Supreme Court Allows Semi Automatic Gun Ban

For the second year in a row the supreme court refused to reverse a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips.

Banning weapons works.

When was the last time anyone used a Thompson machine gun or had one? They were banned in the 1930s.

When as the last time anyone used a fully automatic weapon? They were banned in the 80s, ronald reagan signed the ban.

Now if we can get all those weapons banned nation wide we will see the mass murders decrease and eventually stop.

Roberts' S.Ct. upholds 2 states assault rifle ban in News Forum

Thank God for the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban and how it prevented the Mass Shootings at Columbine and Jonesboro, oh wait it did not prevent those mass shootings!

Also you can buy a full automatic weapon and that is another misconception from the left as usual!

What happened was that the semi automatic replaced the fully automatic weapons.

People like me said back then that it wouldn't do anything to stop the carnage. We were right.

My point is that if we ban the semi automatic or assault weapons and there's nothing that does the same thing to replace it, we won't have such horrendous massacres we've had.

Banning certain weapons does work.

No one has a Thompson machine gun anymore. It was banned in the 1930.

Fully automatic weapons were banned in the 1980s, republican ronald reagan signed the legislation into law.

Keep in mind that it went into effect in May 1986. Which means that the republican controlled senate at the time, wrote a bill, voted on it and passed it. So republicans at one time did put the safety of Americans before money.

I find it interesting that no matter what you gun nuts say, it's constitutional to ban a type of weapon and that the supreme court upholds those bans.

I guess all the claims of destroying the second amendment
and taking away rights is just exactly what I've known it to be all my life.

Nothing but a bunch of garbage.

Europe banned fully automatic rifles...and they are the weapon of choice of european criminals and terrorists........you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sure automatic weapons are the choice of all interested in killing hominids.

You have a computer and I assume you know how o use a search engine.

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

Deadliest Mass Shootings in U.S. History Fast Facts - CNN.com

729d0e00-b925-4d9e-a436-b00180a903b2.png

The places where the top 3 deadliest shootings were places where guns were not allowed AKA gun free zones

Do you still dispute this?

If you are now up to three I'm sure you're very excited, but I explained this to you so you had to ignore it when you asked what I would like to see studied;

most deadly shootings in this country have happened in gun free zones

And it has nothing to do with society or its problems because it is an undeniable fact

Yes, of course, you just know shit. You cannot support it with independent data, but nevermind, you just "know". thats the trouble with "believers", they don't think.
Independent data?

Do you dispute the fact that the deadliest shootings in the US have happened in gun free zones because some scientists didn't tell you they did?
No one's looked at this, or at least you don't know of anyone who's really gone in and invstigated this. We got it. Thanks.
Tell me exactly what needs to be investigated.

Do you deny that the most deadly shootings in this country have happened in gun free zones?
Or do you think the body counts, the places and the shootings themselves never happened?

Do you know how many mass shootings have occurred in the US, say over the past 30-40 years (or pick another number of years)? What pecentage were in your "gun free" zones? Breakdowns on fire arms used and how they were acquired? Percenatage of shooters who committed suicide? Percenatage of shooters who acted totally alone versus had some type of support? Percenatage of shooters who had previous run ins with the law? Percenatage of shooters who had credible ties to anti govt organizations or radical groups? Percenatage of shooters who'd previously displayed violence against women or spousal/relationship abuse? Percenatage of shooters who were racially motivated? Percenatage of shooters who had mental/emotional disorders and how they acquired arms if this was known?

There are lots of angles that could/should be looked into before I go off all half cocked emotionally reactionary.

Remember?

I never said most deadly shootings happen in gun free zones I said THE DEADLIEST MASS SHOOTINGS HAPPEN IN GUN FREE ZONES

I'm sorry, I thought we were having a discussion. So what you're saying is you need to be right?

We are not having a discussion you are trying to dodge a simple question

Did the deadliest shootings in the US happen in gun free zones ?

Once again it is a yes or no question

Have a nice day, sounds like we're not discussion anything.

Why won't you answer the question?

Bullshit, some states allow guns in church.
It has nothing to do with the state
Each church can or can allow or deny guns as the clergy running the church see fit

Better tell the Gov in MS pard.

Mississippi governor signs law allowing guns in churches, loosening gun licensing
Chicago Tribune

Where's your scientific study supporting that one incident you could find?

Got spanked didn't you.

Churches are private property so the governor of a state cannot mandate that a church must allow people to carry guns

And you know full well no one ever said anything about any "mandate".

It has nothing to do with the state
Each church can or can allow or deny guns as the clergy running the church see fit

Mississippi governor signs law allowing guns in churches, loosening gun licensing
Chicago Tribune

Got spanked didn't you.

