Survivor. Are you watching?

Seriously?

If they vote Cochran off, the jury won't vote for Dawn? Do they vote for Erik instead? What has he done to earn the votes?

Or do they vote for Eddie just because he managed to survive when he was slated to go over and over?

I would vote for Eddie or Erik over Dawn simply because they don't have a big jaw and big white teeth and crazy-looking blue eyes, and they don't wear a black and white plaid top that looks like a little girl's sundress, and they don't cry all the time and get theatrical and make grotesque faces and stab their closest ally in the back at the drop of a hat.

For those reasons alone I would pick Eddie or Erik over Dawn.

Last edited:
Stabbing well is strategy. That's theoretically a path to victory. Something to tout at the final tribal.

Somewhere else I read suggested that Dawn could be in the same boat Coach found himself in. I didn't see Coach's first season but they said that everyone took his betrayals especially personally because so many felt so close to him. And lots of people have sure felt comfortable telling all to Dawn only to find themselves walking out the door.

On a tangential note, I always keep in mind the editing. The whole season is in the can and the final votes cast before we see the first episode.

Dawn can still make a case for honesty -- as much honesty as can be expected of someone who makes it to the end on Survivor. For instance, she didn't hide her attachment to Cochran. She even reminded them of it. And still people were unguarded around her as they talked about voting Cochran out.

Dawn can still make a case for honesty -- as much honesty as can be expected of someone who makes it to the end on Survivor. For instance, she didn't hide her attachment to Cochran. She even reminded them of it. And still people were unguarded around her as they talked about voting Cochran out.

Did Cochran get any votes Wednesday night? It was 2 Eddie, 3 Brenda, and who?

Don't forget everyone...the finale and reunion show is this Sunday! As much of a fan as I am, I've actually gotten busy and distracted on a Sunday in the past and lost track of time and almost forgot!!!! It's just not a part of my usual Sunday routine. Speaking of which, I need to program the recording of it before I forget! : )

Last edited:
Losing her teeth originally was probably a trauma. Deep impact on her relationship with the world. In the first moments of panic after losing her teeth in the water and thinking about opponents -- and the nation -- seeing her toothless? I do not hold her reaction against her for that.

But everybody else just ignored her, except for Brenda, and I know it's just a game, but she (Dawn) doesn't show any loyalty, the way she was ready to vote against Brenda. She's a drama queen and I can't stand all that boo-hoo-hooing.

I was really disappointed that Brenda got voted out, I was rooting for her. It was kinda like bad luck that she won that damn challenge, because she would have been booted out either way. If she had been greedy and had decided to go ahead and enjoy her dad and her sister and the BBQ, they would have used the excuse that she was selfish, and since she did give it up for the rest, they used the excuse that she was trying to get them to like her more.

Well, that's life. Now, I'm hoping that Eddie will win the next immunity and that they take either Dawn and Cochran out. Sherri might be good to take to the end, I don't think she would win it, and it will be between Eddie/Eric and either one is okay with me.

Don't forget everyone...the finale and reunion show is this Sunday! As much of a fan as I am, I've actually gotten busy and distracted on a Sunday in the past and lost track of time and almost forgot!!!! It's just not a part of my usual Sunday routine. Speaking of which, I need to program the recording of it before I forget! : )

It seems that the finale has always been on Mother's Day.

I was really disappointed that Brenda got voted out, I was rooting for her. It was kinda like bad luck that she won that damn challenge, because she would have been booted out either way. If she had been greedy and had decided to go ahead and enjoy her dad and her sister and the BBQ, they would have used the excuse that she was selfish, and since she did give it up for the rest, they used the excuse that she was trying to get them to like her more.

Well, that's life. Now, I'm hoping that Eddie will win the next immunity and that they take either Dawn and Cochran out. Sherri might be good to take to the end, I don't think she would win it, and it will be between Eddie/Eric and either one is okay with me.

I didn't buy it when Brenda claimed that she would have fought harder in the immunity challenge if it had been against Eddie. They are all too smart to EVER feel safe and "give up" on a challenge, even if it wasn't outright jumping into the water. She was tired and her hands were slipping, so Dawn legitimately won it, even if Brenda wants to make it seem like she sort of handed it to her. Bullshit.

I didn't buy it when Brenda claimed that she would have fought harder in the immunity challenge if it had been against Eddie. They are all too smart to EVER feel safe and "give up" on a challenge, even if it wasn't outright jumping into the water. She was tired and her hands were slipping, so Dawn legitimately won it, even if Brenda wants to make it seem like she sort of handed it to her. Bullshit.

