Syria's Assad Delivers Chilling Warning To Europe And The World...

What makes you think our Syria policy has anything to do with oil?

Oh, lordy. Does the simple fact that they are our largest importer of oil mean anything? Or are you that out of touch with reality?

What makes you think it doesn't?

Syria isn't our largest source of oil. Since the mid 90's our imports from Syria have been pretty small.

I was talking about the entire Middle East! My gosh, does it not behoove you to use a little deductive reasoning skills?

Yep. We have no clue what we are doing in the Middle East anymore. Our intervention is driven by our insatiable need for oil, not for the real goal of defending freedom, or our interests here at home.

Oh, lordy. Does the simple fact that they are our largest importer of oil mean anything? Or are you that out of touch with reality?

This: Company Level Imports

Largest would be Canada.

U.S. Imports from Canada of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Not Syria.

U.S. Imports from Syria of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

At least Bush was nice enough to come up with some explanations for his interventions. Obama doesn't even bother to try.

He stated quite a long time ago that the use of chemical weapons would be a red line, and that has happened and been independently verified by third part sources.

The big issue for me though (and for the Obama Administration I imagine), is the security threats that extended conflict are starting to have. Lebanon is starting to destabilize, security in the Golan Heights is starting to destabilize, large refugee problems are starting to place heavy strains on host countries (like Jordan). I think we just want to see it ended. No outcome is going to be desirable, but the long wait is just making it worse.

See---you had to guess at what Obama's concern was in Syria. Nothing has been stabile in that area for around 60 years now. America can't stabilize anything.

obama doesn't care about oil. If he thought he could get away with it, he would ban all petroleum products tomorrow. What he does care about is destabilizing the middle east.

Why would Obama in any way want a destabilized Middle East? :confused:

Ambassador Stephens would like to know that, too.

:cuckoo:

Libya is in Africa, we lump it together in with the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs.

That aside, i'm not sure what point you are trying to make. You certainly didn't answer the question.

obama doesn't care about oil. If he thought he could get away with it, he would ban all petroleum products tomorrow. What he does care about is destabilizing the middle east.

Who knows! He's deranged. He has had a hard on for the Imperialists his whole life. He's been sympathetic to islam his whole life. He isn't a builder. He's a destroyer. He is supporting the worst islamic scum that mohammed produces. Why? Why give arms to cannibals who shoot children for insulting mohammed?

At least Bush was nice enough to come up with some explanations for his interventions. Obama doesn't even bother to try.

He stated quite a long time ago that the use of chemical weapons would be a red line, and that has happened and been independently verified by third part sources.

The big issue for me though (and for the Obama Administration I imagine), is the security threats that extended conflict are starting to have. Lebanon is starting to destabilize, security in the Golan Heights is starting to destabilize, large refugee problems are starting to place heavy strains on host countries (like Jordan). I think we just want to see it ended. No outcome is going to be desirable, but the long wait is just making it worse.

See---you had to guess at what Obama's concern was in Syria. Nothing has been stabile in that area for around 60 years now. America can't stabilize anything.

The escalating levels of violence in Lebanon and potential for a new outbreak of sectarian fighting there is of major concern to both the US and Israel. There is absolutely no "guessing" there. The security situation in Jordan and the Golan Heights is also 100% of concern to us as well. The issue is simply isolating the main motivating factor for the potential rebel support and that is difficult to impossible to do without access to information that cannot be discussed over a public forum board: IE SBU, sensitive, Secret, or even top secret information. (frank appraisals generally fall within those categories, it's how diplomats can talk to each other starkly and bluntly without being worried about being quoted by the foreign or domestic press).

Who knows! He's deranged. He has had a hard on for the Imperialists his whole life. He's been sympathetic to islam his whole life. He isn't a builder. He's a destroyer. He is supporting the worst islamic scum that mohammed produces. Why? Why give arms to cannibals who shoot children for insulting mohammed?

So in other words you don't have any supporting evidence, nor do you even have a feasible motive.

The liberal Obamaphiles don't even have a response to this shit. Now THAT outta tell us something.

Syria isn't our largest source of oil. Since the mid 90's our imports from Syria have been pretty small.

I was talking about the entire Middle East! My gosh, does it not behoove you to use a little deductive reasoning skills?

I generally find it highly inappropriate to lump the entire Middle East together.

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me how Syria is about oil.

The liberal Obamaphiles don't even have a response to this shit. Now THAT outta tell us something.

What is there to respond to? He didn't forth anything coherent, or organized?

Unfortunately, we'll be living with the awful Blowback on Libya, Egypt, and Syria for a long time. A Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy is the logical way forward. But only the People can make that happen. Don't count on the Politicians to do it on their own. They'll have to be forced to.

What is there to respond to? He didn't forth anything coherent, or organized?

How about a response to "What's the reason for getting involved in Syria's civil war ?"
Are liberals tickled to death about it ?

starting???

starting???

Yes. We've seen numerous escalations in security concerns in those regions. Increased mortar activity, the pulling out of Austrian troops from the Golan Heights, the effect of long term refugee burdens on already burdened countries (like Jordan), the more heavy spread of sectarian violence into Lebanon and cross border attacks, and the emergence of Hezbollah as a fighting force within Syria itself. All major things to be concerned about for both the US and especially Israel in terms of security, and regional stability. Now the dangers have always been there since the outbreak of fighting and before, but they have certainly grown much more intense recently. Couple that with the confirmed reports on gas attacks and it is problematic for us.

starting???

Yes. We've seen numerous escalations in security concerns in those regions. Increased mortar activity, the pulling out of Austrian troops from the Golan Heights, the effect of long term refugee burdens on already burdened countries (like Jordan), the more heavy spread of sectarian violence into Lebanon and cross border attacks, and the emergence of Hezbollah as a fighting force within Syria itself. All major things to be concerned about for both the US and especially Israel in terms of security, and regional stability. Now the dangers have always been there since the outbreak of fighting and before, but they have certainly grown much more intense recently. Couple that with the confirmed reports on gas attacks and it is problematic for us.

Listen closely---- THE REBELS HAVE USED SARIN GAS TOO.

but thanks for admitting this is all about protecting Israel.

?Alawite State? in Syria Not in the Cards - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

This: Company Level Imports

Largest would be Canada.

U.S. Imports from Canada of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Not Syria.

U.S. Imports from Syria of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels)

Wow. I don't think people have the brain cells to understand. Did you forget about OPEC and the Persian Gulf? Or are you too fucking stupid to understand? This Middle East is where it's at, buddy!

Holy Moses! Look at the top, genius.

U.S. Crude Oil Imports

OPEC and the Persian Gulf supply over 2.2 million barrels (2,252,606) as compared to little old Canada at 881k barrels (881,383). Empirical research is not your forte.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back