Supreme Court Allows Semi Automatic Gun Ban

Unfortunantly its not true. If it was true I might agree with you, As soon as the legal market is blocked, the black market would take over. Drugs are illegal too. Is there a problem getting them??? not at all. as long as China is making guns and they can get to Mexico, there will be plenty of weapons. MS!3 for example would be more than happy to corner the market. The only people that wont have them will be law abiding citizens

So, then. let me ask this about the Orlando terrorist bastard...

Which was easier for this guy.......to buy his lethal weapon in the black market,,,OR to simply walk into a gun shop and buy it perfectly legal?.
This guy had plenty of time to plan his assault, you cant convince me he wouldnt have aquired weapons illegaly. He had all the motivation in the world. if it happened a day later, a week later, two months later it still would have happened, and for all you know if he did it illegaly, he may have showed up with even more fire power.

Is it easier to go buy weed at the pot club? or go find a contact in the neighborhood? Of course its easier to get a prescription from your doctor and drive on down to the weed store, but You can still get it. As soon as legislation is passed, gun runners will be seeing $$$$$ and making plans. its a very lucrative market. Unless you have plans to tighten traffic across the border and smuggling routs and identifying and fixing other societal ills, Good luck. The war on drugs and prohibition created a lot of violence, this would probably do the same thing.

And yet the Left has yet to show where the last Assault Weapon Ban stopped Mass Shootings or the fact that many do not even know you can still buy automatic weapons...

Hmmm, yeah the left has room to write about the right stupidity on issues...

For the last fucking time.....NO ONE is stating that mass shootings would never happen if a ban was enacted...no one is stating that (only right wing nitwits keep on harping on that moronic scenario).....

Our purpose is to CURB some of these mass shootings, and make it a bit more difficult for terrorists, like the one in Orlando, to simply walk into a gun shop and LEGALLY buying a weapon that killed 49 and injured 100 more.

No, by all means go back and write posts about how the left wants to disarm and confiscate everyone's deer rifles.

Do you realize how stupid you are?

The killer was a U.S. born citizen which grants him the protection of the U.S. Constitution and did not become a terrorist until the night he killed all those people.

Now what is so fucking funny is the fact the FBI was alerted that he bought a firearm and they did nothing to flag him, but hey let ignore the FBI mistake as usual and blame the average citizen.

Also those like you believe you can't buy automatic weapons when in reality you can, but of course your Fascist News Station told you something else so you cling to the false idea all automatic weapons are banned but they are not.

As you pointed out the fact is Mass Shootings will happen and the Assault Weapon Ban is just there to make you feel safe when the reality is it does little to nothing to stop mass shootings or terrorism.

So go ahead pass that law and the next Mass Shooting is your fault along with the next terrorist attack!

Remember Criminals and Terrorists obey laws, well that is what some of you on the left believe for some damn reason!

I remember my father blathering about this in the 70s. And since then we have a whole lot more guns and guess what? A whole lot of mass shootings. Because the 2nd amendment has been distorted beyond belief and the NRA has your balls in a box in D.C.

Wrong.....mass shootings are the same number as they have always been.....but, in order to increase the number, obama changed the number of dead that make up a mass shooting from the original 4, down to 3........

And guess what...as more Americans now own guns....the gun murder rate went down, not up...According to the FBI homicide table 8....

And in the 1990s, 2 million people had concealed carry permits.....in 2007, 4.7 million...and the gun murder rate went down, not up....wrong again twit...

Now....there are 13 million peole carrying guns for self defense...and the gun murder rate went down in 2014......

you guys are wrong on everything you say about guns....every single thing....

This is all about conjecture because we haven't tried banning guns and enforcing decent laws yet.

Try looking up gun statutes by state and reading them. The first section of the statute is all about exclusions and exceptions to previous laws which neutralize and neuter the statute. That is why our current gun laws don't work

Yeah.....but France did.......and they lost 140 to fully automatic weapons that are completely illegal there...and they can't keep them out of the hands of criminals or terrorists........

