Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly after the Supreme Court ruled against school prayer, Schools responded that these prayers were “voluntary”

The Court rejected that claim and ruled that such prayer was coercion and that it unreasonably influences students to participate

Today the Court reversed itself and says these public prayers do not coerce participation

Actually, freedom from religion is very much protected.
Not really. If you want to be a filthy ass child raping Muslim and I don't like it the Constitution is going to protect your right and tell me to go fuck myself.

"Insubordination"

What are you, a hall monitor? I'm an actual school teacher and I'm not the schoolmarm you are.

If you are really a school teacher you would know that conducting public prayer after you were told not to is……Insubordination

He never coerced anyone to join in, they did it on their volition

Perhaps not overtly, but players will do things they may not really want to do just to stay on the good side of the coach. Then when other players are doing it they will question the ones that are not

Your opinion, interpreting the Constitution as it is written is pretty definitive as to the intended meaning

Every ruling claims to interpret the Constitution as it is written.

The only time you all think they did that is when you agree with the ruling.

official duties? Like coaching?
There was no coercion on his behalf

The coach is responsible for the players as long as they are on the field or in the locker room.

No overt coercion, that much seems to be true.

LOL you are overly sensitive and irrational since people are leaving most who doesn't give a shit about a small group praying in the middle of the field.

I wouldn't give it second thought because it doesn't hurt anyone and not my business either.

You must me a liberal who project their sensitivity onto people who don't give a shit about your wommanish feelings.
So, you aren't sensitive about someone kneeling during the national anthem? Forced coercion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back