Supreme Court Allows Semi Automatic Gun Ban

You want to take MY AR-15, because someone else might murder someone with theirs?

Should I give up my car because of drunk drivers?

Fill in my pool to prevent people from drowning?

Stop taking my meds because someone OD'd?

and you seriously believe criminals still won't get them if they are banned?

Read up on the effects of the 18th Amendment, and get back to me.
You want to take MY AR-15 ...

yes, and everyone else that feels they need one.

What scares you about it?

the noise?

it's black and ugly?

They kill?
the reason to have the law is for the blatant greed and stupidity displayed by those who need an automatic weapon and their unstable addiction they are unable control.

Was that supposed to make sense?
Was that supposed to make sense?

it makes no sense to cater to people who feel they need an assault rifle when there is no logical reason for them to be made available, the same as with hand grenades.

There is no reason to own a car that can do 100 mph
(far above the speed limit)

I have owned a variety of firearms over the years, and not one has injured, much less killed, anyone.

Why do you want to take away my firearms?

Because someone else might misuse it?

Now if we can get all those weapons banned nation wide we will see the mass murders decrease and eventually stop.
Wow. You really drank the anti-gun piss. Mass murders will not decrease, much less stop, if you ban "assault weapons".
the only thing that will change is the weapon used to commit the mass murders.
Maybe they will use a bomb, or poison or even a plane.
Just think, a guy walks into a movie theater and starts shooting, before he is out of ammo or is killed by the police whenever they happen to get there, 40 people are injured and or dead. But lets say the same guy goes in and sets off a bomb in the center of the theater right during the gratuitous tit shot, he gets to kill everyone in there, a couple hundred? and the best part? before the bomb went off he was able to walk out undetected He gets to live to do it another day.

For the second year in a row the supreme court refused to reverse a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips.

Banning weapons works.

When was the last time anyone used a Thompson machine gun or had one? They were banned in the 1930s.

When as the last time anyone used a fully automatic weapon? They were banned in the 80s, ronald reagan signed the ban.

Now if we can get all those weapons banned nation wide we will see the mass murders decrease and eventually stop.

Roberts' S.Ct. upholds 2 states assault rifle ban in News Forum

Thank God for the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban and how it prevented the Mass Shootings at Columbine and Jonesboro, oh wait it did not prevent those mass shootings!

Also you can buy a full automatic weapon and that is another misconception from the left as usual!

What happened was that the semi automatic replaced the fully automatic weapons.

People like me said back then that it wouldn't do anything to stop the carnage. We were right.

My point is that if we ban the semi automatic or assault weapons and there's nothing that does the same thing to replace it, we won't have such horrendous massacres we've had.

Banning certain weapons does work.

No one has a Thompson machine gun anymore. It was banned in the 1930.

Fully automatic weapons were banned in the 1980s, republican ronald reagan signed the legislation into law.

Keep in mind that it went into effect in May 1986. Which means that the republican controlled senate at the time, wrote a bill, voted on it and passed it. So republicans at one time did put the safety of Americans before money.

I find it interesting that no matter what you gun nuts say, it's constitutional to ban a type of weapon and that the supreme court upholds those bans.

I guess all the claims of destroying the second amendment
and taking away rights is just exactly what I've known it to be all my life.

Nothing but a bunch of garbage.

Europe banned fully automatic rifles...and they are the weapon of choice of european criminals and terrorists........you have no idea what you are talking about.

You have no idea how many more mass shootings by Islamic radicals there would be in Paris and London if they did not have those laws in place. What doesn't make the news are the rates that they've made on these criminals before they commit the crime. What doesn't make the news is how many times they cannot get their hands on guns in Europe.

Fact: The US has far more mass shootings than Paris and London and all of Europe combined and yet the hostilities with Muslims is much higher in Europe and has been for decades. Princess Diana started dating a Muslim just to piss off the Queen and that was in the mid 90s.

Moron.....we had more mass shootings long before those countries confiscated and banned guns.....we have more non-gun murders than those countries.....our minority populations kill more, our nuts kill more....

Britain banned guns......and their gun crime rate stayed the same.....and went up 4% last year.....

Guns are easy to get in europe.....I have posted the police saying so...you guys pretend you haven't seen those posts...

Thanks for all your links proving what you just said. Coward

Thank God for the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban and how it prevented the Mass Shootings at Columbine and Jonesboro, oh wait it did not prevent those mass shootings!

Also you can buy a full automatic weapon and that is another misconception from the left as usual!

People like me said back then that it wouldn't do anything to stop the carnage. We were right.

My point is that if we ban the semi automatic or assault weapons and there's nothing that does the same thing to replace it, we won't have such horrendous massacres we've had.