So you can name one mass shooting in France Now start with April 1999, Littleton, Colorado and post the list

Hey twit......they don't shoot people as often.....that is their culture, not access to guns....I just gave you a list of links with fucking quotes that show how easy it is to get fully automatic weapons in France.......so access to guns isn't the reason they aren't shooting people.....

And that is changing......they are just now starting to have their culture change.......

Our non-gun murder rate is higher than their total murder rate too........moron.

Don't give me that "culture" shit. Dead is dead regardless of your culture. Our culture is such that American men are tools of the NRA. They have been sold a bill of goods that if they don't own a gun they are pussies. So welcome to The Club, pussy

Wrong asswipe....Britain banned and confiscated their guns.....and their gun crime and gun murder rate did not change....this was after the Dunblane shootings....

So no......confiscating guns had nothing to do with their level of gun murder or gun crime.....their thugs do not use guns to murder people as often as ours do.......

And Mexican thugs in Mexico murder even more people with guns even though they have extreme gun control there....

Now if we can get all those weapons banned nation wide we will see the mass murders decrease and eventually stop.
Wow. You really drank the anti-gun piss. Mass murders will not decrease, much less stop, if you ban "assault weapons".

and how does your response speak to the decision of the supreme court?

oh wait... it doesn't.

now, if you want to address these issues rationally, which NRA brainwashed tend not to want to do, I would think we can all agree that no one who is not in the military needs to have a weapon that fires that many shots at a time without re-loading.

and I think other than the true NRA brainwashed, we can all agree that if someone is on the terrorist watch list, if they try to buy a gun a little red flag should go off

the gun owners in my life are all ok with that type of legislation.

so now do you want to actually comment on the decision or do you want to fling more nonsense?.

Moron...it is exactly because the military has them that we need to have them too...you don't understand him an history so you are talking out of your ass.......

The gun owners in your life are fools who will one day not be gun owners...

Yeah, we're gonna take on the military ain't we bub?

You're assuming the would violate their oath to support and defend the Constitution, ain't ya bubb?

For the second year in a row the supreme court refused to reverse a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips.

Banning weapons works.

When was the last time anyone used a Thompson machine gun or had one? They were banned in the 1930s.

When as the last time anyone used a fully automatic weapon? They were banned in the 80s, ronald reagan signed the ban.

Now if we can get all those weapons banned nation wide we will see the mass murders decrease and eventually stop.

Roberts' S.Ct. upholds 2 states assault rifle ban in News Forum
Let's see: Thompsons were not banned in the 1930s.
Full Autos were not banned in the 1980s (I personally own one)
The only person to commit a crime with a full auto was a police officer mainly because they are expensive and not very effective.
SO other than being wrong on every point of fact good post.

And yet the Left has yet to show where the last Assault Weapon Ban stopped Mass Shootings or the fact that many do not even know you can still buy automatic weapons...

For the last fucking time.....NO ONE is stating that mass shootings would never happen if a ban was enacted...no one is stating that (only right wing nitwits keep on harping on that moronic scenario).....

Our purpose is to CURB some of these mass shootings, and make it a bit more difficult for terrorists, like the one in Orlando, to simply walk into a gun shop and LEGALLY buying a weapon that killed 49 and injured 100 more.

No, by all means go back and write posts about how the left wants to disarm and confiscate everyone's deer rifles.

The killer was a U.S. born citizen which grants him the protection of the U.S. Constitution and did not become a terrorist until the night he killed all those people.

Now what is so fucking funny is the fact the FBI was alerted that he bought a firearm and they did nothing to flag him, but hey let ignore the FBI mistake as usual and blame the average citizen.

Also those like you believe you can't buy automatic weapons when in reality you can, but of course your Fascist News Station told you something else so you cling to the false idea all automatic weapons are banned but they are not.

As you pointed out the fact is Mass Shootings will happen and the Assault Weapon Ban is just there to make you feel safe when the reality is it does little to nothing to stop mass shootings or terrorism.

