERYONE in all places. And the gun haters wanting to eliminate guns.
Both extremes are ridiculous.
It's just a shame we no longer have the ability to solve problems to the satisfaction of MOST Americans.

The Minneapolis mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Sikh temple mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oikos University mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Seal Beach mass killer used three handguns. No assault weapon.

The Tucson, Arizona mass killer who shot Gabby Giffords used a handgun. No assault weapon.
then make all firearms bolt or lever action, 6 round capacity non detachable magazine for both public (police) and private use - the right to bear arms.

to reduce their availability entirely and putting any person in jail who has one in their possession ... not too hard to understand.

that's funny, they are not banned in the US and no Terrorist yet has used one - only gun loving psychopaths ....

You just showed how stupid your post is....you acknowledge that if you want a fully automatic weapon in the states, you can buy one.....

They are, in fact, completely illegal and banned in France....and they are used by both the criminals of France and the Terrorists of france....

Twit.

Churches are private property so the governor of a state cannot mandate that a church must allow people to carry guns

And you know full well no one ever said anything about any "mandate".

If the state is going to force churches to allow people to carry guns then yes the churches are being mandated to allow people to enter with guns

That's the very definition

Did the Gov of MS issue a "mandate"?

Can the churches not allow armed people in if they so choose?

So you have nothing about a mandate at all then, thanks.

What did you say?

I thought we were having a discussion here

This whole "gun free zones are easy targets" thing is bullshit. It's a stupid meme intentionally created to make retards believe more guns means more safety, when the opposite is true.

These mass shooters are not choosing their targets because they are gun free zones. They are choosing targets with which they are very familiar. It's almost always their workplace or their school or some other place they know well.

It has nothing to do with being a "gun free zone".
You're totally right(Sarcasm), they prefer a higher chance of being shot back at. You're funny. 100% by chance, it's not as though the most recent mass shooting scouted the location multiple times before gunning them all down. I guess he must not have known it was a gun free zone, or he probably would have chosen a place that allows concealed carry, so he could be shot by the patrons(More sarcasm).
Mass shooters are suicidal. They WANT to die. So what makes you think "gun free zone" has fuck-all to do with their choice of target?

It doesn't.

They almost always pick a venue with which they are very familiar. THAT is the primary factor.

Because, asswipe....we have the actual confessions of shooters who were captured, and the notes and videos of shooters who died....they chose gun free zones...

Notes.....from the Sandy Hook shooter, Colorado theater, the guy just captured in Minnesota targeting a mega church, the South Carolina Church shooter and the Santa Barbara shooter....all said they chose gun free zones...to get their body counts up.
Link?

Wrong..I have linked to all of them....
No, you have not.

Do it.

That does not take away from the fact the Left is working toward a total ban on guns, one step at a time.

You got the gun nutters wanting to arm EVERYONE in all places. And the gun haters wanting to eliminate guns.
Both extremes are ridiculous.
It's just a shame we no longer have the ability to solve problems to the satisfaction of MOST Americans.
Cry me river, it's not about getting along. dumbass
it's about following the Constitution

And you know full well no one ever said anything about any "mandate".

If the state is going to force churches to allow people to carry guns then yes the churches are being mandated to allow people to enter with guns

That's the very definition

Did the Gov of MS issue a "mandate"?

Can the churches not allow armed people in if they so choose?

So you have nothing about a mandate at all then, thanks.

What did you say?

I thought we were having a discussion here

You've proved to be incapable of such, bye.

You just showed how stupid your post is....you acknowledge that if you want a fully automatic weapon in the states, you can buy one.....

They are, in fact, completely illegal and banned in France....and they are used by both the criminals of France and the Terrorists of france....

Twit.

And they have very low murder rates according to you.

Why you nut jobs want more dead innocent citizens is beyond me. You stupid fucks won't take the guns away from the criminals, but want citizens to be defenseless. Damn nut jobs.

Now....That screwed up "conclusion" shows what a truly fucked up right winger you must be...Whereas some people try to hide their stupidity...you like to flaunt it... Go figure !!!

Waiting for 2AGuy to provide links the Sandy Hook shooter, the Colorado theater shooter, the South Carolina Church shooter and the Santa Barbara shooter "all said they chose gun free zones...to get their body counts up".

You're totally right(Sarcasm), they prefer a higher chance of being shot back at. You're funny. 100% by chance, it's not as though the most recent mass shooting scouted the location multiple times before gunning them all down. I guess he must not have known it was a gun free zone, or he probably would have chosen a place that allows concealed carry, so he could be shot by the patrons(More sarcasm).
Mass shooters are suicidal. They WANT to die. So what makes you think "gun free zone" has fuck-all to do with their choice of target?

It doesn't.

They almost always pick a venue with which they are very familiar. THAT is the primary factor.

Link?

Wrong..I have linked to all of them....
No, you have not.

Do it.

Yes I have, not in this thread, but many, many times.....

here you go....

FBI: Dearborn Heights ISIS supporter planned to attack Detroit church

In conversation's between Abu-Rayyan and the undercover agent, Abu-Rayyan described his desire to commit a martyrdom operation.

The complaint filed in federal court doesn’t specify which Detroit church he was allegedly planning to attack, only that it was close and could seat 6,000 members.

The complaint quotes Abu-Rayyan saying:

“It's easy, and a lot of people go there. Plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church. Plus it would make the news. Everybody would've heard. Honestly I regret not doing it. If I can't do jihad in the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here."

He had also told the undercover agent that a church would be an easy target because people are not allowed to carry guns there and that it would make the news.

----------------
Minnesota…...

this teen was going to make his own gun free zone by killiing the police resource officer first....

Teen made bombs, stockpiled guns in prep for Minnesota school massacre: police

The unhinged teen told cops, after being busted Tuesday, that he planned to shoot his sister, mom and dad with a .22-caliber rifle before he went to a rural field and set a fire to distract cops.

The 11th-grader then said he planned to go to Waseca Junior and Senior High School where he would toss Molotov cocktails and explode pressure-cooker bombs to try and kill “as many students as he could” in the cafeteria during lunchtime.

About 1,000 students, in 7th through 12th grade, attend the school.

LaDue, according to the notebook of his plan, would kill the school resource officer before continuing to kill other students. He was prepared to be gunned down by a SWAT Team, police said.

Vince Vaughn is right about guns (and was brave to be so honest) | Fox News

Last June, Elliot Rodger, who killed six people in Santa Barbara, Calif., explained his own choice. In his 141-page “Manifesto,” Rodger turned down alternate targets because he worried that someone with a gun would cut short his killing spree.

That same month, Justin Bourque shot to death three people in Canada. His Facebook page made fun of gun bans, with pictures of defenseless victims explaining to killers that they weren’t allowed to have guns.

The diary of the Aurora, Colorado, “Batman” movie theater killer, James Holmes, was finally released this past week. It was clear that he was considering both attacking an airport and a movie theater, but he turned down the airport option because he was concerned about their “substantial security.”

Of course, there are numerous other examples such as the Columbine killersopposing the concealed carry law that was then working its way through the state legislature. The bill would have allowed people to carry permitted concealed handguns on school property. The killers timed their attack for the very day that final passage of the law was planned for in the legislature.

If you go to the link for the Colorado theater shooter they have a photo of his journal where he has notes about airports…..he lists one of the items…."Substantial Security"

Forum List

Back