Churches are private property so the governor of a state cannot mandate that a church must allow people to carry guns

If the state is going to force churches to allow people to carry guns then yes the churches are being mandated to allow people to enter with guns

That's the very definition

If you are now up to three I'm sure you're very excited, but I explained this to you so you had to ignore it when you asked what I would like to see studied;

most deadly shootings in this country have happened in gun free zones

And it has nothing to do with society or its problems because it is an undeniable fact

Yes, of course, you just know shit. You cannot support it with independent data, but nevermind, you just "know". thats the trouble with "believers", they don't think.
Independent data?

Do you dispute the fact that the deadliest shootings in the US have happened in gun free zones because some scientists didn't tell you they did?
No one's looked at this, or at least you don't know of anyone who's really gone in and invstigated this. We got it. Thanks.
Tell me exactly what needs to be investigated.

Do you deny that the most deadly shootings in this country have happened in gun free zones?
Or do you think the body counts, the places and the shootings themselves never happened?

Do you know how many mass shootings have occurred in the US, say over the past 30-40 years (or pick another number of years)? What pecentage were in your "gun free" zones? Breakdowns on fire arms used and how they were acquired? Percenatage of shooters who committed suicide? Percenatage of shooters who acted totally alone versus had some type of support? Percenatage of shooters who had previous run ins with the law? Percenatage of shooters who had credible ties to anti govt organizations or radical groups? Percenatage of shooters who'd previously displayed violence against women or spousal/relationship abuse? Percenatage of shooters who were racially motivated? Percenatage of shooters who had mental/emotional disorders and how they acquired arms if this was known?

There are lots of angles that could/should be looked into before I go off all half cocked emotionally reactionary.

Remember?

I never said most deadly shootings happen in gun free zones I said THE DEADLIEST MASS SHOOTINGS HAPPEN IN GUN FREE ZONES

I'm sorry, I thought we were having a discussion. So what you're saying is you need to be right?

a) because you're a dick
b) that's not the conversation we were having
c) you ignored and altered the point I was making
d) no one is your prooperty and you're charge of nothing
e) you yourself said you're not interested in a conversation
f) partisanshit bores me to tears and you've an agenda

Have a nice evening.

Chicago Tribune

Got spanked didn't you.

If the state is going to force churches to allow people to carry guns then yes the churches are being mandated to allow people to enter with guns

Did the Gov of MS issue a "mandate"?

For the second year in a row the supreme court refused to reverse a ban on assault weapons and high capacity clips.

Banning weapons works.

When was the last time anyone used a Thompson machine gun or had one? They were banned in the 1930s.

When as the last time anyone used a fully automatic weapon? They were banned in the 80s, ronald reagan signed the ban.

Now if we can get all those weapons banned nation wide we will see the mass murders decrease and eventually stop.

Thank God for the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban and how it prevented the Mass Shootings at Columbine and Jonesboro, oh wait it did not prevent those mass shootings!

Also you can buy a full automatic weapon and that is another misconception from the left as usual!

People like me said back then that it wouldn't do anything to stop the carnage. We were right.

My point is that if we ban the semi automatic or assault weapons and there's nothing that does the same thing to replace it, we won't have such horrendous massacres we've had.

Fully automatic weapons were banned in the 1980s, republican ronald reagan signed the legislation into law.

Keep in mind that it went into effect in May 1986. Which means that the republican controlled senate at the time, wrote a bill, voted on it and passed it. So republicans at one time did put the safety of Americans before money.

I find it interesting that no matter what you gun nuts say, it's constitutional to ban a type of weapon and that the supreme court upholds those bans.

Europe banned fully automatic rifles...and they are the weapon of choice of european criminals and terrorists........you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sure automatic weapons are the choice of all interested in killing hominids.

No, they aren't. Actual shooters will tell you full automatic fire is innaccurate and wastes ammo......

Banning weapons works.

No, they aren't. Actual shooters will tell you full automatic fire is innaccurate and wastes ammo......

So all those criminals in Europe aren't actual shooters? Good! Somebody coulda got hurt.

a) because you're a dick
b) that's not the conversation we were having
c) you ignored and altered the point I was making
d) no one is your prooperty and you're charge of nothing
e) you yourself said you're not interested in a conversation
f) partisanshit bores me to tears and you've an agenda

Have a nice evening.

You challenged my statement the the most deadly mass shootings happen in gun free zones that is what I have been discussing. You want to talk about racial motivations which I did not even mention.

