Syrian Air Defenses Shot Down American Missiles

Regardless...70% intercept rate is pretty damn good. Especially when we consider the fact that the Russians are claiming that their S400 system was not even utilized during the attack.
NATO jets didn't break Syrian airspace either. If they had we may be reading about downed jets as well. That Russian system looks like the real deal.
A fool is born every minute lol
Unless you have something concrete to counter their claim then where are you? Where is anyone? We do know that certain targets were intended to be hit which were not. We also know that certain targets were intended to be hit which were. Further, we know the stated number of missiles deployed by NATO forces, 103. So, where is that list of targets? If we do, then we can surmise an approximate success rate.
Do we have that list? If not then how does anyone really know for sure?
read some military history
..this is almost unprecedented
..again--this would mean the US military/systems are terrible and theirs are great...??!!!??
..70%--very, very unlikely
''their claim''---exactly and as I say on USMB --if YOU make the claim, it's up to YOU to prove it--not for us to disprove it.....just like a court of law when the prosecutor makes a claim
...I also can make all kinds of claims:
aliens kidnap me
there is a god
the Eiffel Tower flew over me

The libs on this thread defending the Syrian thug and his use of chemical weapons... Cheer-leading the possibility they shot down some of our missiles..

Reality check... No missiles were shot down according to COMSAC citing video evidence from the missiles themselves. 101 were deployed and 101 hit their targets..

The Russian systems are incapable of hitting our tomahawk missiles and they are embarrassed as hell.. Makes the Russians look real bad...

hat would mean our systems are worthless and theirs are great
No it wouldn't. Why would you say that? Do you think that we (NATO) are the only entity on the planet with effective weapons systems? Money invested is not always directly proportional to result.

the US knows Syria's defensive capabilities better than we do and responds to it --tries to counter it..they just don't send out missiles and hope they will hit
defensive/offensive military capabilities are a continuous battle
Agreed. Yet my former position stands. Just because you know the capabilities of a foe that does not mean that you will have a 100% success rate. Further, the Syrians did not develop these systems, the Russians did. With Russia we are dealing with a foe who possesses first rate technology. On many fronts Russians are neck and neck with the west. One particular area is ballistic missile technology. Another is electronic countermeasure.
This is a proxy war.
well if they are neck and neck that would be a 50% rate--not 70%
bullshit---

Propaganda. Both sides will obviously claim 100% success. But the reality is, Syria is in ruins. We attacked a another nation that's absolutely no threat to the US. We need revolutionary change in our foreign policy. It's time to end this Permanent War Agenda.
Wartime Tax Rates for any form of War!

so the right wing can be, fiscally tough, and proclaim, hell no, they won't go due to the high tax rates required!

Look at all the traitors. Why would anyone believe what Syria claims?
Traitors.............lol

My problem is that it smells fishy to me..................doesn't mean they didn't do it...........means I don't think it makes sense.......

With ISIS falling why would he do such a thing that guarantees he would be hit or taken out....................

That is my problem with it.

Regardless...70% intercept rate is pretty damn good. Especially when we consider the fact that the Russians are claiming that their S400 system was not even utilized during the attack.
NATO jets didn't break Syrian airspace either. If they had we may be reading about downed jets as well. That Russian system looks like the real deal.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::bsflag:

Physical evidence says otherwise... gawd you Russian trolls are priceless...

A fool is born every minute lol
Unless you have something concrete to counter their claim then where are you? Where is anyone? We do know that certain targets were intended to be hit which were not. We also know that certain targets were intended to be hit which were. Further, we know the stated number of missiles deployed by NATO forces, 103. So, where is that list of targets? If we do, then we can surmise an approximate success rate.
Do we have that list? If not then how does anyone really know for sure?
read some military history
..this is almost unprecedented
..again--this would mean the US military/systems are terrible and theirs are great...??!!!??
..70%--very, very unlikely
''their claim''---exactly and as I say on USMB --if YOU make the claim, it's up to YOU to prove it--not for us to disprove it.....just like a court of law when the prosecutor makes a claim
...I also can make all kinds of claims:
aliens kidnap me
there is a god
the Eiffel Tower flew over me
Military history is not a factor here as success rates today are affected by the technology of today. Their claim is no different than that of the west's. As I stated, let's see the target list and we can factor from there.

Russian troll...maybe they can put that on my 214. I find it funny that any critical thought or inquiry is immediately passed off as an unpatriotic act.

Russian troll...maybe they can put that on my 214. I find it funny that any critical thought or inquiry is immediately passed off as an unpatriotic act.
Critical thought is based on EVIDENCE. What you posted was just parroted propaganda without any evidence to back it up.

You're a fool

They were token attacks. Not meant to actually accomplish anything.
It was a show of farce...
Millions of dollars to blow up 3 buildings. Told Russia and Syria ahead of time so they could clear them out. The airport reporting that it wasn’t even hit.

Then Trump resurrects “Mission Accomplished” during a toilet tweet :laugh:
Almost as good as Clinton using hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cruise missiles to blow up a few tents in Afghanistan.

Commander Military Strategic Air Command (COMSAC) has video that disproves your BS.

The United States, Great Britain and France launched a missile attack on government facilities in Syria early in the morning of April 14, 2018. According to the British Royal Air Forces representative Air Vice Marshal Gavin Parker, the targets were the research center in Damascus, Mezzeh Military Airport of the Syrian Air Force located near Damascus and several warehouses in Homs where the chemical weapons were allegedly located.

attachment.php

The Buksurface-to-air missile system of the Syrian Air Defense Force at Mezzeh Military Airport

Of course, mainstreammedia started talking immediately about panic among the Syrianmilitary and the infrastructure facilities destruction but thesestatements were far from the truth.

