Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the book---Jesus never claimed to be perfect
? He claimed he was God. By definition that would mean he claimed perfection. Whether you believe he was God or not, if someone claims to be Him he's claiming to be perfect since God doesnt make mistakes.

? He claimed he was God. By definition that would mean he claimed perfection. Whether you believe he was God or not, if someone claims to be Him he's claiming to be perfect since God doesnt make mistakes.
A person CLAIMING to be him is----by definition---psychotic

apparently the guy actually KNELT . well---to me it is a minor faux pas.
sportsmen do things that bother ME----all the time-----Long ago---when
my brothers watched TV baseball----it BOTHERED me that the pitcher
SPIT his tobacco juice incessantly
And you didn't file a lawsuit to get him to stop?
Wrote letters to the commissioner?
Picketed outside the ballfield?
What kind of a lefty are you anyway?? :D

Liberals have little faith other than in government doling and seeing others enjoy their faith causes pearl clutch.
I’m not sure when this country turned to avoiding people feeling discomfort

meh... there is a lot more things to worry about.
Like I say, if a person is actually so outraged by seeing a man standing on the sidelines with his head bowed that they pay lawyers to get it stopped??.... you got issues.
Coerced MINORS to pray

NOT MY CHILDREN

prove it.
Actually, the burden of proof would be on the school to prove that the coach did give favorable treatment to the kids that prayed with him, not to prove that it didn't happen. I expect that if it had been proven that he was giving favorable treatment to the kids that prayed with him, the the court case would have gone the other way, as it should have, but it didn't because proving that he showed favoritism was not part of the case..

To make an analogy, it's Okay for the coach to wear/display a cross necklace while coaching the kids. It's not okay for him to show favoritism in his coaching to kids who also wear cross necklaces. If some kids decide that want to wear cross necklaces because the coach does, then so be it.

Actually, the burden of proof would be on the school to prove that the coach did give favorable treatment to the kids that prayed with him, not to prove that it didn't happen. I expect that if it had been proven that he was giving favorable treatment to the kids that prayed with him, the the court case would have gone the other way, as it should have, but it didn't because proving that he showed favoritism was not part of the case..

To make an analogy, it's Okay for the coach to wear/display a cross necklace while coaching the kids. It's not okay for him to show favoritism in his coaching to kids who also wear cross necklaces. If some kids decide that want to wear cross necklaces because the coach does, then so be it.
Now see... you can't just go on and say things that make a lot of sense like that.
We don't do that anymore.
So just go ahead and pick up a rock like everyone else and start chucking.

IMHO----coaches and teachers in public schools should not wear symbols
of religion-----just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back