Supremes: Hobby Lobby wins

Libruls act as though something changed today within the US Constitution.. it didn't... that's the beauty of today.. The Justices upheld the right to freedom of religion.. it was your boy King who tried to destroy that basic and cherished freedom.

Liberals in this thread are acting as though we young women don't have access to birth control or can't afford it somehow??

Conservatives in this thread are acting like this decision won't open Pandora's box.

And idiots in this thread are acting like that isn't the fault of the overreach of obamacare to begin with.

You idiots created this mess. It is all yours

Libruls act as though something changed today within the US Constitution.. it didn't... that's the beauty of today.. The Justices upheld the right to freedom of religion.. it was your boy King who tried to destroy that basic and cherished freedom.

Again, it's about what could occur down the road. Will it happen? I don't know I can't predict the future. However, the precedent that Corporations can have religious beliefs is scary to me.

Oh goodness, I was maybe off by $100. So sue me. Even if it's a better long term solution, it's a large up front cost.

Even still, on the high end it is cheaper than paying for contraceptives over a decade.

And why would I sue you? I'm not the kind of guy who likes to make spectacles out of people.

It's an expression. An old one albeit but I thought you would get it.

Perhaps you haven't grasped the art of facetiousness yet. I know what it meant. Still doesn't change the fact your argument (and your math) is wrong.

Again, it's about what could occur down the road. Will it happen? I don't know I can't predict the future. However, the precedent that Corporations can have religious beliefs is scary to me.

The precedent of owners and businessmen not having any religious beliefs is even scarier.

Liberals in this thread are acting as though we young women don't have access to birth control or can't afford it somehow??

Conservatives in this thread are acting like this decision won't open Pandora's box.

Oh? So, what did Obamacare do? The IRS? I could list a number of things that liberals did to "open Pandora's box" despite insistence to the contrary.

My dad is a corporation.. He owns a business.. He's not entitled to say no to something that goes against a sacred belief because your belief system is what?? More important than his????

You damn Christians are obstructing Utopia. Expect a visit from the BLM at your drinking fountain at work to straighten you out.

A women has 16 choices for herself. :eusa_whistle:

Do you get your hard on pills for free?

How many of those 16 choices are made from the same hormone Plan B is made out of?

When I finish my on line pharmacy class, I'll get back to you.
Until then, 16 are covered and there are 4 that aren't. The 4 can terminate a pregnancy, which the other 16 don't.

Plan B does not terminate a pregnancy. You don't need a pharmacy degree to know that.
Also preventing implantation is not terminating a pregnancy, it is preventing one. The Sperm may fertilize an egg, but a pregnancy doesn't start until it implants. That aside, if they don't like preventing implantation so be it. They don't want to cover Plan B, go right ahead. At least be honest about what this fight was over.
Ella is also only preventing ovulation.
Like every other form of oral contraception, it is using a pharmacy made hormone which mimics a hormone your body already produces into thinking you are pregnant, so you don't ovulate.
This was a political fight and political decision. It meant nothing. One could even figure out how to do the same thing Plan B does using the birth control they cover. This fight all had to do with their disagreement over ACA.

So if an employer claims God told them contaceptives are bad, they don't have to follow the law. But if they simply think contraceptives are stupid as a form of compensation, they're shit out of luck?

Curiouser and curiouser.

My dad is a corporation.. He owns a business.. He's not entitled to say no to something that goes against a sacred belief because your belief system is what?? More important than his????

No but his belief system doesn't supersede mine either. However, today's ruling beg the differ.

I really wish some right wingers would learn what they are fighting against, and not just listening to what they are fed.

Last edited:
Here's what really gets me about this FAUX outrage.. you can get an IUD or morning after pill at Planned Parenthood, the Health Dept.. This isn't about anything other than libruls demanding to squash freedom of religion.. I am a young woman who uses birth control.. I have MULTIPLE avenues to do that..I've yet to hear from ONE, just one liberal woman who will say she does not have any access to birth control.. SPEAK UP SANDRA FLUKES.. let's hear it.

Well, it's supposed to be a narrow ruling applying ONLY to "some kinds" of birth control...

And I've got swampland in Florida to sell you.

No but his belief system doesn't supersede mine either. However, today's ruling beg the differ.

How is my dad infringing on your religious beliefs by not paying for what he would consider to be, an abortion, ie the morning after pill? Tell me and do be specific.

How many of those 16 choices are made from the same hormone Plan B is made out of?

When I finish my on line pharmacy class, I'll get back to you.
Until then, 16 are covered and there are 4 that aren't. The 4 can terminate a pregnancy, which the other 16 don't.

Plan B does not terminate a pregnancy. You don't need a pharmacy degree to know that.
Also preventing implantation is not terminating a pregnancy, it is preventing one. The Sperm may fertilize an egg, but a pregnancy doesn't start until it implants. That aside, if they don't like preventing implantation so be it. They don't want to cover Plan B, go right ahead. At least be honest about what this fight was over.
Ella is also only preventing ovulation.
Like every other form of oral contraception, it is using a pharmacy made hormone which mimics a hormone your body already produces into thinking you are pregnant, so you don't ovulate.
This was a political fight and political decision. It meant nothing. One could even figure out how to do the same thing Plan B does using the birth control they cover. This fight all had to do with their disagreement over ACA.
If you use the scientific definition...you may be right, but the religious definition is the moment of conception. This is the crux of the argument regarding Hobby Lobby. They didn't feel they should be coerced to offer it through the ACA. The Supreme Court agreed.

I'm still waiting for any ovulating liberal woman to tell me she has no access to birth control.

How is my dad infringing on your religious beliefs by not paying for what he would consider to be, an abortion, ie the morning after pill? Tell me and do be specific.

Well let's say my religious beliefs say that my employer should pay for a woman's contraception and abortions. So if a woman with the same religious belief as I have works for your dad, wouldn't your dad be infringing on her religious beliefs?

Remember that the 1st amendment grants a person the ability to practice whatever religion they want or no religion at all.

Forum List

Back