Are you equipped for lawn maintenance?

That's why their deck metal is thicker mil than Husqvarna, amirite? :D
LOL, let me know when1 gauge causes any noticeable difference in performance. I've had both and the Husqvarna is head and shoulders above the JD. But it makes absolutely no difference to me whether you buy one or the other. Whatever turns your crank.

LOL, let me know when1 gauge causes any noticeable difference in performance. I've had both and the Husqvarna is head and shoulders above the JD. But it makes absolutely no difference to me whether you buy one or the other. Whatever turns your crank.
Like I said, I've had both. I kept the John Deere.

Both were reliable and cut good. The ernge mower had a 48" cut and the green only 38-42" or something like that.

I like the footpedals better. IMO, one has more control with a Deere.

The turning on both is good. They both cut good when running properly and are both pretty sturdy.

John Deere has a foot accelerator/decelerator. :04:

Last edited:
hahahah phew? i'm a dumb woman- say what? :D I'm parking it for the year- we get really cold? now the big question? should I put fuel stablizer in the gas? we used to? i've heard no. since when?
Yes absolutely you should use fuel stabilizer unless you are going to use all the gas in the can immediately. I never do that with my yard equipment- I fill 2x 5-gallon cans of gas at a time, and it lasts me a long time.

You should also use non-ethanol fuel in all your gas powered yard machines if it's available in your area.

Most "it ran fine last year and now it won't start" complaints are due to water in the gas, and ethanol eating up gaskets and o-rings. Nowadays we are seeing plastic carburetors, never run ethanol through one of those!

Okay to put ethanol in your car, but leave it out of your gas cans!

Gasoline and (especially ethanol mix) is hygroscopic (it absorbs moisture from the air) and so the fuller the gas cans are, the less air in them, and the less water you can get in the gas. End of the season, empty or fill the cans- try to avoid storing half-full cans over the winter.

Last edited:
Yes absolutely you should use fuel stabilizer unless you are going to use all the gas in the can immediately. I never do that with my yard equipment- I fill 2x 5-gallon cans of gas at a time, and it lasts me a long time.

You should also use non-ethanol fuel in all your gas powered yard machines if it's available in your area.

Most "it ran fan last year and now it won't start" complaints are due to water in the gas, and ethanol eating up gaskets and o-rings. Nowadays we are seeing plastic carburetors, never run ethanol through one of those!

Gasoline and (especially ethanol mix) is hygroscopic (it absorbs moisture from the air) and so the fuller the gas cans are, the less air in them, and the less water you can get in the gas. End of the season, empty or fill the cans- try to avoid storing half-full cans over the winter.
Meh, I just put 93 in my yard stuff. I just got fresh gas and still haven't run out the old gas. Next cut, probably. I need oil. Curse the oil bastards!
Oil went up during Bush and never came down. Ever. Not even like it should have with Trump. :nono:
Idk what I'm gonna find tomorrow, but I need oil and gonna get it.
It might cost me $12, Thanks, Bush/Obama/Biden/Harris.

Meh, I just put 93 in my yard stuff. I just got fresh gas and still haven't run out the old gas. Next cut, probably. I need oil. Curse the oil bastards!
Oil went up during Bush and never came down. Ever. Not even like it should have with Trump. :nono:
Idk what I'm gonna find tomorrow, but I need oil and gonna get it.
It might cost me $12, Thanks, Bush/Obama/Biden/Harris.
I remember buying oil at Wards before they closed for 29 cents a quart. I never dreamed we would see the prices we see today.

Like I said, I've had both. I kept the John Deere.

Both were reliable and cut good. The ernge mower had a 48" cut and the green only 38-42" or something like that.

I like the footpedals better. IMO, one has more control with a Deere.

The turning on both is good. They both cut good when running properly and are both pretty sturdy.

John Deere has a foot accelerator/decelerator. :04:
Both have foot controls. The Husqvarnas are available with fabricated decks at a lower price level than the JD's, and diff-locks too. So it just depends on the particular machine.

The entry level machines use the same engines, same transaxles, same electrical components, there is very little difference between them beyond the color of the shells.

I have terrain to deal with, and next year I will be in the market for a riding mower. I will probably go with a Husqvarna because the starting point for a machine with a locking diff is $1000 less than the comparable JD.

Edit: I take that back- that $1000 difference was the old days. It's more like $4000 now. The cheapest JD with diff-lock is the X570 and lists for $7,899 on JD's website. The comparable 48" Husqvarna is the TS248XD at $3,899.

Last edited:

Most "it ran fine last year and now it won't start" complaints are due to water in the gas, and ethanol eating up gaskets and o-rings. Nowadays we are seeing plastic carburetors, never run ethanol through one of those!

I just use 93 octane in all my stuff. That way there's a cushion to degrade, maybe. :auiqs.jpg:

I gotta get oil. Oil went up in the Bush days and never came down. What's up with that?

Quarts of oil.

The cheapest oil I see here is $5.39/qt. Is there some cheaper oil somewhere?

That's ridiculous, it should be tied to the price of barrels.

Bush fucked the diesel pricing, too.

For since the early 20th century (1900s ya know)

diesel fuel is a byproduct of gasoline and was always a little over 1/2 the price of gas.

W. comes along and poof! Now diesel costs more than gas and that fucks everybody.

Everything wasn't designed to run like that.

"Clean diesel". W. should be hanged for the traitor that he is, and his daddy too.

Last edited:
I remember buying oil at Wards before they closed for 29 cents a quart. I never dreamed we would see the prices we see today.
Yeah, you know that was back when you had to have church keys for quarts of oil.
And maybe the jam in spout. :banana:

It was in a paper can with tin on both sides.

Kinda like uh..Grand's biscuits.

I had an aunt that liked those. Yeah, whether her mom's were hard or soft, I liked hers better.

She'd put that dough on the counter and attack it with a rolling pin and..

Sometimes it wasn't so great. Even if they peeled the skin off the roof of my mouth and left it feeling

waxy, I still prefer my grandma's biscuits. Sometimes they'd be great! Other times notsomuch.

Sometimes I bet if I threw one at the window, it would break.

Here's the thing though:

After seeing how hard she worked on them biscuits, pfft, boy, you can't fault her for that.

Last edited:
Edit: I take that back- that $1000 difference was the old days. It's more like $4000 now. The cheapest JD with diff-lock is the X570 and lists for $7,899 on JD's website. The comparable 48" Husqvarna is the TS248XD at $3,899.
I should say the comparable Husq is the TS348 XD, since the 248 is not made anymore (not sure why it's still on Husq's website). The TS348XD is the current model and $4,699, so $3K less than the JD.

That is still a huge difference and it's pretty hard for me to justify paying a $3K premium for a green paint job...

I should say the comparable Husq is the TS348 XD, since the 248 is not made anymore (not sure why it's still on Husq's website). The TS348XD is the current model and $4,699, so $3K less than the JD.

That is still a huge difference and it's pretty hard for me to justify paying a $3K premium for a green paint job...

I seem to see things like a John Deere on that one. Like foot controls.

My Husqvarna was 48". it wasn't like that, though. Hand forward, hand back, or neutral.
It was a wider cut than the Deere I kept. It cut well, it did.
I'm sure the guy I sold it to it to is happy and I made a little money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back