Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes more cancer treatment

IMG-4461.jpg

"
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg just completed three weeks of radiation therapy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York after doctors found a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, the U.S. Supreme Court revealed in a statement released Friday (Aug. 23). Her treatment went well and doctors found no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body.

Ginsburg began her treatment in early August, less than a year after undergoing surgery to remove one lobe of her lung that had cancerous lesions. Doctors discovered the lesions when treating Ginsburg after she
fell and broke three ribs. The justice recovered from her broken ribs and lung surgery and continues to maintain a busy schedule even after this latest health issue, NPR reported. "

Ruth Bader Ginsberg Just Completed Another Cancer Treatment, and She's Good to Go.

Let the battle begin.

She needs to retire, and concentrate on her health.

U.S. Justice Ginsburg treated for pancreatic cancer

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy to treat a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The 86-year old justice, who has had previous cancer scares, tolerated the therapy well and no further treatment is required, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

An abnormality was first detected in July, and the tumor was identified following a biopsy performed on July 31 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

"She canceled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule," Arberg said.

U.S. Justice Ginsburg treated for pancreatic cancer
Sorry to hear it. She's done really well so far, but she's got to feel like shit.

Yep, I don't wish what she's dealing with on anyone.

I'm already sick of the several weeks of wall to wall cable tv mourning and sickening tributes we will be subjected to.
And she's not even dead yet.

Somehow if another justice on the right is nominated and pass we will see a current justice move to the left in voting. Swampitis you know!

I'm already sick of the several weeks of wall to wall cable tv mourning and sickening tributes we will be subjected to.
And she's not even dead yet.

Just wait 'til she goes tits up: It's will be weeks of praise and then the Pope will officially declare her a saint.

Probably the Patron Saint of ̶A̶b̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ Murdered Babies or something.

Yes, she may have earned a retirement, though don't cash Ruth out just yet. What surprises may her genome hold at that age?! What can cutting-edge cancer therapy from Sloane-Kettering tell us about future internal applications of radiotherapy in geriatrics?! Ruth's pancreas rt may be cutting-edge, and the tumor was localized, not metastatic.

Aug 2019 Pancreatic Cancer / Proton Radiotherapy
Proton beam therapy for tumors of the upper abdomen. - PubMed - NCBI
'....does not deposit a dose beyond the tumor....'

The earlier lung nodules were likely caused by the physical trauma of broken ribs.

It's always been said pancreatic cancer is a death sentence.

I hope she lives a lot longer, but she really needs to do what's best for the country, and step down.
You mean do what is best for you....not the country.

That said she is a sharp tough old bird. I don’t see her departing that quickly. It isn’t her first cancer rodeo and it was caught early.

Forum List

Back