I made a simple and true statement you disputed it. and FYI if we were having a discussion I can ask you a question can I not? When you refuse to answer the question YOU stop the discussion

Wow. You really drank the anti-gun piss. Mass murders will not decrease, much less stop, if you ban "assault weapons".

and how does your response speak to the decision of the supreme court?

oh wait... it doesn't.

now, if you want to address these issues rationally, which NRA brainwashed tend not to want to do, I would think we can all agree that no one who is not in the military needs to have a weapon that fires that many shots at a time without re-loading.

and I think other than the true NRA brainwashed, we can all agree that if someone is on the terrorist watch list, if they try to buy a gun a little red flag should go off

the gun owners in my life are all ok with that type of legislation.

so now do you want to actually comment on the decision or do you want to fling more nonsense?.

Moron...it is exactly because the military has them that we need to have them too...you don't understand him an history so you are talking out of your ass.......

The gun owners in your life are fools who will one day not be gun owners...

Yeah, we're gonna take on the military ain't we bub?

Yep.....just like the Afghani and Iraqi terrorists did with just rifles and improvised bombs...... vs ......Navy Seals, Missiles, bombers, you know...they drove out the most powerful military in the world....but sure....tell yourself we couldn't do the same with even more and better weapons...

So all those criminals in Europe aren't actual shooters? Good! Somebody coulda got hurt.

No...they aren't......which is one of the reasons they have a low murder rate...they shoot each other a lot....and don't hit much...

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

Armed police patrols will target gun crime hotspots across the capital after a rise in the number of shootings, as Scotland Yard says there are more guns on the streets.

----Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns. In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Among victims 42% had links to gangs, and half of victims had links to drug dealing.

Sir Bernard said the rise in shootings nationally suggests that more weapons are getting on to the streets.

“The potential is that more guns have got through than we’ve known about and they’ve got in to the hands of criminals.

That’s the best explanation at the moment. “Clearly in some areas there is a gang element to it but that doesn’t account for all of it.

The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.” He warned that terrorists could go to criminal sources to buy guns.

“As we’ve seen in Europe, particularly looking at France and Belgium, if we allow easy access or allow any liberal approach to the possession of firearms for criminals, then it allows the possibility that terrorists get hold of it.Terrorists are generally going to go to a criminal source to supply them, there’s no way we want that to happen in Britain.”

Got spanked didn't you.

Can the churches not allow armed people in if they so choose?

You're totally right(Sarcasm), they prefer a higher chance of being shot back at. You're funny. 100% by chance, it's not as though the most recent mass shooting scouted the location multiple times before gunning them all down. I guess he must not have known it was a gun free zone, or he probably would have chosen a place that allows concealed carry, so he could be shot by the patrons(More sarcasm).
Mass shooters are suicidal. They WANT to die. So what makes you think "gun free zone" has fuck-all to do with their choice of target?

It doesn't.

They almost always pick a venue with which they are very familiar. THAT is the primary factor.

Because, asswipe....we have the actual confessions of shooters who were captured, and the notes and videos of shooters who died....they chose gun free zones...

Notes.....from the Sandy Hook shooter, Colorado theater, the guy just captured in Minnesota targeting a mega church, the South Carolina Church shooter and the Santa Barbara shooter....all said they chose gun free zones...to get their body counts up.
Link?

Dollars to donuts they said they chose CROWDS, not gun free zones.

Wrong..I have linked to all of them....they all point out choosing targets after wanting to attack other targets...but the original targets had armed security...the Muslim terrorist specifically stated he was going to target a mega church..because they don't allow guns in churches in America....

Yes...they do...in fact there have been several mass shootings in churches stopped by people with guns......I stated the muslim terrorist mega church guy said he was going to target the church because American churches don't allow guns......he was not the brightest muslim terrorist since he got caught on wire taps.......

But the church he was targeting...was a gun free zone...

No...they aren't......which is one of the reasons they have a low murder rate...they shoot each other a lot....and don't hit much...

Armed police to patrol shooting ‘hotspots’ in Newham, Hackney, Haringey, Brent, Lambeth and Southwark

Armed police patrols will target gun crime hotspots across the capital after a rise in the number of shootings, as Scotland Yard says there are more guns on the streets.

----Scotland Yard said the majority of shootings last year involved handguns. In 2015, 56% were handguns, 27% shotguns, 2% automatic weapons and 15% unknown or converted imitations.

Among victims 42% had links to gangs, and half of victims had links to drug dealing.

Sir Bernard said the rise in shootings nationally suggests that more weapons are getting on to the streets.

“The potential is that more guns have got through than we’ve known about and they’ve got in to the hands of criminals.

That’s the best explanation at the moment. “Clearly in some areas there is a gang element to it but that doesn’t account for all of it.

The fact that we’re seeing it across the country in the big cities probably indicates that we’re talking about more supply.” He warned that terrorists could go to criminal sources to buy guns.

