taxes

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
everyone was all about trump's tax cuts.....and yet there has been total silence on how this effected your taxes this year as you settled? My taxes are being done and I cant wait to see the results....

so anyone...how did your taxes compare to last year?

My weekly checks look a bit better. It isnt much, but its better than last year.
Lets face it. Our stupid fucking voters will never elect a person that would actually battle the debt.
So fuck it. Let me keep as much as i can!

The GOP-Trump Tax Cut has been a massive failure that has exploded our deficit to $1T again, and will force cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security beginning in January 2019. Those cuts would have started January 2018 if Conservatives had not passed a waiver of the very PayGo rules they demanded we put in place about 7 years ago.

Conservatives aren't ideologically consistent on deficits and debt, and never have been. So they're not to be trusted or believed when it comes to the budget.

Are you confused?

The taxes don't go into effect until this year.

You will be paying less taxes for 2018.

Compare 2017 tax bill to this years.

I will be paying about $2K less in Federal tax this year. I like having about $200 more spendable income each month. If you aren't paying less money then you aren't doing it right.

My weekly checks look a bit better. It isnt much, but its better than last year.
Lets face it. Our stupid fucking voters will never elect a person that would actually battle the debt.

Conservatives were the ones who screamed about the debt and deficit for all of Obama's term, and now they're proving all that concern was peacocking.

If you want to battle the debt, you have to raise taxes. You can't cut your way to a balanced budget if you're not replacing the government demand with anything; you're just contracting the economy.

Are you confused?

I will be paying about $2K less in Federal tax this year. I like having about $200 more spendable income each month. If you aren't paying less money then you aren't doing it right.

According to Conservatives, everyone was supposed to feel the benefits of the tax cut by now in their paychecks. Of course, that assumes that Conservatives were honest about the tax cut's effects, which they weren't.

Conservatives were the ones who screamed about the debt and deficit for all of Obama's term, and now they're proving all that concern was peacocking.

If you want to battle the debt, you have to raise taxes. You can't cut your way to a balanced budget if you're not replacing the government demand with anything; you're just contracting the economy.
Yes, partisans bitch about issues until their guy gets in. Then it switches.
Stop playing your partisan bullshit with me.
"but conservatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :CryingCow:"

You haven’t been paying attention.

When taxes are cut, the government takes in more money.

Somehow.

Your johns write checks? Mine usually just pay in cash.

Yes, partisans bitch about issues until their guy gets in. Then it switches.

No, no, no.

Conservatives have always screamed about the deficit and debt for at least the last 40 years. Democrats don't share their concerns over the deficit and debt, and don't peacock on it. Bringing up the fact that Conservatives have been ideologically inconsistent on the debt doesn't mean we share their position on it.

I think you're just too lazy to notice the difference.

Are you confused?

According to Conservatives, everyone was supposed to feel the benefits of the tax cut by now. Of course, that assumes that Conservatives were honest about the tax cut's effects, which they weren't.

You seem to be confused Moon Bat so let me explain this to you.

The tax rates for most Americans will be less this year than when that asshole Obama was President.

Most Americans will be paying less in taxes this year than they did last year.

If you have earned income or any income subject to withholding then the withholding rates are less because the tax rates are less.

The people doing the withholding may or may not adjust the withholding rates. For instance, mine didn't. I could adjust it if I wanted. I chose not to do it because I have increased income this year and the lesser tax makes up for the tax burden of the additional income.

That does nothing to change the fact that I will have to send the filthy ass Federal government about $2,000 less this year than I would have had for the same amount of income.

Less taxes are a good thing.

Get down on your knees Moon Bat and thank god that Trump championed a tax cut. If you are not getting a tax cut then you are doing it wrong.

they can raise taxes when they learn how to spend it properly.........

The tax rates for most Americans will be less this year than when that asshole Obama was President.

The tax cut has already taken effect and is supposed to be reflected in paychecks right now. It turns out that the GOP and Conservatives wildly misstated and overestimated how much most Americans would receive in their checks thanks to the cut. It turns out that most Americans don't see much of a change at all; and since you removed the individual mandate for insurance, the increase for people's premiums is equal to or greater than the increase in take-home pay after the cut.

No, it hasn't trickled down and it never will...just like it didn't trickle down in the 80's, just like it didn't trickle down in the 00's, just like it didn't trickle down in Kansas in the 10's.

At some point, you are going to have to give up this feverish devotion to supply-side dogma because it simply doesn't work the way you all continually promise it will.

Are you confused?

According to Conservatives, everyone was supposed to feel the benefits of the tax cut by now in their paychecks. Of course, that assumes that Conservatives were honest about the tax cut's effects, which they weren't.
my check looks like it did in December,except for the cost of living i got....otherwise...we got a tax break?........

Less taxes are a good thing.

Not when the result is starving the treasury of revenue, which is the design of tax cuts.

Basically, tax cuts are fiscal terrorism; you fly planes of tax cuts into the budget, then chicken little over the manufactured deficit and debt, using the hysteria you generated in order to cut programs you are ideologically opposed to, but lack the courage, will, and support to repeal through conventional legislation. So instead, you manufacture deficits and debt, then use both as an excuse to cut spending on those whom you sanctimoniously judge for no other reason than to inflict harm on them. That's terrorism.

can raise taxes when they learn how to spend it properly.........

You're the ones who spent it on useless tax cuts, useless wars of occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan, costly and unfunded expansions of entitlements, and bailing out firms you put in peril because of your deregulatory zeal.

The problem isn't government...the problem is Conservatism.

Forum List

Back