Supremes: Hobby Lobby wins

If my boss is Jehovah's Witness, will the insurance he provides have to cover blood transfusions? If my boss is Southern Baptist and my child needs stem cell therapy, will the insurance he provides be required to cover it?

The Conservatives are crowing about this Hobby Lobby decision. Well, crowing right up until they are forced to realize that the religious knife cuts deeper than contraceptives.

They are too shortsighted and myopic to realize anything.

that pretty well describes you and the rest of the left wing toads. Freedom----what a terrible concept:cuckoo:

The right only wants freedom for themselves, no one else.

Excellent!

Libs losing double. It's a good day.

Doesn't that mean that Obamacare gets tossed onto the scrap heap?

ObamaCare does not hinge on contraception.

True, Hobby Lobby only applies to closely held corps in any event. Not a broad decision, actually. And mandated birth control coverage does infringe on the religious exception in the Constitution, no way around that issue.

Sharia Law is based on religious beliefs and doctrines. If the Court has held that religious 'laws' can be exempted from having to adhere to other protected rights in the Constitution,

then Sharia law becomes superior to the Constitution.

Where is the "protected right" of free contraception and morning after pills being provided by corporations in the US Constitution?

The protected right is equal treatment under the law.

Under this ruling, everyone has the equal right to receive whatever healthcare benefits their employer chooses to provide.

I'd love to read the actual ruling, but it was a no brainer for anyone familiar with the First amendment. The idea that the Federal Government can force people to act contrary to their religious beliefs is absurd.

Say what?

Court strikes a blow to religious freedom

In a blow to Native Americans — whose religious traditions predate the U.S. Constitution — the Supreme Court ruled 6-3 on April 17, that there is no constitutional right to use peyote as part of religious rituals. Peyote, which contains the hallucinogenic drug mescaline, is a central part of Indian religious ritual. The federal government and 23 states permit peyote to be used for that purpose.

The Supreme Court case involved two Oregon men, Galen W. Black and Alfred C. Smith, who were denied unemployment benefits after they were fired from their jobs at a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. They were fired because they ingested peyote at a ceremony of the Native American Church, of which they were members.

I'd love to read the actual ruling, but it was a no brainer for anyone familiar with the First amendment. The idea that the Federal Government can force people to act contrary to their religious beliefs is absurd.
People or corporations? Suddenly, through this ruling, we find that corporations have religious rights. Have you ever seen a corporation in your church sanctuary?

Family owned businesses, not Corporations.

omg.. EPIC meltdown starting.. :badgrin::badgrin:

I know this is hard for you but think about it.

You get cancer, you expect your company's insurance plan to cover it. However, the corporation says it's against their religion to cover any cancer treatments. Well now they have legal precedent to do that. So they save money and you die. How is that okay? I am shocked how so many conservatives are excited about this. Your company now has legal precedent to let you die. Did you even think about that?

Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

Why are you depending on someone else to make your health decisions for you?

Do they make your auto care decisions for you? No. You buy your own auto insurance.

Do they make your home care decisions for you? No. You buy your own home insurance.

So why the ever loving fuck do you let someone else make decisions for you that are far more important, like health care decisions?

You should be getting nothing more than a paycheck from your employer, and you should be deciding for yourself what kind of health insurance you need. What kind of dumb shit willingly gives up power over his own life and turns it over to the GOVERNMENT?

Huh?

What kind of retard does that?

And then you double down on your retardation and get all mystified and upset when someone manages to capture the government agencies who control your life and proceeds to fuck you over? Really?

The solution should be as obvious as the nose on your idiot face. Take responsibility for your own life. Take it back from the corrupt fucks you handed it over to.

Unfortunately, I can't rep you for this excellent argument. Though I might have toned down the rhetoric a little.

I want all you numbnuts who love government controlling your lives to think real hard about what you have done by supporting ObamaCare.