Fully automatic weapons were banned in the 1980s, republican ronald reagan signed the legislation into law.

Keep in mind that it went into effect in May 1986. Which means that the republican controlled senate at the time, wrote a bill, voted on it and passed it. So republicans at one time did put the safety of Americans before money.

I find it interesting that no matter what you gun nuts say, it's constitutional to ban a type of weapon and that the supreme court upholds those bans.

Europe banned fully automatic rifles...and they are the weapon of choice of european criminals and terrorists........you have no idea what you are talking about.

You have no idea how many more mass shootings by Islamic radicals there would be in Paris and London if they did not have those laws in place. What doesn't make the news are the rates that they've made on these criminals before they commit the crime. What doesn't make the news is how many times they cannot get their hands on guns in Europe.

Fact: The US has far more mass shootings than Paris and London and all of Europe combined and yet the hostilities with Muslims is much higher in Europe and has been for decades. Princess Diana started dating a Muslim just to piss off the Queen and that was in the mid 90s.

Moron.....we had more mass shootings long before those countries confiscated and banned guns.....we have more non-gun murders than those countries.....our minority populations kill more, our nuts kill more....

Britain banned guns......and their gun crime rate stayed the same.....and went up 4% last year.....

Guns are easy to get in europe.....I have posted the police saying so...you guys pretend you haven't seen those posts...

Hey...asswipe...if you want the links.....you got em....

this is just the Continent...

This is How AK-47s Get to Paris

France outlaws most gun ownership and it’s almost impossible to legally acquire a high-powered rifle such as an AK-47, so where did the weapons in the Nov. 13 terror attack—not to mention the bloody January assault by Islamic terrorists on the Paris office ofCharlie Hebdo magazine and the 2012 shootings by a militant in Toulouse—come from?

Guns soon became a major export commodity in the Balkans. Western Europe is the target market. “Many firearms trafficked in Europe come from the western Balkans after being held illegally after recent conflicts in the area,” Europol reported. In just one case from 2014, Slovakian cops intercepted a truck trying to enter the country with “a large number of grenades and firearms,”according to Europol. “The vehicle was travelling from Bosnia and Herzegovina to Sweden.”

And it’s not like the stream of weapons will end when dealers in the Balkans run out of war-vintage leftovers. “One of the reasons we see a lot of Kalashnikovs and AK-47s on the black market is because Russia has just upgraded the Kalashnikov,” Kathie Lynn Austin, an expert on arms trafficking with the Conflict Awareness Project, told Al Jazeera, “and that has created massive stockpiles of the older models.”

On March 6, 2012, French lawmakers passed a law tightening up gun regulation and increasing penalties for illegal ownership. Just five days later, Mohamed Merah—a French jihadist of Algerian descent—went on shooting rampage, killing seven people in three separate attacks in around Toulouse before a police sniper shot him dead.

Merah’s arsenal included an AK-47, an Uzi, a Sten submachine gun, a shotgun, and several pistols—all illegal. “He could only supply himself on the black market or from crime organizations, that’s clear,” Thierry Coste, a pro-gun lobbyist, told The Christian Science Monitor.

In October 2014, French police raided several homes across the country, breaking up an Internet-based smuggling ring, arresting 48 suspected traffickers, and seizing hundreds of illegal guns. Three months later on Jan. 7 this year, jihadist gunmen wielding AK-47s shot up Charlie Hebdo in Paris, killing 12 people.

----------------

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/16/frances-real-gun-problem/

Running guns to the heart of Europe: 'Need a Kalashnikov in Belgium? No problem'

But for all the new resolve of the European Union to tighten borders and close loopholes in laws that already effectively ban private ownership of rapid-fire assault weapons, Nemac, Milan and a jaded Serbian policeman doubt it can end the trade.

The Serbian police officer, who is involved in counter-trafficking operations, said investigators uncovered maybe a third of shipments at best. The problem was the sheer volume of weapons, he explained, recounting a tale of a man who told customs officers at Serbia's border with the EU that he was a musician and had nothing to declare but his old accordion.--

----

Indeed, there is some irony that Brussels, self-styled "capital" of the European Union and also home to the NATO military alliance, has become a marketplace for such hardware.

"If you have 500 to 1,000 euros you can get a military weapon within half an hour," said Bilal Benyaich, an expert on Islamist radicals at the city's Itinera Institute think-tank.
-
-

This story tracks gun smuggling in Europe.....lots of it....

European Police Face Being Outgunned by Jihadists With Assault Rifles

But although the police quickly traced the weapons source in the Paris attacks, stopping criminals and other jihadist cells in Europe from acquiring assault weapons for further attacks might not be so easy, according to police officials.