“As we’ve seen in Europe, particularly looking at France and Belgium, if we allow easy access or allow any liberal approach to the possession of firearms for criminals, then it allows the possibility that terrorists get hold of it.Terrorists are generally going to go to a criminal source to supply them, there’s no way we want that to happen in Britain.”

I'm sorry, waht did you say? Europe

Wow. You really drank the anti-gun piss. Mass murders will not decrease, much less stop, if you ban "assault weapons".

oh wait... it doesn't.

now, if you want to address these issues rationally, which NRA brainwashed tend not to want to do, I would think we can all agree that no one who is not in the military needs to have a weapon that fires that many shots at a time without re-loading.

and I think other than the true NRA brainwashed, we can all agree that if someone is on the terrorist watch list, if they try to buy a gun a little red flag should go off

so now do you want to actually comment on the decision or do you want to fling more nonsense?.

Moron...it is exactly because the military has them that we need to have them too...you don't understand him an history so you are talking out of your ass.......

Yep.....just like the Afghani and Iraqi terrorists did with just rifles and improvised bombs...... vs ......Navy Seals, Missiles, bombers, you know...they drove out the most powerful military in the world....but sure....tell yourself we couldn't do the same with even more and better weapons...

Oh, so our military got it's ass kicked and you want to adopt that approach?

You're totally right(Sarcasm), they prefer a higher chance of being shot back at. You're funny. 100% by chance, it's not as though the most recent mass shooting scouted the location multiple times before gunning them all down. I guess he must not have known it was a gun free zone, or he probably would have chosen a place that allows concealed carry, so he could be shot by the patrons(More sarcasm).
Mass shooters are suicidal. They WANT to die. So what makes you think "gun free zone" has fuck-all to do with their choice of target?

It doesn't.

They almost always pick a venue with which they are very familiar. THAT is the primary factor.

Because, asswipe....we have the actual confessions of shooters who were captured, and the notes and videos of shooters who died....they chose gun free zones...

Notes.....from the Sandy Hook shooter, Colorado theater, the guy just captured in Minnesota targeting a mega church, the South Carolina Church shooter and the Santa Barbara shooter....all said they chose gun free zones...to get their body counts up.
Link?

Wrong..I have linked to all of them....they all point out choosing targets after wanting to attack other targets...but the original targets had armed security...the Muslim terrorist specifically stated he was going to target a mega church..because they don't allow guns in churches in America....

Here you go....the actual guy in his own words.......

FBI: Dearborn Heights ISIS supporter planned to attack Detroit church

In conversation's between Abu-Rayyan and the undercover agent, Abu-Rayyan described his desire to commit a martyrdom operation.

The complaint filed in federal court doesn’t specify which Detroit church he was allegedly planning to attack, only that it was close and could seat 6,000 members.

The complaint quotes Abu-Rayyan saying:

“It's easy, and a lot of people go there. Plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church. Plus it would make the news. Everybody would've heard. Honestly I regret not doing it. If I can't do jihad in the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here."

He had also told the undercover agent that a church would be an easy target because people are not allowed to carry guns there and that it would make the news.

Got spanked didn't you.

Can the churches not allow armed people in if they so choose?

So you have nothing about a mandate at all then, thanks.

I'm sorry, waht did you say? Europe

oh wait... it doesn't.

Oh, so our military got it's ass kicked and you want to adopt that approach?

no twit....you said it would be impossible to defeat the American military if they attacked American citizens....you are wrong.....

It doesn't.

Link?

Yes...they do...in fact there have been several mass shootings in churches stopped by people with guns......I stated the muslim terrorist mega church guy said he was going to target the church because American churches don't allow guns......he was not the brightest muslim terrorist since he got caught on wire taps.......

But the church he was targeting...was a gun free zone...

Well I do feel gunfire in church really helps spread the mesage of Christ's love, so I "get" it.

then make all firearms bolt or lever action, 6 round capacity non detachable magazine for both public (police) and private use - the right to bear arms.

How do you enforce that on criminals?
to reduce their availability entirely and putting any person in jail who has one in their possession ... not too hard to understand.

You want to take MY AR-15, because someone else might murder someone with theirs?

Should I give up my car because of drunk drivers?

Fill in my pool to prevent people from drowning?

Stop taking my meds because someone OD'd?

and you seriously believe criminals still won't get them if they are banned?

Read up on the effects of the 18th Amendment, and get back to me.
You want to take MY AR-15 ...

yes, and everyone else that feels they need one.

What scares you about it?

the noise?

it's black and ugly?

They kill?
the reason to have the law is for the blatant greed and stupidity displayed by those who need an automatic weapon and their unstable addiction they are unable control.

Forum List

Back