Survivor. Are you watching?

Well now we know the special powers that the mysterious immunity idol has and Tony is brilliant. :)

I was sorry to see Jeremiah go as I liked him, but oh well. Somebody has to go every week. I was glad Woo wasn't voted off.

That is an amazingly powerful idol! How often have we seen someone play their hidden immunity idol when it wasn't necessary. This one, no need to throw it away like that. Of course, it may save you one week and then you can be voted out the next. You still need to play the game, even with an awesome advantage like that in hand.

I'm liking Tony and Spencer. Probably Tony because he works hard at the game. Spencer is more likeable but doesn't necessarily deserve to win over Tony. They need to start winning the immunity challenges, especially Tony! Has he ever won one? The longer he can hang onto that idol without having to play it, the greater his odds of getting to the end. Obviously.

Spencer has a bit of a temper.

Tony gets paranoid, but hell, players always do. The floaters don't worry so much because they are firmly attached to groin hairs. Like Trish. And Jeffra. And Kass.

Spencer has a bit of a temper.

Tony gets paranoid, but hell, players always do. The floaters don't worry so much because they are firmly attached to groin hairs. Like Trish. And Jeffra. And Kass.

lol "firmly attached to groin hairs" I like that. :) I never like to see the groin-hair clingers win. I like to see the players win.

Tony is rockin' it with idols and Tasha is rockin' it in challenges. I'm glad Woo is still in there too. Jefra isn't a very good player but I dislike Cass very much, and Trish a close second. Spencer still sulks too much.

Final three..Woo, Tony, Tasha

Looks like next week is going to be interesting....Tony nearly has it sewed up....with one idol he can play before, and one he can play after the votes are cast...he can't very well lose.
But, he may need to take Trish or Kass to the end in order to win...I don't think one person in the jury likes him. However, I've seen the jury vote for someone they didn't like when they realize the person played a good game, and Tony is playing all of them.

I felt bad for Spenser, after spending his $500, he ended up with a white rock....he's just not as savvy a player as Tony...oh well, he managed to stay on another week, he's going to have to come up with a miracle to stay one more week....and Tasha, can she keep winning immunity, if she can pull it off again, she may very well be in the final three, she deserves it a lot more than Trish/Woo or Kass, and has won a whole lot more than Tony.

I'm so glad Spencer made it through. I'd love to see him and Tasha get to the final four. Tony? Hate him as much as I did Russell Hantz.

Tasha is amazing in the immunity challenes - 3 in a row now isn't it?

I don't dislike Tony. He's actually playing a smart game and I think the other players might be inclined to reward him for that if he makes it to the final 3. He doesn't say crappy things about the others like Russell did, and hasn't really been all that underhanded or mean to anybody.

Tasha or Tony. I would be ok with either one. I like Woo's personality but so far, he is not making major moves.

I'm so glad Spencer made it through. I'd love to see him and Tasha get to the final four. Tony? Hate him as much as I did Russell Hantz.

Tony's ways are a bit annoying, but nothing like Russell. That Russell made it to the final and didn't win just shows how too much can be too much....I don't think Tony has reached that point.

Tasha has been a tough player and if she and Tony made it to the end she would win. Unfortunately, the floaters will carry Tony to the end, and they are worse.

Tony's ways are a bit annoying, but nothing like Russell. That Russell made it to the final and didn't win just shows how too much can be too much....I don't think Tony has reached that point.

Tasha has been a tough player and if she and Tony made it to the end she would win. Unfortunately, the floaters will carry Tony to the end, and they are worse.

I'm not so sure Tasha would win though she would probably get some votes. She has been great in the immunity challenges and she is a pleasant and likable person. But she hasn't played the game like Tony has. She hasn't made the big moves or taken the big risks. Tony has. And if the person isn't a reprehensible a-hole in the process, the jury tends to reward that kind of skill. Remember Richard Hatch was not the most lovable guy in the first Survivor, but the jury rewarded him with the win because he was the smartest player that year. Ditto Boston Rob the year he won.

