Taking On The Greed of The Pharma Industry

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
tragically, one of 5 patients who get a prescription from their doctor are unable to fill it. how insane is that?

no other country on earth allows companies to charge any price they want for any reason

somebody in Indiana can walk into a pharmacy and find out that the medicine cost has tripled. in the US, that is perfectly legal...STOP THIS INSANITY RIGHT NOW! how I fear for my parents...& my fellow americans!

tragically, one of 5 patients who get a prescription from their doctor are unable to fill it. how insane is that?

no other country on earth allows companies to charge any price they want for any reason

somebody in Indiana can walk into a pharmacy and find out that the medicine cost has tripled. in the US, that is perfectly legal...STOP THIS INSANITY RIGHT NOW! how I fear for my parents...& my fellow americans!

Why your elders are fat asses and never took care of themselves?

It's there choice..

• Banned

It's there choice..

the CEO of Gilead became a billionaire because his drug company charged 1K$ for a pill that costs 1 dollar to manufacture and can be bought in India for 4 dollars.

how is that my mom's fault?

It's there choice..

the CEO of Gilead became a billionaire because his drug company charged 1K$ for a pill that costs 1 dollar to manufacture and can be bought in India for 4 dollars.

Big govt keeps us from being able to buy pills from india. You are implying you want them to control the market even more
It makes no sense

• Banned
the pharma industry is the wealthiest and most powerful political force in America. over 20 years, it has spent 4 billion dollars in campaign contributions. they have 1K lobbyists in DC alone. they own both parties.

• Banned

It's there choice..

Big govt keeps us from being able to buy pills from india. You are implying you want them to control the market even more
It makes no sense
the VA pays lower for prescription drugs than other agencies. how can that be?

Americans abuse their pills.....why you cant get any decent pain meds,,,,,,so why should you get anything else

It's there choice..

The Indians are still paying 1k dollars for that pill. They just don't pay it at the pharmacy store.

Too much freedom going on, eh?

somebody in Indiana can walk into a pharmacy and find out that the medicine cost has tripled. in the US, that is perfectly legal.

Somebody in Cuba can walk into a pharmacy and find out that there is no medicine.

It's there choice..

Manufacture? That's the cheapest part, kind of why they can do it in India.
What about research, develop and get approval?
Not a whole lot of those getting done in India, eh?

Planetdrugsdirect.com

My son's advair is $400 a month at local chain pharmacy, or $80 for a 6 month supply from them. The only difference is that fancy packaging.

It's there choice..

It makes no sense
Wrong. Lobbying groups for big oharma have don't that. Take back our government.

It's there choice..

It makes no sense
Wrong. Lobbying groups for big oharma have don't that. Take back our government.
It all boils down to big govt. A small govt wouldnt be bought and pursuaded by lobbyists :rolleyes:

It's there choice..

It makes no sense
It all boils down to big govt. A small govt wouldnt be bought and pursuaded by lobbyists :rolleyes:
Don't be ridiculous. The only difference a smaller government would make in this case is it would cost less to bribe.

It's there choice..

It makes no sense
Don't be ridiculous. The only difference a smaller government would make in this case is it would cost less to bribe.
Small govt wouldnt be trying to control the market. Including import.

It makes no sense
Small govt wouldnt be trying to control the market. Including import.
They would after the pharmacy lobbyists got through with them.

C EO of Pfizer got a 27.9 Million dollar pay raise, WHY
Pfizer increased the price on over 100 drugs.

As I recall the Clintons were at war with "big Pharma" but nothing came of it. Nobody even talked about the price of drugs during the eight years of Obama even when the ironically named ACA was created. A republican is in office and all of a sudden the media decided that the price of drugs has become a crisis. No surprises here. It should be noted that U.S. based drug companies are responsible for the R&D that goes into making "miracle" drugs.

Forum List

Back