Supreme Court deals blow to Rebel Flag

holy smokes. these people won't be satisfied until they take away all OUR RIGHTS in this country
drip drip drip all over some freaking flag

If you want a rebel flag on your car, slap it on the bumper. Or in the back window. Or fluttering from your radio antenna. Paint it on the roof like the General Lee.

You have every freedom to express yourself. What you can't do is force the State to express your beliefs.

Right, but the state can force a baker to express your beliefs, right? The state is offering a service for a fee, just like the baker, so why would they be exempt from public accommodation laws?
That's different, because those bakers have been invoking religious freedom, which is at odds with anti discrimination laws...and the bakery is not a religious institution.

Furthermore, this is like complaining about a war on Christmas. You can't swing a dead cat between Novermber and February without knocking over someone's Xmas decorations.

And you can't get from your house to the car without seeing some Confederate flag waving around anywhere in the south.
I've seen them all the way up into Minnesota.

[(1) The South began the war at Ft Sumter, firing on unarmed ships, and even worse, on Old Glory itself at the fort. (2) That made them filthy traitors. (3) They were treated accordingly, and the Old South was executed, never to rise again. Good riddance.

1. That is not exactly how it happen. There was a truce at Ft Sumter that Lincoln broke. He started the war. However, the real war started the day filthy ass Union troops crossed the Potomac River to kill Americans and take away their firearms.

Commentary The Truce at Fort Sumter

2. The traitors were the ones that invaded to kill Americans. Four of the Confederate states were signatories to the Declaration of Independence. The traitors to the Constitution were the Northern Liberals. One third of the Confederate states did not secede for the same reasons that South Carolina did but changed their mind when that lunatic Lincoln said he was going to raise an army to kill Americans.

3. They lost and that was a great tragedy. You can trace the roots of the present day oppressive out of control bloated debt ridden government to the Federal power that Lincoln seized through force.

Last edited:
1. That is exactly how it happened. The South started the war and was executed.

2. The liberals and traitors were the ones that fired on Old Glory, traducing the patriots of old..

3. They lost and that was a great triumph. No longer could states' rights be linked to selling human flesh.

Last edited:
Too bad for the Sons of Confederate Veterans

Supreme Court says states can block Confederate flag license plates

The justices said in a 5-4 decision that Texas' specialty license plate program is a form of government, not private, speech. The First Amendment does not prohibit the state from rejecting some designs, they said.
"States have long used license plates in this country to convey government messages," Justice Stephen Breyer wrote for the majority, which included the court's other more liberal justices along with Clarence Thomas. Just as the state cannot force drivers to espouse a particular message, he said, drivers cannot force a state to espouse theirs.

I'm actually fine with the a confederate flag license plate -- but the plate must read: ISUKDIK for male drivers. And PHUCMYASS for females.

That flag is flying proudly in the South Carolina Capitol just a mile from where innocent blacks were gunned down in a racist murder

South Carolina today...proud of their racist heritage

[(1) The South began the war at Ft Sumter, firing on unarmed ships, and even worse, on Old Glory itself at the fort. (2) That made them filthy traitors. (3) They were treated accordingly, and the Old South was executed, never to rise again. Good riddance.

1. That is not exactly how it happen. There was a truce at Ft Sumter that Lincoln broke.

Fuck off with your stupid bullshit history.

No credible history book, scholar, document backs that shit up.

The south were a bunch of traitors.

They lost.

They got their ass handed to them.

Fuck off.

In solidarity with my heritage I am changing my Avatar.
Your heritage is a four year period where your ancestors started a war in support of slavery and got their asses kicked?

My great, great great grandfather never own a slave in his life but he joined the 5th Florida Regiment when the filthy union threaten to attack his state and threaten his family.

He fought at the Battle of Olustee when an invasion force of filthy union troops were trying to kill Floridians. He later fought at the defense of Richmond when the the filthy union army was trying to kill Southerners. He was in the Battle of Cold Harbor.

His letters are in the library at the University of Florida. You should go read them. It will tell you a lot more about the reasons the Southern patriots fought than that stupid Jr High School history book that you read that was written by the winners.
One of the things I'm quite guilty of is rockin' my General Sherman avatar on this site when a southern White Nationalist comes along, but you seem like a reasonable fellow.

