Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes more cancer treatment

It's always been said pancreatic cancer is a death sentence.

I hope she lives a lot longer, but she really needs to do what's best for the country, and step down.

Nah....she needs a good dirt nap. As long as she's got a pulse they'll scream like hell if Trump tries to replace her.

She's getting close and it looks like it's gonna be cancer.

Jo

Yes, she may have earned a retirement, though don't cash Ruth out just yet. What surprises may her genome hold at that age?! What can cutting-edge cancer therapy from Sloane-Kettering tell us about future internal applications of radiotherapy in geriatrics?! Ruth's pancreas rt may be cutting-edge, and the tumor was localized, not metastatic.

Aug 2019 Pancreatic Cancer / Proton Radiotherapy
Proton beam therapy for tumors of the upper abdomen. - PubMed - NCBI
'....does not deposit a dose beyond the tumor....'

The earlier lung nodules were likely caused by the physical trauma of broken ribs.

She'll be Swiss cheese in six months.

Jo

She needs to retire, and concentrate on her health.

U.S. Justice Ginsburg treated for pancreatic cancer

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy to treat a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The 86-year old justice, who has had previous cancer scares, tolerated the therapy well and no further treatment is required, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

An abnormality was first detected in July, and the tumor was identified following a biopsy performed on July 31 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

"She canceled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule," Arberg said.

I agree. But hey, talk about going out with your boots on! I just couldent will my self to live like that. So, for her own good I hope the reaper comes to SCOTUS here soon. I would love to watch the libtards melt down while Trump appointed another justice. The shit storm would be epic.

I hope she lives a lot longer, but she really needs to do what's best for the country, and step down.
You mean do what is best for you....not the country.

That said she is a sharp tough old bird. I don’t see her departing that quickly. It isn’t her first cancer rodeo and it was caught early.

At her age she has a 2% chance of living five more years.
And having had cancer already going five years is even more unlikely.
It ain't about being tough in this case.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy to treat a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The 86-year old justice, who has had previous cancer scares, tolerated the therapy well and no further treatment is required, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

An abnormality was first detected in July, and the tumor was identified following a biopsy performed on July 31 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

"She canceled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule," Arberg said.

Another one. Damn she must not have much of a pancreas anymore, let alone any grey material. But she is holding on, but in 2020 I bet with her dying breath, she will curse the democrat party for putting up such shitty candidates, that couldn't replace her.

She should have retired when Obama was still in office.
She's the poster girl for people who can't face reality, and let go.

She was waiting for the hildabeast

Another one. Damn she must not have much of a pancreas anymore, let alone any grey material. But she is holding on, but in 2020 I bet with her dying breath, she will curse the democrat party for putting up such shitty candidates, that couldn't replace her.

It's sad that her life is so tied to politics that she has nothing in life to enjoy beyond her job. I pity her.

It's sad that her life is so tied to politics that she has nothing in life to enjoy beyond her job. I pity her.

I doubt that she enjoys it
She's just a left wing lunatic

You mean do what is best for you....not the country.

That said she is a sharp tough old bird. I don’t see her departing that quickly. It isn’t her first cancer rodeo and it was caught early.

She's 89, frail, ill health, and she has one of the absolute most important jobs in the nation. Time to ride out in the sunset.

Wishing death for a person over politics. Just because someone has a differing point of view doesn't mean you can't respect them for all the accomplishments they have made in life, and especially not hope they die. Kind of on the same ground as not being happy McCain died because he was honest about his dislike of Trump.
I doubt there are many people who wish her death. Im a republican and i feel bad for her. She served our nation for a long time, and even if i dont agree with her political leanings, that doesnt mean shes the devil. She deserves our respect, but that doesnt mean we cant also be happy about snatching up another SC seat.

Wishing death for a person over politics. Just because someone has a differing point of view doesn't mean you can't respect them for all the accomplishments they have made in life, and especially not hope they die. Kind of on the same ground as not being happy McCain died because he was honest about his dislike of Trump.
I doubt there are many people who wish her death. Im a republican and i feel bad for her. She served our nation for a long time, and even if i dont agree with her political leanings, that doesnt mean shes the devil. She deserves our respect, but that doesnt mean we cant also be happy about snatching up another SC seat.

I have absolutely no doubt that some of the people here actually do wish death on her. No doubt about it whatsoever. Most are the same people that went from supporting McCain, to hating him for not liking Trump, and then celebrating his death. Flat out ugly,

I have absolutely no doubt that some of the people here actually do wish death on her. No doubt about it whatsoever. Most are the same people that went from supporting McCain, to hating him for not liking Trump, and then celebrating his death. Flat out ugly,

Most people who didn't like McCain, didn't like him long before Trump came along, mostly because he betrayed his party at every opportunity.
RBG should retire, but she won't for political reasons.
So, if death is the only way that she will leave, So be it.

Most people who didn't like McCain, didn't like him long before Trump came along, mostly because he betrayed his party at every opportunity.
His stance against MMA in the early years really pissed me off.

So much so that he won the Republican nomination to run for President? Come on... even if these specific people didn't like him then, it doesn't make it any less classless to celebrate his death. It is her RIGHT to stay in the job as long as she wants, that's how the Supreme Court works. It is a LIFE-TIME appointment.

Forum List

Back