French police believe rifles are on sale in French cities for between €1,000 and €1,500. Earlier this month, Philippe Capon, head of the French police union UNSA, told Bloomberg News, “The French black market for weapons has been inundated with eastern European war artillery and arms.” A French police source told TIME that the weapons from the Charlie Hebdoattack came from the Balkans.

That is not the only source of weaponry. Donald says he fears that the continent might be facing a fresh influx of weapons from North Africa in the wake of the Arab Spring revolts. In August, 2011, Libyan rebels looted large quantities of mortars, tank shells and other munitions when Moammar Gaddafi’s regime collapsed. Although most of those weapons are believed to have filtered across North and West Africa, some could also have made their way to Europe.

The arms traffickers have flourished in the absence of well-financed antiweapons units in Europe, where law enforcement has for years tended to plow money into stopping drug-dealing and other crimes. “We don’t fully understand the scale of the problem because we have not had specialized units,” says Donald, referring to law-enforcement agencies in different E.U. countries. “It is a question of priorities. Any police officer will tell you it [resources] is a constant struggle.”

The trade in illegal weapons can earn enormous profits for organized criminal gangs — enough to make the risk of capture worthwhile. Donald says recent investigations have found arms traffickers investing about €30,000 in a shipment of Balkan-era weapons, refurbishing them in their garages, then selling them for them for about 10 times the price. “That’s a huge mark-up,” he says.

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

aanother story on ease terrorists get guns....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard, but terrorists have little trouble

In contrast with the free-firing United States, Europe is generally seen as a haven from serious gun violence. Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned. Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”

This is all about conjecture because we haven't tried banning guns and enforcing decent laws yet.

Try looking up gun statutes by state and reading them. The first section of the statute is all about exclusions and exceptions to previous laws which neutralize and neuter the statute. That is why our current gun laws don't work

And this is Britain...asswipe...

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

Armed police patrols will target gun crime hotspots across the capital after a rise in the number of shootings, as Scotland Yard says there are more guns on the streets.

----Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns. In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Among victims 42% had links to gangs, and half of victims had links to drug dealing.

Sir Bernard said the rise in shootings nationally suggests that more weapons are getting on to the streets.

“The potential is that more guns have got through than we’ve known about and they’ve got in to the hands of criminals.

That’s the best explanation at the moment. “Clearly in some areas there is a gang element to it but that doesn’t account for all of it.

The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.”
--------

Hogan-Howe said there were more illegal guns on the streets and said the rise in shootings in the last three months was significant:

“The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.” Nationally, there has been an increase of around 19% in firearms discharges since 2013-14, with London also experiencing roughly that level of increase.

-----

A kid falls into an Olympic sized swimming pool and drowns. Other kids drown in normal sized swimming pools at a fairly steady rate, but the size of the Olympic pool gets media attention.

Whenever any other kid drowns in an Olympic sized swimming pool, the fact it was an Olympic sized swimming pool is given prominence in the story, even though far, far, far, far more kids are drowning in regular sized pools.

Soon, liberals are clamoring for a ban on high capacity swimming pools.

"Nobody NEEDS an Olympic sized swimming pool!"

"What do you NEED an Olympic sized swimming pool for unless you are planning on drowning kids?"

Opponents to the ban scream less swimming pools will mean more drownings.

Eventually, high capacity swimming pools are banned.

People who would have bought an Olympic sized swimming pool decide to buy two normal sized swimming pools side-by-side with a channel connecting them.

The drowning death rate remains unchanged.

You should work pool fences into your scenario.

The Sandy Hook shooter started out by killing his mother. She was armed to the teeth. Her house was not a gun free zone.

The church shooter...

Dylann Roof 'wanted to target local university'

The man accused of massacring nine people at a church in Charleston intended to target a local university but could not get past security, friends have claimed.

Dylann Roof has been charged with murdering six women and three men at a Bible study meeting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church on Wednesday.

Investigators have called it a “hate crime” and suggested the 21-year-old chose the predominantly black institution because of his racism.

But friends have now said he told them he wanted to “shoot up” the College of Charleston, a liberal arts and sciences university in the South Carolina City.
He wouldn't have had to go far.

Although the university's building are spread out over a sizable area, many of the schools' buildings are less than a block from the church with some located on Calhoun St, the same as the church.

And more on easy guns in Britain....

Just £200 for a gun in London

Just £200 for a gun in London
by JUSTIN DAVENPORT, Evening Standard

Guns are regularly changing hands in London for only £200, highlighting the frightening spiral in violent crime, says Met Commissioner Sir John Stevens today.

He adds that prices are tumbling because gangs have been importing huge numbers of weapons as they become ever more ruthless.

