Supremes: Hobby Lobby wins

Ahh, now I know the butthurt is ripe among the left. My good dear Jillian is tossin negs like a dinner salad.

Thanks hun, made me smile

I think you murked her, grampa.

The poseur faux attorney doubtless hasnt grasped what the decision means. But Rachel Maddow told her it was the end of women's rights in this country so she believes it.

Well let's say my religious beliefs say that my employer should pay for a woman's contraception and abortions. So if a woman with the same religious belief as I have works for your dad, wouldn't your dad be infringing on her religious beliefs?

Remember that the 1st amendment grants a person the ability to practice whatever religion they want or no religion at all.
Let's pretend money grows on trees.. REALLY?? REALLY?? What the fuck religion says you have to have an abortion paid for and birth control? Don't waste my fucking time by making up shit and make believe religions to try and fit a square peg in a round hole..

oh we dont have to make anything up. All we have to do is wait till the first muslim group want exempt from something because of their faith because they dont like a current law.

It will happen, and you will flip you mind because of it, and i will laugh my ass off at you people. Once again you are too busy thinking short term win to even consider the long term affects.

this is why you people are dangerous.

Does your obamacare cover crises counseling?

Let's pretend money grows on trees.. REALLY?? REALLY?? What the fuck religion says you have to have an abortion paid for and birth control? Don't waste my fucking time by making up shit and make believe religions to try and fit a square peg in a round hole..

oh we dont have to make anything up. All we have to do is wait till the first muslim group want exempt from something because of their faith because they dont like a current law.

It will happen, and you will flip you mind because of it, and i will laugh my ass off at you people. Once again you are too busy thinking short term win to even consider the long term affects.

LMFAO!!!!!:badgrin::badgrin:

I feel the same way about same sex marriage. What's next......bi sexual who wants to marry a man and a woman?

Having said that...this ruling is so narrow it doesn't leave much wiggle room to be able to run with it.

thanks for your "expertise".

It rates as good as your expertise....well maybe better....your expertise is acting like a nine year old and only capable of trolling. Bless your heart, darlin'.

no it really doesn't except in your fantasy world,

now from an intelligent man who actually understands this case, unlike theocrats like you:

from the Rev. Dr. Welton Gaddy:

If the high court adopts the narrow-minded approach of the religious right, the religious and legal landscape will become almost unrecognizable. What happens when the rights traditionally reserved for individuals are extended to corporations? Left up to the religious whims of employers and private individuals, the civil rights advancements for racial and religious minorities, women and the LGBT community will most certainly be eviscerated. Private establishments could be granted the right to refuse service to customers who have been divorced or have had abortions, who commit adultery or fail to live up to a limitless number of potential religious standards. Nearly any business regulation could be challenged on religious grounds, and judges will be forced to make ecclesiastical evaluations or allow our entire legal code to crumble.

A Truly Conservative View of Religious Freedom*|*Rev. Dr. C. Welton Gaddy

now run along, troll.

Conservatives in this thread are acting like this decision won't open Pandora's box.

Well, it's supposed to be a narrow ruling applying ONLY to "some kinds" of birth control...

And I've got swampland in Florida to sell you.

I feel the same way about same sex marriage. What's next......bi sexual who wants to marry a man and a woman?

Having said that...this ruling is so narrow it doesn't leave much wiggle room to be able to run with it.

No, it would be polygamists wanting to do that and that has nothing to do with gays having equal access to civil marriage. Bisexuals still usually fall in love with only one person at a time, just like the rest of us...they are just lucky enough not to care much about the package that love comes in.

It rates as good as your expertise....well maybe better....your expertise is acting like a nine year old and only capable of trolling. Bless your heart, darlin'.

now from an intelligent man who actually understands this case, unlike theocrats like you:

If the high court adopts the narrow-minded approach of the religious right, the religious and legal landscape will become almost unrecognizable. What happens when the rights traditionally reserved for individuals are extended to corporations? Left up to the religious whims of employers and private individuals, the civil rights advancements for racial and religious minorities, women and the LGBT community will most certainly be eviscerated. Private establishments could be granted the right to refuse service to customers who have been divorced or have had abortions, who commit adultery or fail to live up to a limitless number of potential religious standards. Nearly any business regulation could be challenged on religious grounds, and judges will be forced to make ecclesiastical evaluations or allow our entire legal code to crumble.

now run along, troll.
Wow, we're worried we might have an outbreak of freedom in this country.

:cuckoo:

The faux poseur attorney turns to a blog because she can't formulate her own thoughts.

now run along, troll.
Wow, we're worried we might have an outbreak of freedom in this country.

:cuckoo:

The faux poseur attorney turns to a blog because she can't formulate her own thoughts.

Good point Rabbi.. Why wouldn't an attorney make her own argument in regard to this ruling? The rest of us have and we're not attorneys.

ill have to look.....are you having a moment buttercup? need to talk to someone?

And so what? If someone is a devout Muslim, no law should infringe upon their right to practice Islam.

If a woman voluntary chooses to live in submission as a devout Muslim --- that's her choice.

And so what? If someone is a devout Muslim, no law should infringe upon their right to practice Islam.

If a woman voluntary chooses to live in submission as a devout Muslim --- that's her choice.

because our laws trump your faith.
your faith does not give you blanket to do whatever you want. Scotus just welcomed chaos to the land....
Enjoy the win people....its going to be fun

now run along, troll.

Huffington post is sporting him as"emerging as a progressive moderate Baptist leader".

Time for you to get back to your sandbox, darlin'.

Last edited:

ill have to look.....are you having a moment buttercup? need to talk to someone?

I like you much better when you're sweet. Well, I'm having a wonderful day. Are you going to celebrate Independence Day?

Liberals in this thread are acting as though we young women don't have access to birth control or can't afford it somehow??

Conservatives in this thread are acting like this decision won't open Pandora's box.

What sort of cascade do you foresee?

It's all about precedent. It's the same reason I hate Obamacare. This ruling sets a present that can cause a further grief. How many other religions, both new and old, will now start claiming exemptions from certain business laws based on the grounds of "religious freedom".

Hell, all I have to do is get whatever religion I can dream up acknowledged by the state, and I can ignore whatever business laws I fucking want.

your faith does not give you blanket to do whatever you want. Scotus just welcomed chaos to the land....
Enjoy the win people....its going to be fun

That pesky constitution says you can't force people to offer or pay for an abortion drug. If that drives you to think Armageddon is next month, umm, uh, did you check on that crisis counseling? You can still buy it. You didn't lose any right. The only thing you lost was trying to force me to do something I don't want to because of my religious beliefs. Kinda like Conscientious objectors. Why don't you force them to join the military and kill.

Last edited:
have you gone insane, gramps?

i think you have.

dismissed.
Just trolling again, darlin'?

You know how narrow this ruling has been written.

i know what it says, and i know you aren't smart enough to understand what it means, "darlin'"
I fully understand it's perimeters, you don't have to have a mail order lawyer certificate to understand it, darlin', could you run and get me a cup of jo and a ham sammich please?

No.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back