You have to buy that insurance through a government gateway from an insurance company the government allows through the gateway, and you have to buy what the government tells you to buy, and you can only visit doctors where the government says you can, and the insurance company is only allowed to make the profit the government decides it can make.

Even the dumbest of the dumb these days is aware that big money is able to capture centralized power extremely easily. So take a good look at each of the parts I bolded. Those are all going to be captured by special interests, and those who capture those levers of control over your life are going to fuck you over.

A day is going to come when you are directly affected by this. You are going to be screaming and crying in frustration at the gigantic bureaucratic nightmare you cannot fight. One which you demanded. You gave up control over your own life and handed it to the faceless, remote powers who are now fucking you in the ass.

You stupid idiots created whole new rivers of corruption. Don't be shocked when it happens.

Don't demand even MORE government intervention. You are addicted to government like crack addicts, and you can't see how it is destroying your lives even more.

Last edited:
Possibly, but I doubt it.

It is.

It has opened the door to religious discrimination.

This was an extremely stupid ruling.

It's nonsense.

I want you to do me a favor. Take this out of the insurance argument.

Let me ask you this: Lets say that someday a company is founded by a Muslim that becomes, lets say, a nationwide chain of car dealerships. As we know, Muslims have a big problem being subordinate to a woman.

Could a company that is completely privately held by a Muslim family, find religious footing to not promote women?

Now?

Of course it could.

This is why this decision is so shockingly bad.

They are too shortsighted and myopic to realize anything.

that pretty well describes you and the rest of the left wing toads. Freedom----what a terrible concept:cuckoo:

wrong again, the right wants freedom for everyone. Opportunity for everyone, Equality for everyone--------------and, personal responsibility for everyone.

What scarres you libs is that real freedom includes both the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. It scares you because deep down inside you know that if the scales are balanced you will always lose, so you need a nanny govt to wipe your sorry ass.

Cons to women: We want you bare foot and pregnant.

The dirty little secret is that it's mostly hip liberal men who talk their conquests into hiring someone to kill the unborn life inside them. The Supreme Court merely affirmed the right of the people not to be forced to pay for the carnage.

People or corporations? Suddenly, through this ruling, we find that corporations have religious rights. Have you ever seen a corporation in your church sanctuary?

I know you guys like to demonize corporations. But you still refuse to acknowledge the facts that corporations as groups of people.

Somehow though, we lose our rights to speech and religion if we join a group in your eyes.

Closely held corporations can have a religious viewpoint.

10269456_885399068140256_3768058801859772430_n.jpg

It is.

It's nonsense.

Let me ask you this: Lets say that someday a company is founded by a Muslim that becomes, lets say, a nationwide chain of car dealerships. As we know, Muslims have a big problem being subordinate to a woman.

Could a company that is completely privately held by a Muslim family, find religious footing to not promote women?

Sure.

Now you can answer a question.

Why would a woman, knowing she may not receive a promotion because she is a woman, choose to work for your hypothetical Muslim Company?

It is.

It's nonsense.

Now?

Of course it could.

See, I don't think it does. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But I think it's just something that applies to insurance

It is.

It's nonsense.

Now?

Of course it could.

Would anyone be forced to do business with that muslim company? Could it survive with no customers? The free market works, if you don't like Hobby Lobby stay out of their stores.

wrong again, the right wants freedom for everyone. Opportunity for everyone, Equality for everyone--------------and, personal responsibility for everyone.

What scarres you libs is that real freedom includes both the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. It scares you because deep down inside you know that if the scales are balanced you will always lose, so you need a nanny govt to wipe your sorry ass.

Are you for same sex marriage? You pro choice? How about shorter sentences for non violent crimes? Legalizing marijuana? Or any drug for that matter?

It is.

It's nonsense.

If it was a muslim company wholly owned by a muslim family all management positions would be held by Cousin Mustafa or Uncle Ahmed. The question of promotion would never come up.

Forum List

Back