So go ahead pass that law and the next Mass Shooting is your fault along with the next terrorist attack!

Remember Criminals and Terrorists obey laws, well that is what some of you on the left believe for some damn reason!

I remember my father blathering about this in the 70s. And since then we have a whole lot more guns and guess what? A whole lot of mass shootings. Because the 2nd amendment has been distorted beyond belief and the NRA has your balls in a box in D.C.

The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones.......tell me Mother Jones is part of the NRA moron.....

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

we will see....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 73.

Again.....Mother Jones changed their standard after I made this list....I have yet to go back and show the updated number based on obama's new criteria for mass shootings....since, as you can see....the numbers each year are so low compared to actual criminals shooting other criminals....

2015......37 (46 if you add obama's new definition of 3 killed instead of 4 as was the previous defintion)
2014..... 9 (12)
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Deaths from mass shootings 2015..... 37

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Last edited:
The Minneapolis mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Sikh temple mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Oikos University mass killer used a handgun. No assault weapon.

The Seal Beach mass killer used three handguns. No assault weapon.

The Tucson, Arizona mass killer who shot Gabby Giffords used a handgun. No assault weapon.
then make all firearms bolt or lever action, 6 round capacity non detachable magazine for both public (police) and private use - the right to bear arms.

The Texas Tower killer used a Remington 700 bolt action rifle.
/fail.

I can see that with slow-witted folks like yourself, nuances must mean desserts at IHOP.

Let me make it real simple.......

If that bastard in Orlando wanted to thank someone for the ease in his purchase of such a deadly weapon...Would he thank me or you?

The FBI....they investigated him thoroughly, and let him buy that gun.......

The Charleston church mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Roseburg, Oregon mass killer used five handguns. No assault weapon.

The Virginia Tech mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Isla Vista mass killer used two knives, three handguns, and a BMW sedan. No assault weapon.

The Fort Hood mass killer used two handguns. No assault weapon.

The Washington Navy Yard mass killer used a shotgun and a handgun. No assault weapon.

What about Newtown? Columbine? San Bernardino? Aurora? Wouldn't it be nice if at least 50% of these crimes didn't happen in the first place?

Newtown, guns acquired illegally, Columbine, guns acquired illegally, San Bernardino, guns acquired illegally, yep, would be nice if criminals followed gun control laws, but what can I say, they didn't, go figure.

And all the rest.....bought them after getting anti-gun background checks......some more than one....

Unfortunantly its not true. If it was true I might agree with you, As soon as the legal market is blocked, the black market would take over. Drugs are illegal too. Is there a problem getting them??? not at all. as long as China is making guns and they can get to Mexico, there will be plenty of weapons. MS!3 for example would be more than happy to corner the market. The only people that wont have them will be law abiding citizens

So, then. let me ask this about the Orlando terrorist bastard...

Which was easier for this guy.......to buy his lethal weapon in the black market,,,OR to simply walk into a gun shop and buy it perfectly legal?.

He had to pass a background check to get it legally.....the terrorists in France....on government terrorist watch lists...didn't have to get background checks because the guns they used were completely illegal in France...so they got them illegally...easily.

“The court's action underlined its reluctance to insert itself into the simmering national debate on gun control. The justices have not made a major gun rights ruling since 2010.”

Actually it underlined its reluctance to make such a significant ruling during an election year, waiting instead until after a new president takes office and a new justice appointed to the Court.

If the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals invalidates Maryland’s measure likewise restricting AR and AK platform rifles and shotguns, which is likely, then such measures will be ripe for review, and the Court will be all but compelled to determine if such measures pass Constitutional muster.

He had to pass a background check to get it legally.....the terrorists in France....on government terrorist watch lists...didn't have to get background checks because the guns they used were completely illegal in France...so they got them illegally...easily.

Well, NOT easily....the illegal guns had to be brought from other countries, probably having to cross 5 or 6 european borders.....Instead, in the US getting such guns is a hell of a lot easier thanks to the NRA.

