🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tax Break scholarships could help kids get into private schools in new Ky bill!

I also like the idea. Here is how it works in Arizona, I haven't done my 2017 income taxes yet but here are the numbers for 2016: My owed amount for state income tax came to $2887 before credits. I then went to a website and donated the allowed maximum of $2173 to the charter school that a neighbor's 2nd grader attends. It reduced my state tax to $714. Bottom line is I ended up paying the same amount but it did allow me to direct where most of my money's going.

The local public school district still received their chunk from me through my property tax.

I also like the idea. Here is how it works in Arizona, I haven't done my 2017 income taxes yet but here are the numbers for 2016: My owed amount for state income tax came to $2887 before credits. I then went to a website and donated the allowed maximum of $2173 to the charter school that a neighbor's 2nd grader attends. It reduced my state tax to $714. Bottom line is I ended up paying the same amount but it did allow me to direct where most of my money's going.

The local school district still received their chunk from me through my property tax.
That's awesome!

Forum List

Back