I never said that Dawn didn't win the challenge, and yes, Brenda seemed to want to offer up an excuse as to why Dawn won, but I still think that winning the reward challenge put Brenda at a disadvantage no matter which way she would have gone. But she had no way of knowing in advance what a slippery slope winning that challenge would turn out to be.

I never said that Dawn didn't win the challenge, and yes, Brenda seemed to want to offer up an excuse as to why Dawn won, but I still think that winning the reward challenge put Brenda at a disadvantage no matter which way she would have gone. But she had no way of knowing in advance what a slippery slope winning that challenge would turn out to be.

My comments aren't a challenge to your statements...I was just responding to the fact that she could have saved herself from "being booted out either way" by winning the challenge. I'm sure her mind was racing in regards to the reward dilemma, but in the end she was outwitted.

My comments aren't a challenge to your statements...I was just responding to the fact that she could have saved herself from "being booted out either way" by winning the challenge. I'm sure her mind was racing in regards to the reward dilemma, but in the end she was outwitted.

Yes, she was, and yes, the only way you can guarantee not being booted out is with an immunity idol/necklace. Brenda got over confident, and her biggest mistake was thinking that those you think you are closest to you won't turn on you. I still don't like Dawn, something about her over dramatic boohoo-ing all the time. She's doesn't demonstrate the toughness required for Survivor and had to be cuddled and encouraged the whole time and then she turned on the one that encouraged her the most. But who knows how and why the jury votes as they do. She could end up winning.

Heaven forbid if Dawn wins. Yuck and Blech.

Survivor fans and past survivors should know by now to NOT TRUST ANYONE. Ever. And when you win a challenge like the one Brenda won...DON'T SHARE! It's a game. Take the winnings from each challenge and glory in it.

She was a veteran player. Presumably she'd seen many seasons of the show. She should have known in advance how tricky a win on the family visit challenge would be.

She was a veteran player. Presumably she'd seen many seasons of the show. She should have known in advance how tricky a win on the family visit challenge would be.

Brenda probably went further than she actually deserved, she wasn't a strong player, not one I would have chosen at the beginning. And the loved-ones challenge was exceptionally cruel this time - other times it was just taking some alone and leaving others behind, but this time she had to leave herself behind. Seems like she was doomed whatever she chose. Had she known in advance perhaps she would not have played so hard.

Never ever ever ever put other players in front of your own family or your own self. Not in Survivor. She should have battled Dawn for the idol, and stood firm on visiting with her dad at the barbque.

Never ever ever ever put other players in front of your own family or your own self. Not in Survivor. She should have battled Dawn for the idol, and stood firm on visiting with her dad at the barbque.

Yep, but I think she's a bit of a competitor and that is why she played so hard to show her dad how good she was. Ended up to her disadvantage. I think that if she had thought Dawn was going to turn on her, she might have tried a bit harder at the immunity challenge. She was able to outlast everyone in that underwater challenge, and then Andrea on that long challenge standing on that skinny beam, so I don't think beating Dawn would have been that hard.

Yep, but I think she's a bit of a competitor and that is why she played so hard to show her dad how good she was. Ended up to her disadvantage. I think that if she had thought Dawn was going to turn on her, she might have tried a bit harder at the immunity challenge. She was able to outlast everyone in that underwater challenge, and then Andrea on that long challenge standing on that skinny beam, so I don't think beating Dawn would have been that hard.

Oh, I think she purposely let Dawn win. But she didn't want Dawn's only immunity challenge win to just be given to her. She wanted Dawn to think she'd really, really won. So she didn't agree to just jump off when Dawn brought the topic up. She continued to hang on for a while and then pretended she couldn't hang on anymore so Dawn could think she really won.

That makes it even worse that Dawn betrayed her.

I also think that Brenda's father has tried to impart some very high values. Such as his advice to her on coming to the show...be humble. I don't think he meant "pretend" to be humble. I think he meant to actually BE humble.

So, obviously, she was trying to live up to those kinds of standards when she gave the reward to the others. She wanted to make her Dad proud.

Yeah, Dawn needs to go. Who was it that helped Dawn find her fucking teeth that time and comforted her when she was hysterical? That was Brenda, wasn't it? All the more reason Dawn needs to go.

Although, I suppose it would be wise to keep her until the end, I don't think she has a chance of winning against Eddie, Erik or Cochran. She's just too...slimey.

Forum List

Back