Another thing I'm guilty of is comparing the morality of 1850's southerners with that of today regarding the justifications for secession written by southerners before the war, especially those of South Carolina and Texas.

I've read a great deal about the etiquette practiced by slave owners, that many ignored, and many think was the standard, I'm not apologizing for any of it, but within that concept the southern slave owners were no more evil on average than anybody else, at any period in our history.

You call the Union soldiers "filthy" and I half expected you to call them "blue bellied devils"...but they too were no more evil than any other invading army tends to be. Robert E. Lee once said 'it is good that war is terrible, otherwise men would grow fond of it.'. The accounts you may have grown up with could be equally romantic in the reverse.

It was a terrible time in America between 1865-1880. Lot's of young civil war vets with PTSD running wild and lawless.

That said...there is no way out of the facts that the North cared less about abolition than they did using that cause to win the war, and there is no doubt that the south seceded over the state's rights issue of the legality of slave ownership

Right, but the state can force a baker to express your beliefs, right? The state is offering a service for a fee, just like the baker, so why would they be exempt from public accommodation laws?
You are complaining about PA laws...what have you done to get them repealed in your state?

No, I'm complaining that a state when engaged in for profit activities are not held to the same standards as any other business.
The state isn't in a for profit activity...

Vanity license plates are sold for a profit, just because those profits go into state coffers doesn't mean it's not a for profit activity. They sell the rights to private companies through license agreements. I posted a link to one of those companies web site.
Nope, not for profit, it's considered a fee....unless you want to show us the state's profit line and business license.

Of course it's considered a fee, yet they license the rights to make and sell the tags to private companies at a profit, aren't you tired of government not following the laws they pass for everyone else. I damn sure am, and I will be telling my state reps about it.

Last edited:
Your heritage is a four year period where your ancestors started a war in support of slavery and got their asses kicked?

My great, great great grandfather never own a slave in his life but he joined the 5th Florida Regiment when the filthy union threaten to attack his state and threaten his family.

He fought at the Battle of Olustee when an invasion force of filthy union troops were trying to kill Floridians. He later fought at the defense of Richmond when the the filthy union army was trying to kill Southerners. He was in the Battle of Cold Harbor.

His letters are in the library at the University of Florida. You should go read them. It will tell you a lot more about the reasons the Southern patriots fought than that stupid Jr High School history book that you read that was written by the winners.
One of the things I'm quite guilty of is rockin' my General Sherman avatar on this site when a southern White Nationalist comes along, but you seem like a reasonable fellow.

Another thing I'm guilty of is comparing the morality of 1850's southerners with that of today regarding the justifications for secession written by southerners before the war, especially those of South Carolina and Texas.

I've read a great deal about the etiquette practiced by slave owners, that many ignored, and many think was the standard, I'm not apologizing for any of it, but within that concept the southern slave owners were no more evil on average than anybody else, at any period in our history.

You call the Union soldiers "filthy" and I half expected you to call them "blue bellied devils"...but they too were no more evil than any other invading army tends to be. Robert E. Lee once said 'it is good that war is terrible, otherwise men would grow fond of it.'. The accounts you may have grown up with could be equally romantic in the reverse.

It was a terrible time in America between 1865-1880. Lot's of young civil war vets with PTSD running wild and lawless.

That said...there is no way out of the facts that the North cared less about abolition than they did using that cause to win the war, and there is no doubt that the south seceded over the state's rights issue of the legality of slave ownership

One of the things that the Jr High School history text book written by the winners fail to mention is that the act of secession was not an act of war. The act of war was when Lincoln broke the truce at Ft Sumter with the intent of creating hostilities and he accomplished that goal. He did it without approval of Congress or even with the council of his Cabinet. The real war started the day the sonofabitch sent Union troops to attack Americans.

There are two dimensions to the cause of the war that the Jr High school history text books written by the winners fails to mention.

First is the fact that the North was trying to raid the cash rich South by the imposition of tariffs on the exports of cotton and tobacco to Europe. The North had a couple of recessions (Panics) and they used their majority in Congress to create redistribution of wealth and the South didn't like that oppression. The same thing we see with the Libtards nowadays. Now that didn't affect the average Southern but it did affect he more powerful political leaders.

Second the issue of slavery was a bogus issue for the most part. Slavery was legal in the US for almost 100 years before the war, during the war and for almost a year after the war. However, the issue of slavery was used as a political tool for power in Congress.

