Supreme Court reportedly sounds ready to side with Hobby Lobby

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-reportedly-sounds-ready-174042478.html

GOOD! I am no christian and I don't think corporations are people but requiring a business to pay for an employee to murder their baby is idiotic.

Do explain how taking a birth control is murdering a baby, dipshit.

They aren't arguing against birth control. Only four medications that cause abortions. HL is quite satisfied with birth control.

But catholics wouldn't be OK dispensing even birth control. You can't tell one religion "yes" and another "no" on the same issue and question of legality and freedom of religion.

I don't envy the Justices on this one. Pandora's Box will be opened.

The entire question would not even be up for discussion or angst on behalf of Justices if we had universal healthcare paid for from a public pool collected from sales taxes on soda, tobacco & booze. But oh God no. We can't have that. What would small businesses do with all that new money freed up not having to provide healthcare for employees? Oh, maybe hire some more people? Not like we have a jobless problem or anything...

We are allowing private insurance moguls to rip our country asunder, right down to the Constitution.

Last edited:
Kagan pointed out that the fine for not providing insurance should be lowered. Then the company could just not provide ANY health care coverage and pay the fine which would be less than the cost of coverage. All those employees would lose what coverage then have to go over to the exchange, which covers fewer medications across the board.

Last edited:
Insurance companies have nothing to do with a private enterprise judging what they will and will not pay for. They offer coverage or they don't.

• Banned
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-reportedly-sounds-ready-174042478.html

GOOD! I am no christian and I don't think corporations are people but requiring a business to pay for an employee to murder their baby is idiotic.

Already answered.

The employer doesn't pay for it. He pays the employee. The employee pays for it.

Nope. They are talking about employees covered under HL's health plan.

The employer doesn't pay for it. He pays the employee. The employee pays for it.

How incredibly fucking stupid you are.

I mean, you really are a stupid motherfucker.

Honest to God, you should just kill yourself and get it over with.

Ah yes...a Pro-Lifer. :eusa_whistle:

But catholics wouldn't be OK dispensing even birth control. You can't tell one religion "yes" and another "no" on the same issue and question of legality and freedom of religion.

The entire question would not even be up for discussion or angst on behalf of Justices if we had universal healthcare paid for from a public pool collected from sales taxes on soda, tobacco & booze. But oh God no. We can't have that. What would small businesses do with all that new money freed up not having to provide healthcare for employees? Oh, maybe hire some more people? Not like we have a jobless problem or anything...

We are allowing private insurance moguls to rip our country asunder, right down to the Constitution.
Bull shit. Freedom of religion is not Pandora's box. You don't like it? Start your own company and use your profits to abort children.

Last edited:

Already answered.

Nope. They are talking about employees covered under HL's health plan.

Every sperm is sacred.

Insurance companies have nothing to do with a private enterprise judging what they will and will not pay for. They offer coverage or they don't.

On an 'equal playing field' that would be true, but the Government already has it's tentacles so entwined in Insurance companies through regulations and laws till Insurance Companies are slaves of politicians.

"...collected from sales taxes on soda, tobacco, & booze." You seem to have figured out a good way for someone else to pick up the tab for your universal health care.

BTW, no one, prior to Obamacare, was ever forced to deal with any evil health insurance mogul. And, no one has prevented all of you who fume over the ripoffs in the health insurance game, from getting together and creating an honest, compassionate, non profit health insurance corporation that does not rip our country asunder.

"Free Enterprise" is just a myth in the United States Of America today, maybe the whole effing World!

It's really more like NAZIism or Fascism, Private citizens or incorporated private citizens own the companies, but the Government controls almost every aspect of the operation of the companies through regulations, labor laws, and "tax incentives". ("You do this, we give you this" "You don't do this, we take this")

It will be hilarious to watch Scalia vote against his own court case.

Guess when it's an American Indian religion, the law counts.

And doesn't when it a Christian one!

Forum List

Back