Target jumps on the transgender PC train rest room issue

In short order women will demand that men keep out of their restroom and Target will fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I tend to agree.... all this is so much bullshit. We're talking about a tiny handful of freaks.

Exactly, a tiny handful, which is why I fail to understand why conservatives are freaking out like it's the end of the world. The odds of any of us even seeing this happen are not very good.

Well, I dunno about freaking out. I just find it odd that we're even talking about it. Personally, I don't even think it is a real issue.

Wait, I thought they weren't funneling them all into the same bathroom..I thought they were just going to provide a separate bathroom for the disabled and the freaks.

Won't affect me, I already boycott Target because they don't allow The Salvation Army bell ringers at Christmas time.
Wonder if the urinals will be removed ?

Target Makes a Stand on Transgender Bathroom Issue

Target is making a stand on the debate around what type of bathrooms transgender people can use.

In a statement posted on its company website Tuesday, the discounter, based in Minneapolis, said transgender employees and customers can use the restroom or fitting room facility that "corresponds with their gender identity."

"Inclusivity is a core belief at Target," said the retailer in a statement. "It's something we celebrate."

The statement comes as a national debate is exploding over whether to restrict transgender people to using public bathrooms that only match their sex at birth.

North Carolina is facing backlash for its recent ban on local anti-discrimination ordinances. Several musicians including Bruce Springsteen have cancelled planned tour stops in North Carolina, and PayPal pulled back on plans to open a 400-employee operation center in Charlotte in response to the new law.

Other states are considering legislation similar to that adopted by North Carolina.

Target Corp. says it regularly assesses issues and considers many factors that would impact business, customers and workers.

Target Makes a Stand on Transgender Bathroom Issue
No, Target is simply not buying into the ignorance, stupidity, and bigotry common to most on the right.

Likely a publicity stunt. Target's getting hammered by Walmart. But this could backfire bigtime. It could force many loyal Target customers to head over to Walmart instead. This policy will not be received well by most.

Target is pandering to the freak show carnies, it won't end well.

Oh yeah, they may lose more customers to Walmart as a result. They didn't think this one through enough.

Target is doing quite well.

Target is beating Wal-Mart in the race to beef-up sales.

Target Corp. on Wednesday reported a nearly 52% surge in its first-quarter profit on strong sales of more profitable items like fashion and baby products, evidence that its efforts to turn around its business are paying off.

The results handily beat Wall Street expectations on all fronts, and the Minneapolis-based retailer boosted the bottom end of its annual profit outlook.

That's in contrast with rival Wal-Mart, which missed Wall Street estimates with its earnings report a day earlier. It showed a 7% decline in first-quarter profit, dragged down by its recent moves to raise wages for hourly workers and increase spending in its online operations.

Target is beating Wal-Mart in the race to get customers back

But hey, imagine they're doing poorly. It won't really matter.

Overall, Walmart crushes Target. And this weird decision might just chase many of its loyal customers over to Walmart.

Target is winning customers back at about double the rate as Walmart.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of your narrative. They never have before.

I stand by my assertion. Overall, Walmart crushes Target. And weird decisions like this, will likely result in many of its loyal customers heading over to shop at Walmart instead. Most don't like the idea of creepy dudes hangin in the ladies room. This decision could come back to haunt Target.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of your narrative. They never have before.

That's right! I overheard this while I was peeping in my neighbors the other day:

Wife: Honey, we can start shopping at Target again now!

Hubby: We can? Why?

Wife: Because now you can go in the womens restroom and watch the little girls pee.

Target is pandering to the freak show carnies, it won't end well.

Oh yeah, they may lose more customers to Walmart as a result. They didn't think this one through enough.

Target Corp. on Wednesday reported a nearly 52% surge in its first-quarter profit on strong sales of more profitable items like fashion and baby products, evidence that its efforts to turn around its business are paying off.

The results handily beat Wall Street expectations on all fronts, and the Minneapolis-based retailer boosted the bottom end of its annual profit outlook.

That's in contrast with rival Wal-Mart, which missed Wall Street estimates with its earnings report a day earlier. It showed a 7% decline in first-quarter profit, dragged down by its recent moves to raise wages for hourly workers and increase spending in its online operations.

Overall, Walmart crushes Target. And this weird decision might just chase many of its loyal customers over to Walmart.

I stand by my assertion. Overall, Walmart crushes Target. And weird decisions like this, will likely result in many of its loyal customers heading over to shop at Walmart instead. Most don't like the idea of creepy dudes hangin in the ladies room. This decision could come back to haunt Target.

You said that Target is losing customers to Walmart. In reality, Target is winning back customers at a rate twice that of Walmart.

Ignore as you will. Its obvious that you only see what you want to.

"Won't affect me, I already boycott Target because they don't allow The Salvation Army bell ringers at Christmas time."

This is as ridiculous and as idiotic as "boycotting" Target because they don't discriminate against transgender Americans.

That's right! I overheard this while I was peeping in my neighbors the other day:

Wife: Honey, we can start shopping at Target again now!

Hubby: We can? Why?

Wife: Because now you can go in the womens restroom and watch the little girls pee.

Yeah, i can see many former Target customers frantically fleeing to shop at Walmart instead. This decision is pretty bizarre. I guess Target felt it was a good pandering gimmick. Personally, i think it's a very bad decision.

I won't be going there anymore..to bad because its almost always whiter,quieter and cleaner than Wal Mart. Won't take a chance with my wife and kids there anymore.

Nobody cares

Clearly many people do or this wouldn't be a hot national topic.....dumbass

Its a stupid wedge issue. Where republicans make up some ludicrously improbable hypothetical to scare people....that doesn't make the slightest sense.

Fear is pretty much the cornerstone of the GOP political philosophy.

Last edited:

You said that Target is losing customers to Walmart. In reality, Target is winning back customers at a rate twice that of Walmart.

It's not even close. Target isn't on the same level as Walmart. It aspires to be, but it isn't. And this weird decision will likely chase many customers away. Walmart thanks Target very much for its very bad decision.

It's not even close. Target isn't on the same level as Walmart. It aspires to be, but it isn't. And this weird decision will likely chase many customers away. Walmart thanks Target very much for its very bad decision.

Again, target isn't losing customers to Walmart. Its gaining them back at a rate twice that of Walmart.

You ignore this, pretending it never happened. As I said, you only see what you want to.

The bigots world is shrinking every day. Fantastic.

Prime example right here folks.

Notice that if you protest, how you're immediately branded. This is exactly why Target and other organizations do these sort of things.
Wrong.

Advocating that Americans be discriminated against is not "protest," it's bigotry, and to identify it as such is both appropriate and warranted.

I find it to be another non issue for RW rubes to whine about.

Nah, creepy dudes hangin in the ladies room is pretty upsetting to many, regardless of political affiliation. Target overreached on this one. It's gonna chase many customers away. And they'll likely end up at Walmart. I think Walmart's very happy with this bizarre decision.

Its a stupid wedge issue. Where republicans make up some ludicrously improbable hypothetical to scare people....that doesn't make the slightest sense.

Fear is pretty much the cornerstone of the GOP political philosophy.

Made up? So Target is not doing this? So some women aren't afraid of pervert men in the bathroom with them? You people are delusional.

Again, target isn't losing customers to Walmart. Its gaining them back at a rate twice that of Walmart.

You ignore this, pretending it never happened. As I said, you only see what you want to.

Target screwed the pooch with its credit card fiasco as well. It lost a lot of customers to Walmart as a result. And now this. So it can gain some customers, but it can't touch Walmart. They're in different leagues.

Forum List

Back