An astonishing 600 guns are being recovered by police every year, but they admit this might be a fraction of the true number on the streets. For a little extra cash, criminals can even get hold of the fearsome Uzi sub-machinegun.

Sir John says there is clear evidence that gun gangs are spreading across London whereas a few years ago they were confined to a handful of boroughs such as Lambeth, Hackney and Brent.

Now police officers are being stationed in countries such as Romania to provide intelligence on drug and gun-smuggling routes into Britain.

The Commissioner spoke out in an interview with the Evening Standard after a fortnight of escalating violence in which estate agent Tim Robinson was murdered outside his Battersea home and a gangster was left dead outside a police station in a bullet-riddled car.

This is all about conjecture because we haven't tried banning guns and enforcing decent laws yet.

Try looking up gun statutes by state and reading them. The first section of the statute is all about exclusions and exceptions to previous laws which neutralize and neuter the statute. That is why our current gun laws don't work

Yeah.....but France did.......and they lost 140 to fully automatic weapons that are completely illegal there...and they can't keep them out of the hands of criminals or terrorists........

and more on Britain...on fully automatic weapons......in a country that confiscated guns....

4/19/16 auto weapons increase

Rise in sub-machine guns on London streets

Scotland Yard today said police are seizing more deadly automatic weapons from criminals in London as detectives revealed that an innocent bystander was gunned down with a suspected Skorpion sub-machine gun last month .
-------

New figures seen by the Standard show that police seized 18 sub-machine guns from criminals in the capital last year, compared to 13 similar weapons in 2014.

Police also revealed that sub-machine guns had been fired in London 11 times in the last 12 months, compared to seven times the year before.

In October last year three plain clothes officers escaped injury despite being shot at by a sub-machine gun - also thought to be a Skorpion - when they were carrying out inquiries in Willesden.

Today police said there had been a “worrying” increase in the use of automatic weapons but they were seizing more of the weapons from criminals.

Yeah.....but France did.......and they lost 140 to fully automatic weapons that are completely illegal there...and they can't keep them out of the hands of criminals or terrorists........

So you can name one mass shooting in France. Now start with April 1999, Littleton, Colorado and post the list through Orlando

So you can name one mass shooting in France Now start with April 1999, Littleton, Colorado and post the list

Hey twit......they don't shoot people as often.....that is their culture, not access to guns....I just gave you a list of links with fucking quotes that show how easy it is to get fully automatic weapons in France.......so access to guns isn't the reason they aren't shooting people.....

And that is changing......they are just now starting to have their culture change.......

Our non-gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate too........moron.

and more on Britain...on fully automatic weapons......in a country that confiscated guns....

Scotland Yard today said police are seizing more deadly automatic weapons from criminals in London as detectives revealed that an innocent bystander was gunned down with a suspected Skorpion sub-machine gun last month .
-------

New figures seen by the Standard show that police seized 18 sub-machine guns from criminals in the capital last year, compared to 13 similar weapons in 2014.

Police also revealed that sub-machine guns had been fired in London 11 times in the last 12 months, compared to seven times the year before.

In October last year three plain clothes officers escaped injury despite being shot at by a sub-machine gun - also thought to be a Skorpion - when they were carrying out inquiries in Willesden.

Today police said there had been a “worrying” increase in the use of automatic weapons but they were seizing more of the weapons from criminals.

Read your own post. Scotland Yard is responding. What we do here? Nothing

[

Did you get that "data" when you went to your bathroom and squatted for a while???

Of course, "mass murders" will never be completely eliminated....BUT, the carnage in New Town and Orlando have shown us that a military style of weapon manufactured ONLY for the purpose of killing many, many people in the shortest amount of time, should NEVER be so easily purchased.

Like they did when Tommy Gun's were outlawed?

-------

Read your own post. Scotland Yard is responding. What we do here? Nothing

Nice deflection.....

obama won't let the FBI investigate muslims the way they investigate everyone else..

I say let pass another assault weapon ban and when it fails to prevent the next mass shooting then let the Progressive Liberal tell us what other weapons should be banned because they refuse to understand that the last assault weapon ban did not stop mass shootings nor terrorism but let them try again and prove Einstein to be correct about their insanity and stupidity...

th

I say let pass another assault weapon ban and when it fails to prevent the next mass shooting then let the Progressive Liberal tell us what other weapons should be banned because they refuse to understand that the last assault weapon ban did not stop mass shootings nor terrorism but let them try again and prove Einstein to be correct about their insanity and stupidity...

th

I hate to say you are wrong, but you are....the anti-gun leadership already knows this.....and they know another shooting will happen and they will start the process all over.....

They want people to get in the habit of allowing them to pass more gun control......to make it a habit that after each shooting new laws are passed.....

Forum List

Back