Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Well, Susan Collins will decide all this. Will see which way she votes soon.

Yes, we will.

And then we'll see women rise up and flush Republicans out of Congress.

Nice fantasy. Democrats will get the House back, but it does not look by much. Republicans make actually pick up seat in the senate which is shocking.

Flake and Collins could still vote no. Shocking to hear Flake is still undecided. If Kevanaugh goes down in a 51 to 49 or 52 to 48 vote, I wonder what impact that would have on the mid-terms?

Flake, Collins and Mansion voted yes
Murkowski voted no
Vote passed 51-49 so on to the next and final vote for confirmation

What if it was your child that was falsely accused of child molestation?
I would hope my child would demand to have his name cleared by the FBI for starters.
The FBI would be unavailable to clear your son. However, the FBI cleared Kavanaugh. Get over it.
Youre just mad Kavanaugh was afraid to ask for an FBI investigation. He had to have Drumpf limit the scope.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

That and the fact her staff have received threats of rape and violence from liberals.
link?

Sen. Collins blasts vulgar messages, threats, insults over Kavanaugh nomination

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Collins sounds like a yes

Collins announces......

.......wait for it.....

In favor.

Bring on the Yeungling and Sam Adams!

stone-cold-steveweisers-o.gif

Flake, Collins and Mansion voted yes
Murkowski voted no
Vote passed 51-49 so on to the next and final vote for confirmation

That was to end debate, the real vote is not until tomorrow or later. But Collins and Mansion are saying they will vote yes. A VICTORY FOR THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE!

Nice fantasy. Democrats will get the House back, but it does not look by much. Republicans make actually pick up seat in the senate which is shocking.

Uh, the democrats have 26 open seats... and the GOP isn't likely to pick up enough to offset their losses.

That's actually, kind of pathetic when you are at peace and have a good economy.

Uh, the democrats have 26 open seats... and the GOP isn't likely to pick up enough to offset their losses.

That's actually, kind of pathetic when you are at peace and have a good economy.

The United States has the following troops deployed in these three war zones:

Afghanistan: 16,000

Iraq: 5,200

Syria: 2,000

The United States military has participated in combat operations in all three of these countries in 2018.

Unemployment is at historic lows, but GDP growth over the past two years is a bit anemic by average historical standards.

Finally, there are a lot of independents and some Republicans who don't like Trump or the current Republican's party's defense of many of his actions and policies.

So its more of a mixed bag. Plus, the incumbent President normally suffers a bit of a loss in his first congressional mid-term contest.

It does not appear your going to see a Democratic take over of congress like the Republicans did in 1994.

Finally, great speech by Susan Collins. I'm glad she voted yes. A VICTORY FOR THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE! She often sited the importance of the presumption of innocence and fairness as well as looking dispassionately at the facts.

Susan Collins decided this essentially, and I'm glad she made the right choice.

Forum List

Back