I'm not so sure Tasha would win though she would probably get some votes. She has been great in the immunity challenges and she is a pleasant and likable person. But she hasn't played the game like Tony has. She hasn't made the big moves or taken the big risks. Tony has. And if the person isn't a reprehensible a-hole in the process, the jury tends to reward that kind of skill. Remember Richard Hatch was not the most lovable guy in the first Survivor, but the jury rewarded him with the win because he was the smartest player that year. Ditto Boston Rob the year he won.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last night's show was great. Tony annoys me sometimes but overall I like him. He is definitely playing a smart game. Tasha is doing great in the challenges. I wouldn't mind seeing Tasha, Tony and Woo as the three finalists at all.

Last night's show was great. Tony annoys me sometimes but overall I like him. He is definitely playing a smart game. Tasha is doing great in the challenges. I wouldn't mind seeing Tasha, Tony and Woo as the three finalists at all.

Right now that is my preference too. Tasha, Tony, and Woo as the final three. And I could be happy for whoever got the win.

And remember....they all think he is in construction with no clue he is a cop...so he is thinking like a cop. Once they all find out, it will fall into place he played the way he did cuz that is what he does NOT playing a game. It's his job.

Yes, you are right...there have been times when a person, regardless of how slick they were in lying and back stabbing, was still given the win....but, like Russell Hantz, they were so mad at him they didn't vote for him at the end.

His manipulative, cunning and emotionally abusive demeanor, especially towards the women (who he alternately insulted and charmed) enabled him to make it to the Final Tribal Council on two separate occasions. But it also caused him to receive the ire of the Jury, denying him of the title of Sole Survivor.
Russell Hantz - Survivor Wiki

True, that Tony is not that despicable, but LJ and Sarah are really disgusted with him, and almost everyone voted out after them, was because of Tony....no telling whether or not some of them can hold a grudge and overlook his playing skills.

I have no problem with Tony winning, but someone that uses the kinds of lies he does, I don't feel like they are playing the "social" part that well whereas Tasha hasn't really alienated anyone so far.

All Tasha has done is win immunity challenges. And I suspect her luck in that regard is due to run out. She doesn't really play the game other than that. And Woo...what exactly has Woo done? Nothing that I can think of.

The one thing that came to my mind is that this would have been kind of a boring season without Tony. He is running this game. And even though I tend to dislike cops, I like Tony. He's ALIVE. Most of the others seem kind of dead. They like to lay around in the water and think that they have the numbers so they don't have to do anything. Boring.

I CAN'T WAIT to see their faces when they think they're voting out Tony and he plays that special immunity idol AFTER the votes are read! And one of them is voted out instead! That's going to be a riot.

Yep, Tony IS this season of Survivor. I hope he wins.

Last edited:

Yes, you are right...there have been times when a person, regardless of how slick they were in lying and back stabbing, was still given the win....but, like Russell Hantz, they were so mad at him they didn't vote for him at the end.

His manipulative, cunning and emotionally abusive demeanor, especially towards the women (who he alternately insulted and charmed) enabled him to make it to the Final Tribal Council on two separate occasions. But it also caused him to receive the ire of the Jury, denying him of the title of Sole Survivor.
Russell Hantz - Survivor Wiki

True, that Tony is not that despicable, but LJ and Sarah are really disgusted with him, and almost everyone voted out after them, was because of Tony....no telling whether or not some of them can hold a grudge and overlook his playing skills.

I have no problem with Tony winning, but someone that uses the kinds of lies he does, I don't feel like they are playing the "social" part that well whereas Tasha hasn't really alienated anyone so far.

But don't you think the 'lies' are just playing the game? It is after all the kind of game that you have to manipulate and fool people to your own advantage because somebody has to be eliminated every week until the final three. So other winners have done it. And those who have done it the most effectively without violating too much trust or without pissing too many folks off have been rewarded by the jury.

I used to just shake my head at the heavy religious demonstrations in some previous seasons where various candidates were appealing to a higher power to help them. I have to wonder about a higher power that would help folks scheme, manipulate, cheat, and lie their way to success. :) But that ultimately is the very nature of Survivor.

Forum List

Back