Are you equipped for lawn maintenance?

Iam not sure. Never tried.
I am thinking that if two of the three conditions for starting are met, the seat switch alone will not kill the engine.

So you can get out of the seat as long as the blades are not engaged and the parking brake is set, but if you do it with the blades engaged or the brake not set, it should kill the engine because it thinks you have fallen off.

If you are just mowing and you move off the switch, it should kill the engine- at least that's how my sisters JD works because she complained if she bounces around in the seat too much it will shut down.

It shouldn't start without an operator in the seat, unless it has been modified...

I am thinking that if two of the three conditions for starting are met, the seat switch alone will not kill the engine.

So you can get out of the seat as long as the blades are not engaged and the parking brake is set, but if you do it with the blades engaged or the brake not set, it should kill the engine because it thinks you have fallen off.

If you are just mowing and you move off the switch, it should kill the engine- at least that's how my sisters JD works because she complained if she bounces around in the seat too much it will shut down.

It shouldn't start without an operator in the seat, unless it has been modified...
I think it will also. The seat switch apparently only operates if the blades are engaged.

Forum List

Back