Supremes: Hobby Lobby wins

Awesome. Now we can all die because a corporation can assert that their religion prevents them from covering blood transfusions and life saving procedures. While they laugh their asses off to the bank knowing they lied, got Americans killed, and take in more profits.

This country is heading to third world status fast.

That is what Christianity is all about, saving life, not ending life.

Sharia Law is based on religious beliefs and doctrines. If the Court has held that religious 'laws' can be exempted from having to adhere to other protected rights in the Constitution,

then Sharia law becomes superior to the Constitution.

Where is the "protected right" of free contraception and morning after pills being provided by corporations in the US Constitution?

Yep. It is outrageous that the government can force a corporation to provide perqs like health insurance to their employees, much less birth control.

A corporation owes a worker nothing more than a paycheck in exchange for their services. It is the individual's right to determine how that paycheck is spent, not the government's. I can't believe people are retarded enough to want the government to make their decisions for them.

Last edited:
Awesome. Now we can all die because a corporation can assert that their religion prevents them from covering blood transfusions and life saving procedures. While they laugh their asses off to the bank knowing they lied, got Americans killed, and take in more profits.

Oh the drama...

Sharia Law is based on religious beliefs and doctrines. If the Court has held that religious 'laws' can be exempted from having to adhere to other protected rights in the Constitution,

then Sharia law becomes superior to the Constitution.

Where is the "protected right" of free contraception and morning after pills being provided by corporations in the US Constitution?

The protected right is equal treatment under the law.

A national corporate chain doesn't have to pay their employees a decent wage or health benefits.

Great ruling, Supreme Court! You've made morons happy.

Easy...

I think the unpopularity of the ruling will be a net gain for the DEMS in the long run. Nobody has to pay a decent wage or benefits before this ruling or after. The only thing that is new now is that a company like Hobby Lobby that is owned by one family--just like the local dry cleaner--doesn't have to cover 4 types of contraception.

Again, appearance is reality in politics and since it looks like a loss; it is a loss for the Administration.

That's a profoundly terrible ruling.

I agree, although I say that with the caveat that I haven't read the decision in its entirety.

On the other hand, conservatives should be thrilled that it's a small win, in principle,

for Sharia Law.

It's about religious freedom. The government can still provide contraceptive services but they can't force private citizens to violate their religious beliefs. It's a shame that low information lefties don't know the difference between the 1st Amendment and Sharia law.

omg.. EPIC meltdown starting.. :badgrin::badgrin:

I know this is hard for you but think about it.

You get cancer, you expect your company's insurance plan to cover it. However, the corporation says it's against their religion to cover any cancer treatments. Well now they have legal precedent to do that. So they save money and you die. How is that okay? I am shocked how so many conservatives are excited about this. Your company now has legal precedent to let you die. Did you even think about that?

Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

It was also a warning bell that the government is on some pretty shaky ground in the Little Sisters of the Poor case.

You get cancer, you expect your company's insurance plan to cover it. However, the corporation says it's against their religion to cover any cancer treatments. Well now they have legal precedent to do that. So they save money and you die. How is that okay? I am shocked how so many conservatives are excited about this. Your company now has legal precedent to let you die. Did you even think about that?

Again, you are wrong. HL never said that it wouldn't cover ANY contraception. They cover everything but four kinds. If you imagine that every insurance company covers every kind of cancer treatment you would be wrong there too. Every policy has exclusions.

Hmmm, 5 justices agreed that people, even shareholders in a corporation, have a fundamental right to exercise their religious beliefs, and the govt can only interfere with that if it has a really good reason and the interference is the least intrusive means for furthering that really good interest.

Hmmm, where have we heard this before? Anyone? .... Anyone? ..... Anyone? DOMA.

Wow..

By the time the grand son of the last founding father died; nobody had ever heard of company sponsored healthcare insurance--nobody would for likely another 50-70 years.

Leave the founders out of this.

All that it says is that Hobby Lobby didn't have to pay for 4 types of contraception.

Pump the brakes.

It's a pretty small victory; Hobby Lobby will have to cover some forms of contraception; it applies to 4 types.

However,
Appearance is a reality in Politics and it looks like a defeat for the Administration so it is.

It's worse than that.

Much worse.

Possibly, but I doubt it.

It is.

It has opened the door to religious discrimination.

This was an extremely stupid ruling.

It's nonsense.

Forum List

Back