Tavis Smiley: Obama Blacks Have Lost Ground In Every Major Economic Category

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Tavis Smiley: In The Era of Obama Blacks Have Lost Ground In Every Major Economic Category

"Sadly, and it pains me to say this, over the last decade black folk, in the era of Obama have lost ground in every major economic category," Smiley said Friday in an interview with Huffington Post. "Not one, two or three [categories], but every major economic category, black americans have lost ground"

"We've been so caught up in the symbolism of the Obama presidency, we haven't pressed as hard as we should on the substance of this presidency," Smiley said. "Black people and black leaders have been too deferential to this president."

340922_1_.jpg

340922_1_.jpg

Tavis Smiley: In The Era of Obama Blacks Have Lost Ground In Every Major Economic Category

Remember that man...A man who tells the truth without an agenda.

I don't think blacks will be cramming the voting booths for the Democrats.

If blacks wanted front of the line privileges, they should have elected Sharpton or Jackson, not Obama

The wonders of supply side economics

Trickle down never trickles that low

If Hillary does for women what Obama has done for the Negro, there will be some damn upset women.

That's why Obama gave money to those car companies INSTEAD of tax rebates to the PEOPLE. THANK YOU for ADMITTING his failure, please come again.

Yep.....Obama's tickle down economics has done a wonderful job for the "billionaire class", the wall street tycoons and millionaires. But the middle class and particularly poor blacks keep falling further and further behind.

Why does Obama hate the poor and blacks so much? :(

"Sadly, and it pains me to say this, over the last decade black folk, in the era of Obama have lost ground in every major economic category," Smiley said Friday in an interview with Huffington Post. "Not one, two or three [categories], but every major economic category, black americans have lost ground"

"We've been so caught up in the symbolism of the Obama presidency, we haven't pressed as hard as we should on the substance of this presidency," Smiley said. "Black people and black leaders have been too deferential to this president."

340922_1_.jpg

340922_1_.jpg

Travis Smiley is an idiot...and you don't even like black people.

340922_1_.jpg

340922_1_.jpg

Yeah because there is only one branch of gubmint. Oh wait.

But they would come out in huge numbers and vote for him again
if that were the case....

They will vote Democrat as long as there are elections.

I'm curious why RWers are somehow motivated to make racial comments by the fact that blacks fared about the same as working class whites in the post-recession.

Tavis, I get. He thinks Obama had some duty to help blacks more than everyone else. And, blacks do benefit more from ending the war on drugs, and would benefit the most from making it harder for criminals to buy guns. But Tavis wants to see blacks make more economic gains than whites. Somehow I don't think he's the posterchild for race relations.

Forum List

Back