Syria's Assad Delivers Chilling Warning To Europe And The World...

Why would Obama in any way want a destabilized Middle East? :confused:

Ambassador Stephens would like to know that, too.

:cuckoo:

Libya is in Africa, we lump it together in with the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs.

That aside, i'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You certainly didn't answer the question.

The Libya situation is connected with Syria. Especially if the Administration was using Libya to smuggle arms into the rebels in Syria.

Ambassador Stephens would like to know that, too.

:cuckoo:

Libya is in Africa, we lump it together in with the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs.

That aside, i'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You certainly didn't answer the question.

The Libya situation is connected with Syria. Especially if the Administration was using Libya to smuggle arms into the rebels in Syria.

That doesn't answer the original question that he responded to. We don't know the full details of the CIA operations within Libya. Some of them were undoubtedly trying to manage weapon leaks from Qaddafi's regime and militia disarming. Beyond that in terms of Syria, it is pretty much speculation still in the public realm.

Oh, lordy. Does the simple fact that they are our largest importer of oil mean anything? Or are you that out of touch with reality?

What makes you think it doesn't?

This: Company Level Imports

Largest would be Canada.

U.S. Imports from Canada of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Not Syria.

U.S. Imports from Syria of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Wow. I don't think people have the brain cells to understand. Did you forget about OPEC and the Persian Gulf? Or are you too fucking stupid to understand? This Middle East is where it's at, buddy!

Holy Moses! Look at the top, genius.

U.S. Crude Oil Imports

OPEC and the Persian Gulf supply over 2.2 million barrels (2,252,606) as compared to little old Canada at 881k barrels (881,383). Empirical research is not your forte.

You must be looking at a different chart, or you can't read a chart, the one I see has total imports from Canada at 3 million barrels a day. Where as Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait combined gave a total of 2 million. But Syria is not Saudi Arabia. Hell, we get more oil from Russia than we do Syria.

I didn't mean to kill your thread, Paul.

:(

It's cool. It won't gain much traction here anyway. Most here are still stuck in that old Republican VS. Democrat paradigm. They're not interested in anything that strays outside that box.

I used to be as hard right as I could be, I was borderline neo-con. But a dramatic shift took place after the election in 2008.. now look at me, I'm a Libertarian. Good thing I saw the light. The two party system is an utter travesty. Too much bickering, not enough teamwork, not enough freedom. Lol.

Neo con by definition is not hard right, they are left of center but support conservative views in the main. Libertarians ARE far right however.

Oh, lordy. Does the simple fact that they are our largest importer of oil mean anything? Or are you that out of touch with reality?

What makes you think it doesn't?

This: Company Level Imports

Largest would be Canada.

U.S. Imports from Canada of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Not Syria.

U.S. Imports from Syria of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Wow. I don't think people have the brain cells to understand. Did you forget about OPEC and the Persian Gulf? Or are you too fucking stupid to understand? This Middle East is where it's at, buddy!

U.S. Crude Oil Imports

OPEC and the Persian Gulf supply over 2.2 million barrels (2,252,606) as compared to little old Canada at 881k barrels (881,383). Empirical research is not your forte.

OPEC and the Middle East, are not the same, there are a lot of major oil producers in OPEC that are located well outside of the Middle East.

At least Bush was nice enough to come up with some explanations for his interventions. Obama doesn't even bother to try.

Yup.

Doesn't matter that each one of the changing reasons was a bigger lie than the one before it.

And by "lie" I mean lie.

I don't mean "they got it wrong".

It ain't about oil or opec. Iran and the House of Saud have little in common on Syria. Iraq is bordering on a failed state. Nigeria? Let's not go there.

Assad's a thug, but the rebels verge in wahabism. The question I've had is whehter McCain has totally lost what is left of his mind. Obama clearly doesn't want to touch the place.

If Obama doesnt want to touch the place, why are we arming the rebels? Why is Obama the one making red lines and threatening action if they are crossed?

When the Middle East breaks into full fledged wars, Obama will likely stand back in awe with his mouth wide open...like a kid at a big fireworks show..

When it happens, our troops will likely be the ones hurting from it.

U.S. Crude Oil Imports

OPEC and the Middle East, are not the same, there are a lot of major oil producers in OPEC that are located well outside of the Middle East.

Syria is not an OPEC member nor are they a major oil producer. Why do you think we've given such a small amount compared to what we spend on Iraq. If they had oil we'd be much more interested in Syria.

If we are involved in a war, it's easier to fundamentally transform the people.

I'm not sure what you are trying to insinuate here.

Im not trying to insinuate anything. Im openly stating they want war so they can use the crisis of a war to fundamentally transform our nation.

So could you then expand on that at all so it is more clear? How do you see the Obama administration transforming our society and why? I'm also curious as to how this would be his plan when sending rebels military aid, isn't the same as being in a war, and when he is getting us out of the two actual wars that we are engaged in (Iraq and Afghanistan).

U.S. Crude Oil Imports

Syria is not an OPEC member nor are they a major oil producer. Why do you think we've given such a small amount compared to what we spend on Iraq. If they had oil we'd be much more interested in Syria.

I would agree that we would be much more interested in Syria if it was a major oil supplier. War in major oil supplying countries causes the global price of oil to go up whether you buy from that country or not. We still feel a little sting from Syria, but not enough to make the war "about oil" as Templar seems to think it is.

When the Middle East breaks into full fledged wars, Obama will likely stand back in awe with his mouth wide open...like a kid at a big fireworks show..

When it happens, our troops will likely be the ones hurting from it.

That's what obama intends by sending them over there.

There you go again. Obama "intends" to hurt the troops. We can't just have policy differences, you have to take it to the realm of intentional harm. Anyone who believes that isn't worth arguing with. You're certifiably insane.

Our funding & arming of 'Rebels' in Egypt, Libya, and Syria will result in a big boom for radical Islam. No pun intended. Seriously.

Forum List

Back