Guns. Guns. Guns.
If people think they can stop mass murder by banning any type of guns, they are seriously mistaken. Those that go out and pay $1,000 or more for a semi-automatic rifle with a magazine, then plunk down another $60 on ammunition, are spending way too much to do the task. The recipe for making napalm is simple and once you block an emergency exit, then toss in a few lit quart glass jars of napalm through the front, you've toasted all within a nightclub.
Bottom line, it's the nut job, not the tool.

Well, NOT easily....the illegal guns had to be brought from other countries, probably having to cross 5 or 6 european borders.....Instead, in the US getting such guns is a hell of a lot easier thanks to the NRA.

No......they are getting fully automatic weapons in Europe....you have to wait 3 days here in the states....criminals in Europe can get them in a few hours....as my links show....

The FBI....they investigated him thoroughly, and let him buy that gun.......

Did you hear anyone here "defending" the FBI, nitwit?

Didn't say you did....I pointed out he passed their background check.....as well as the anti-gun mandated background check at point of purchase.......

European criminals don't have to do any of that....

yes...easily...the European police say so...

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard, but terrorists have little trouble

In contrast with the free-firing United States, Europe is generally seen as a haven from serious gun violence. Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned. Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”

For the second year in a row the supreme court refused to reverse a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips.

Banning weapons works.

When was the last time anyone used a Thompson machine gun or had one? They were banned in the 1930s.

When as the last time anyone used a fully automatic weapon? They were banned in the 80s, ronald reagan signed the ban.

Roberts' S.Ct. upholds 2 states assault rifle ban in News Forum

Actually they decided to not get involved with bans on certain cosmetic appurtenances on semi-automatic rifles, and magazines above a certain size.

An actual ban would have been struck down even by these dolts.

Yes....easily.....and the criminals in Europe don't have to wait 3 days to get a semi auto rifle....they can get fully automatic rifles in about 2 hours....

This story tracks gun smuggling in Europe.....lots of it....

European Police Face Being Outgunned by Jihadists With Assault Rifles

But although the police quickly traced the weapons source in the Paris attacks, stopping criminals and other jihadist cells in Europe from acquiring assault weapons for further attacks might not be so easy, according to police officials.

French police believe rifles are on sale in French cities for between €1,000 and €1,500. Earlier this month, Philippe Capon, head of the French police union UNSA, told Bloomberg News, “The French black market for weapons has been inundated with eastern European war artillery and arms.” A French police source told TIME that the weapons from the Charlie Hebdoattack came from the Balkans.

That is not the only source of weaponry. Donald says he fears that the continent might be facing a fresh influx of weapons from North Africa in the wake of the Arab Spring revolts. In August, 2011, Libyan rebels looted large quantities of mortars, tank shells and other munitions when Moammar Gaddafi’s regime collapsed. Although most of those weapons are believed to have filtered across North and West Africa, some could also have made their way to Europe.

The arms traffickers have flourished in the absence of well-financed antiweapons units in Europe, where law enforcement has for years tended to plow money into stopping drug-dealing and other crimes. “We don’t fully understand the scale of the problem because we have not had specialized units,” says Donald, referring to law-enforcement agencies in different E.U. countries. “It is a question of priorities. Any police officer will tell you it [resources] is a constant struggle.”

The trade in illegal weapons can earn enormous profits for organized criminal gangs — enough to make the risk of capture worthwhile. Donald says recent investigations have found arms traffickers investing about €30,000 in a shipment of Balkan-era weapons, refurbishing them in their garages, then selling them for them for about 10 times the price. “That’s a huge mark-up,” he says.

As Europe struggles to crack down on illegal weapons, some police recruits face a new training exercise: Go buy a Kalashnikov rifle. Donald says that in “a city in Europe,” which he would not name, “very young officers with no training or experience” were recently told to go find an assault weapon on the streets from an illegal arms dealer. “One came back two hours later with an AK-47,” Donald says. “He bought it for €1,000.”

Forum List

Back