During this time there was expansion into the west and the issue of if a new state was going to be admitted would it be free or slave. If it was going to be admitted as free then it was going to be dominated by Republicans and if slave Democrats. That would strengthen the corresponding parties influence in Congress and the governemnt. The great slave debates and speeches in Congress were nothing more than typical political posturing for power. We see the same kind of crap nowadays.

If the war was fought to free the slaves as the Jr High School Histry text says then why did one third of the Confederate states first decide not to leave for the same reasons as SC but changed their mind after that lunatic Lincoln declared he was going to raise an army and kill Americans for the political act of secession? Why was slavery allowed to exist in the US during the war? Why was slavery even exempted in the US from the Emancipation Proclamation in many areas like West Va and occupied New Orleans? Why was DC fortified with slave labor during the war? Why did Lincoln himself say that the war was not fought to free the slaves but "to save the Union"?

The average Southerner during this time (like my Grandfather(3) mentioned above) did not fight for the political reasons. They fought against an Union invasion. They fought to protect their homes from the filthy ass Union troops. There is a lot of evidence of that but it is always ignored by the Jr High School History text written by the winners.

After the deaths of almost a million Americans and the destruction of a third of the country it is too little and too late but the US government owes the people of the South a major apology. The issues of secession could have been settled over time without war if it wasn't for that lunatic Lincoln. That man was crazy.

Last edited:

One of the things that the Jr High School history text book written by the winners fail to mention is that the act of secession was not an act of war. The act of war was when Lincoln broke the truce at Ft Sumter with the intent of creating hostilities and he accomplished that goal. He did it without approval of Congress or even with the council of his Cabinet. The real war started the day the sonofabitch sent Union troops to attack Americans.

There are two dimensions to the cause of the war that the Jr High school history text books written by the winners fails to mention.

First is the fact that the North was trying to raid the cash rich South by the imposition of tariffs on the exports of cotton and tobacco to Europe. The North had a couple of recessions (Panics) and they used their majority in Congress to create redistribution of wealth and the South didn't like that oppression. The same thing we see with the Libtards nowadays. Now that didn't affect the average Southern but it did affect he more powerful political leaders.

Second the issue of slavery was a bogus issue for the most part. Slavery was legal in the US for almost 100 years before the war, during the war and for almost a year after the war. However, the issue of slavery was used as a political tool for power in Congress.

During this time there was expansion into the west and the issue of if a new state was going to be admitted would it be free or slave. If it was going to be admitted as free then it was going to be dominated by Republicans and if slave Democrats. That would strengthen the corresponding parties influence in Congress and the governemnt. The great slave debates and speeches in Congress were nothing more than typical political posturing for power. We see the same kind of crap nowadays.

If the war was fought to free the slaves as the Jr High School Histry text says then why did one third of the Confederate state first decide not to leave for the same reasons as SC but changed their mind after that lunatic Lincoln declared he was going to raise an army and kill Americans for the political act of secession? Why was slavery allowed to exist in the US during the war? Why was slavery even exempted in the US from the Emancipation Proclamation in many areas like West Va and New Orleans? Why was DC fortified with slave labor during the war? Why did Lincoln himself say that the war was not fought to free the slaves but "to save the Union"?

The average Southerner during this time (like my Grandfather(3) mentioned above) did not fight for the political reasons. They fought against a Union invasion. They fought to protect their homes from the filthy ass Union troops. There is a lot of evidence of that but it is always ignored by the Jr High School History text written by the winners.

After the deaths of almost a million Americans and the destruction of a third of the country it is too little and too late but the US government owes the people of the South a major apology. The issues of secession could have been settled over time without war if it wasn't for that lunatic Lincoln. That man was crazy.

Treason

Flash, that was a waste of time and a support of treason. The act of secession indeed was a treasonous act of war.

[Q

Treason

Just like the Colonists were "treasonous" against the King of England?

The Union is not a suicide pact. It is also not like the Mafia where once you get in you can never get out.

There are very very few reasons for the American government to kill Americans. Secession doesn't even come close to meeting the moral criteria for mass slaughter of Americans.

If the State of Texas was to secede from the Union nowadays and even if they took over possession of Ft Hood and Ft Bliss that would not be any moral justification to kill them.

Of course Moon Bats have a very distorted and convoluted sense of morality so no telling what the bastard think.

Forum List

Back