Supreme Court hands Biden victory, allows end to 'Remain in Mexico' policy

As a Christian I support it.
What does being a Christian have to do with it? All a person needs to do is to come to a port of entry and claim asylum. Why support illegal entry? Do you also support drug smuggling and gangs illegally entering?

What does being a Christian have to do with it? All a person needs to do is to come to a port of entry and claim asylum. Why support illegal entry? Do you also support drug smuggling and gangs illegally entering?

I have no desire to chase you down your rabbit hole. I support the law that has been the law forever and to you that means I support drug smuggling.

There is nothing illegal about coming here to seek asylum. It is fully laid out in the Constitution. What other Constitutional items do you wish to do away with?

And it was an EO. Following administrations have always been allowed to overturn previous EO's.
But there’s a process for doing that and specific reasons. That’s not being followed

Supreme Court hands Biden victory, allows end to 'Remain in Mexico' policy​

This was actually not a win for Biden. All this ruling did was establish what we already knew. And that is, a president is granted the authority to establish US foreign policy.

This actually hurts Biden because he no longer can blame Trump for the mess he has created on the southern border. It’s all on him now.

I have no desire to chase you down your rabbit hole. I support the law that has been the law forever and to you that means I support drug smuggling.
If you support the law, why do you seem to support illegal entry into the U.S.? That is also the law. People who sneak over our borders are called illegal aliens. Why do you support illegality? Does your Christianity tell you to break the law?

If you support the law, why do you seem to support illegal entry into the U.S.? That is also the law. People who sneak over our borders are called illegal aliens. Why do you support illegality? Does your Christianity tell you to break the law?

They come for jobs. I am all for addressing that. As I have pointed out over and over and over and over and over and over, we will not. Since we will not. I am not going to get upset of the one who commits a misdemeanor so the one who commits a felony can get cheap labor and gets away with it.

They come for jobs. I am all for addressing that. As I have pointed out over and over and over and over and over and over, we will not. Since we will not. I am not going to get upset of the one who commits a misdemeanor so the one who commits a felony can get cheap labor and gets away with it.
OK then why can't they come to a point of entry? I am all for legal immigrants getting work visas.

Because then they are here legally and can demand legal wages and won't get hired.
More than 2 million unauthorized migrants came across the Mexican border in December and this year. Some turned themselves in, some were apprehended and some were 'got aways.' It was never the intention of our border policy and laws to handle that kind of influx. The result is thousands upon thousands of unidentified illegal aliens flooding the country. Heroin seizures are up 113% as well. Cocaine seizures increased 28%. Meth and fentanyl are also coming across the border along with criminals and unknown foreign nationals. So, don't tell me they're all coming here looking for work.

More than 2 million unauthorized migrants came across the Mexican border in December and this year. Some turned themselves in, some were apprehended and some were 'got aways.' It was never the intention of our border policy and laws to handle that kind of influx. The result is thousands upon thousands of unidentified illegal aliens flooding the country. Heroin seizures are up 113% as well. Cocaine seizures increased 28%. Meth and fentanyl are also coming across the border along with criminals and unknown foreign nationals. So, don't tell me they're all coming here looking for work.

Our immigration was never intended to turn a blind eye to millions of employers hiring illegals.

We address that or I really don't care.

Our immigration was never intended to turn a blind eye to millions of employers hiring illegals.

We address that or I really don't care.
Businesses which hire illegals should be held accountable.

What percentage of the 2 million were arrested for smuggling drugs? Your percentages aren`t telling us anything.

The law is the law. It is neither left or right, it simply is. It's been this way forever.
The laws are only as good as they are being interpreted, so if a change in interpretors happens, then the laws will be twisted and interpreted to mean different things to different people's. You know what I'm talking about Lefty.

Businesses which hire illegals should be held accountable.

Big deal. They are not and they will not be. I've told this story before.

Everyone is all gaga over DeSantis now. You know, he will be tough on illegals and all.

A couple months ago my son moved to Florida. Got a job the first day he looked. He calls me after getting paid complaining about the long lines at the check cashing place. (he didn't have a bank yet). I told him that people were getting their checks cashed and probably sending money back to Mexico at the same time. He laughs and says there is a big sign "We send money to Mexico".

Florida passed a "mandatory e-verify bill". The only problem is it wasn't. First if completely exempted agriculture. Second the actual requirement was the employee had to be willing to sign a form stating they were here legally. That's it.

DeSantis wasn't about to do anything about employers hiring illegals. Florida's economy would have crashed if anything was actually done.

Despite Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ so-called commitment to crack down on the hiring of illegal aliens in Florida, a Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) spokeswoman told the Orlando Sentinel that no enforcement measures have been taken against any employers since the bill took effect on January 1, 2021.

State agencies were already required to use E-Verify under an executive order by DeSantis’ predecessor, Rick Scott. However, SB 664 requires state and local governments, their contractors and subcontractors, and private employers to use E-Verify or use an I-9 to determine the immigration status of potential employees. For any hire made after January 1, the documents must be kept on file for three years.

While the state E-Verify requirement is a good step forward, the lack of tangible enforcement for perpetrators is problematic as there is no way to ensure that illegal aliens aren’t being hired. An earlier version of the bill would have allowed DEO to randomly audit businesses to check for compliance and impose $500 fines. However, those measures were removed under pressure from big business lobbies before it was passed.

Because of this arm-twisting, the bill has faced some criticism from E-Verify advocates who seek more aggressive measures to enforce the law. Florida State Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R- Howey-in-the-Hills) said, “It’s a fake bill. It’s paper thin. It’s window dressing. It’s a bill to make it looked like we passed E-Verify in the state of Florida.”

Florida E-Verify Lacks Enforcement

Desantis!! DeSantis!! DeSantis...........what a fraud.

The laws are only as good as they are being interpreted, so if a change in interpretors happens, then the laws will be twisted and interpreted to mean different things to different people's. You know what I'm talking about Lefty.

The law as posted has been the law forever. There is no way to interpret it's specifically stating out that you can come here illegally and still apply for asylum.

Again, someone that believes only "lefties" can understand simple language. Maybe you are right. It's not left or right to post a law. It is simply that. Posting the law.

Forum List

Back