103 missiles are reported were launched in Syria and the Syrian air defense systems managed to shoot down 71 missiles. In particular,five missiles were fired at the Mezze airfield and all of them were destroyed in the air. Thus, the Buk air defense systems accomplished their task successfully.

attachment.php

Mezzeh Military Airport after the U.S. shelling

According to the Syrian military airport photographs, the military equipment and the runways have not been destroyed.At the same time, the smoke is a consequence of launched Buk missiles.

In general, we can say with certainty that the attacks of the United States and its allies were ineffective, the targets were not affected, the critical infrastructure facilities were not destroyed.And most importantly, the Syrian air defenses have fulfilled their mission showing the countries of the West the Syrian land is under reliable protection.
Yo rich...take vlads schmekel out of your ear and get real...

They were token attacks. Not meant to actually accomplish anything.
Millions of dollars to blow up 3 buildings. Told Russia and Syria ahead of time so they could clear them out. The airport reporting that it wasn’t even hit.

Stop cheerleading for the enemy dumbass
Trump is far more of an enemy to me than some broken little army on the other side of the planet. Millions of dollars to hit 3 buildings that posed zero threat to the U.S.
I agree it was a dumb move but you are sympathizing with the enemy and endorsing a noob conspiracy thread. Unless you actually believe those inbred towel heads were capable of defeating 70% of our military might.
Only if you really believe that Russia is seriously pissed off at Trump for anything other than Twitter diplomacy. They could be helping cover up that they helped him with the elections.

Trump is far more of an enemy to me than some broken little army on the other side of the planet. Millions of dollars to hit 3 buildings that posed zero threat to the U.S.
I agree it was a dumb move but you are sympathizing with the enemy and endorsing a noob conspiracy thread. Unless you actually believe those inbred towel heads were capable of defeating 70% of our military might.
Endorsed the thread? No, just pointing out we accomplished nothing and spent millions of dollars to do so. Meanwhile Assad gets to have some dinner, take a shower, and say MAGA-type things to rally his base.
You dont know what was or wasn't accomplished. Unless you're going to pretend you have private investigators on the ground.
Your hate for trump clouds your critical thinking.
Really..........they lost 2/3rds of their country...............the kurds have taken more ground than them with our support.

The tomahawks hit their intended targets....................one thing about our fire control systems.........they almost NEVER MISS and hit with Pin point accuracy..........................the only time they ever miss is due to a malfunction .............and Syria shot down nothing............tomahawks fly low to the ground making them almost impossible to detect let alone shoot down............they hug the ground.........then go up and down like a fish hook at the target.
Yes tomahawk missiles are great. That’s why it costs millions of dollars to fire them.

3 buildings hit, no chemical weapons destroyed.
Their ability to manufacture chems has been severely hampered. Fact.
Lol yeah... see you at next year’s chemical attack thread, buddy :itsok:
I don't think so. This President is actually doing something, rather than your muslim errand boy that occupied the oval office previously.
Trump’s not doing jack shit. 3 buildings. Good grief.
What do you want done?

Only if you really believe that Russia is seriously pissed off at Trump for anything other than Twitter diplomacy. They could be helping cover up that they helped him with the elections.
How did Russia help Trump win the election?

The United States, Great Britain and France launched a missile attack on government facilities in Syria early in the morning of April 14, 2018. According to the British Royal Air Forces representative Air Vice Marshal Gavin Parker, the targets were the research center in Damascus, Mezzeh Military Airport of the Syrian Air Force located near Damascus and several warehouses in Homs where the chemical weapons were allegedly located.

attachment.php

The Buksurface-to-air missile system of the Syrian Air Defense Force at Mezzeh Military Airport

Of course, mainstreammedia started talking immediately about panic among the Syrianmilitary and the infrastructure facilities destruction but thesestatements were far from the truth.

103 missiles are reported were launched in Syria and the Syrian air defense systems managed to shoot down 71 missiles. In particular,five missiles were fired at the Mezze airfield and all of them were destroyed in the air. Thus, the Buk air defense systems accomplished their task successfully.

attachment.php

Mezzeh Military Airport after the U.S. shelling

According to the Syrian military airport photographs, the military equipment and the runways have not been destroyed.At the same time, the smoke is a consequence of launched Buk missiles.

In general, we can say with certainty that the attacks of the United States and its allies were ineffective, the targets were not affected, the critical infrastructure facilities were not destroyed.And most importantly, the Syrian air defenses have fulfilled their mission showing the countries of the West the Syrian land is under reliable protection.

Well done, comrade.

This airstrike on Syria is a direct result of Obama's failure to act when Syria crossed his red line. Obviously, the Russians did not take away Assad's chemical weapons. Only a fool would have trusted the Russians and Obama did.

Endorsed the thread? No, just pointing out we accomplished nothing and spent millions of dollars to do so. Meanwhile Assad gets to have some dinner, take a shower, and say MAGA-type things to rally his base.
You dont know what was or wasn't accomplished. Unless you're going to pretend you have private investigators on the ground.
Your hate for trump clouds your critical thinking.
Yes tomahawk missiles are great. That’s why it costs millions of dollars to fire them.

3 buildings hit, no chemical weapons destroyed.
Their ability to manufacture chems has been severely hampered. Fact.
Lol yeah... see you at next year’s chemical attack thread, buddy :itsok:
I don't think so. This President is actually doing something, rather than your muslim errand boy that occupied the oval office previously.
Trump’s not doing jack shit. 3 buildings. Good grief.
What do you want done?
I’d like to close a few dozen military bases in the Middle East and to tell everybody there it’s all their problem now and best of luck to them

Forum List

Back