Target to stop offering health care coverage for part-time workers

Son, they were being paid low wages, and they are getting better health care and a subsidy for it.

And health care costs continue to flatten.

Tough, ain't it.

Boy, ACA has not been around long enough to have had a major effect. Except to raise costs with the 30 hour rule and covering children to 26.

My cost is skyrocketing that is what I know for a fact.

Any decrease in health care RISE is due mostly to the democrat created economic slump.

Here is an article covering health care it is not partisan:

Here is a snippet: (Bold are my comments)

Four factors deflate medical cost trend in 2014
Care continues to move outside costly settings such as hospitals to more affordable retail clinics and mobile health. Consumers value the convenience, and costs can be as little as one-third of the bill in a traditional healthcare site. (nothing to do with Obamacare)

Major employers such as Walmart, Boeing, and Lowe’s now contract directly with big-name health systems for costly, complicated procedures such as heart surgery and spinal fusion. The employers are making the move to “high performance networks” far away from the home office in the belief that even with travel costs, these networks still deliver overall savings. (nothing to do with Obamacare)

The federal government’s new readmission penalties take direct aim at waste in the health system, estimated to be as high as 30%. According to government data, hospital readmissions dropped by nearly 70,000 in 2012, and this trend is expected to accelerate through 2014 as hospitals focus on discharge planning, compliance and the continuum of care. (maybe due to obamacare)

Seventeen percent of employers in PwC’s 2013 Touchstone survey today offer a high deductible health plan as the only option for employees. And more than 44% are considering offering it as the only option. When consumers pay more for their healthcare, they often make more cost-conscious choices. (nothing to do with Obamacare and what it tells me is that people will just quit being treated)

Two factors inflate medical cost trend in 2014

Until recently, widespread adoption of generic medicines helped dampen overall medical inflation, but the rise of expensive complex biologics will nudge spending trends upward. Approvals of new biologics now outpace traditional therapies, and that pattern will continue in 2014 as research efforts target complex cases such as cancer. (nothing to do with Obamacare but Obama did enter in a secret deal with drug companies)

Health industry consolidation has increased more than 50% since 2009—activity that is expected to continue through 2014. Higher prices are sure to follow in some markets. According to a recent report, hospital mergers can lead to price increases of up to 20.3% These price increases are especially acute in markets with one dominant system (definitely caused by Obamacare)

Behind the numbers: 2014 health care and medical cost trends report: PwC

The complaint about keeping his son parents plans until age 26 is stupid. If they weren't on their parents' plans they would most likely be eligible for free plans via medicare. DO you not understand that?

Don't get you drift. They are on their parents plans so that raises the health care cost for whomever is providing coverage. To subsidize is transparent to HC costs in my opinion. In other words the coverage doesn't cost more, as in the parents plan, the money comes out of Obama's stash.

Below I believe 60000/year a family starts getting subsidized. So yes it will happen for these people. Go to healthcare.gov and see for yourself. It is actually easy and you don't need to sign up.

First, it is different from state to state. Second, it's not based on "family" but income vs household size. Third, I've already been to the exchanges. I know how it works.

Yes, the political ideology behind the Obama approach is to create more voter demand for taxing the wealthy to pay for workers HC.

Well? I guess these people are not losing their healthcare they are just going to be paid low wages and go on the government dole. Just as it was always meant to be in Obama world.

Target Corp said it will stop offering health coverage to part-time workers, citing new public insurance exchanges floated by the U.S. government.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the insurance they got wasn't worth five cents and what they'll get on the exchanges is much less.

Below I believe 60000/year a family starts getting subsidized. So yes it will happen for these people. Go to healthcare.gov and see for yourself. It is actually easy and you don't need to sign up.

First, it is different from state to state. Second, it's not based on "family" but income vs household size. Third, I've already been to the exchanges. I know how it works.

Do you just like to disagree? I think it changes from area within states and the availability of services. Also "family" of course depends on size. I think the 60,000 dollar mark is a family of four which I am not sure that subsidy changes state to state. Any who the less someone makes the more the government kicks in.

Any who the less someone makes the more the government kicks in.

Except that it doesn't. So many people, yourself included, seem to just assume that the government is providing for those who are poor. But it's not. Not really. The threshold is exceptionally low, and applies to people whose income is already so low they already aren't supporting themselves, and overall are an exceptional few people. But the true working poor, those who work full time, don't make very much money, but who get by under their own steam....these people would be bankrupted by complying with Obamacare. They don't qualify for a single penny of assistance, but complying with Obamacare would leave them hungry and/or homeless.

Any who the less someone makes the more the government kicks in.

Except that it doesn't. So many people, yourself included, seem to just assume that the government is providing for those who are poor. But it's not. Not really. The threshold is exceptionally low, and applies to people whose income is already so low they already aren't supporting themselves, and overall are an exceptional few people. But the true working poor, those who work full time, don't make very much money, but who get by under their own steam....these people would be bankrupted by complying with Obamacare. They don't qualify for a single penny of assistance, but complying with Obamacare would leave them hungry and/or homeless.

From the following site:

obamacare-subsidies.jpg

How Will Subsidies Affect My Cost?

As a rule of thumb the less you make the lower your premium will be (do to advanced premium tax credits) and the lower your out-of-pocket costs will be as well. The cost of your plan is based on what plan you choose, family size, location, age and smoking status. Subsidies are then applied to the cost of your plan.

ObamaCare Subsidies

Forum List

Back